Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Timeframe Question

Author Topic: Timeframe Question  (Read 5910 times)

steeeeevo

Timeframe Question
« on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:32 »
Hi Everyone,

Here is my question.  I am in the process of obtaining a clearance and am getting rather impatient.  During my background investigation (which officially ended almost 2 months ago) I was honest about using marijuana twice.  A week ago I received a letter asking me to promise to not use, purchase, grow (etc.) any illegal drugs.  I signed it, had a witness sign it, and returned it.

It would seem to me that I would not have been sent that letter had some decision not been already made about my clearance (ie I was accepted, but they wanted that pledge "on the books").  Has anyone else heard of something like this and in what time-frame after this letter was received did you hear about your clearance (and was the answer yes)?

Thanks so much!
Tired of Living with my Parents... ;)

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
Re: Timeframe Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008, 04:15 »
My letter wasn't about "weed" but I had to sign one also and it took about another 90-120 days to actually get the clearance I had applied for..... But I did get the clearance. :) If you want further details PM me with questions.

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2008, 08:59 »
The letter means that your file has kicked out of the Office of Personnel management (OPM) as complete, and is with the adjudicators at the agency you applied with.  The fact that you had to sign the paperwork means that you are very likely to get your clearance fairly soon.  There is a huge backlog at the NRC, and I am sure the DOE is backlogged as well.  Rest easy, it is almost over, your clearance should come in soon.

steeeeevo

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2008, 04:51 »
Haha.  I appreciate the information, both of you.  It's scary thinking about another 3-4 months.  And Brigrat, I don't think anything in this process could be guaranteed "soon". ;).  But seriously, thanks a lot for the info; I appreciate it very much.

alphadude

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2008, 07:21 »
if this is an L or Q you can go to a local DOE center and "test out" in three days.

steeeeevo

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:13 »
This is for a Q.  But I have no idea what you are talking about.  Can you clarify what you mean by that?

steeeeevo

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2008, 03:21 »
Hahaha.  I got it.  Thanks so much for the help!

therealville

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:42 »
Stevoooo-Did you get your clearance? I had to sign the same thing about a month ago for smoking weed 4 years ago. But I heard my paperwork goes from Oak Ridge Tn to Albuquerque, NM to Washington DC before it finally comes back. Anyone know why it goes all those places.

alphadude

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2008, 10:00 »
its a need to know thang 8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?