Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiagems

Author Topic: Radiagems  (Read 5350 times)

tmcbee1

Radiagems
« on: Dec 02, 2008, 12:13 »
Has anyone ever used a Radiagem before and how did you like or dislike them

rjc4243

Re: Radiagems
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2008, 07:13 »
Who is the manufacture of this instrument?

There are RAM GAM-1's out there by MGP.

Motown homey

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2008, 02:29 »

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2008, 02:48 »
Careful, it's in the "SMART" meter category!

I've been to several commercial sites that maintained an inventory of SMART meters, but all are hesitent to use them, or even incorporate them into their program due to the probe/instrument relationship. 

RG... 8)

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2008, 10:49 »
Careful, it's in the "SMART" meter category!

I've been to several commercial sites that maintained an inventory of SMART meters, but all are hesitent to use them, or even incorporate them into their program due to the probe/instrument relationship. 

RG... 8)
[/quote
I worked a site that had the Eberline "Smart" probe/meter set ups.  They were totally in love with them, for their work inside the building, even doing shipping with them.  However, when I took the NaI combination outside to excavate an field of potential buried RadMat, things went downhill.  They did not stand up at all to adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or even extreme cold.  They also failed miserably at tumbling down the side of dirt piles, and didn't do very well being rigged with a strap and simply slung over a shoulder and carried around in an operational mode.  I was taking one back to the instrument lab on the average of once a week.  For comparative purposes, a Ludlum rig will not have any problems of the type encountered during the same type of operation.  However the Ludlum meter will not withstand the compression exerted by an excavator.  I did not subject the Eberline to the same level of test.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?