Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker Menu Professional Engineer

Author Topic: Professional Engineer  (Read 4812 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nukenerd89

  • Very Lite User
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 2
Professional Engineer
« on: Nov 24, 2008, 07:22 »
Does anyone know if it's possible to become a licensed Professional Engineer in Texas with a BSMET from an ABET accredited school?  Thanks.


  • Guest
Re: Professional Engineer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2008, 10:12 »
I copied the Texas Professional Engineers Licensing Board of Information below from their website:

You may be able to become licensed provided you meet the experieince requirements which can be found at their website also.  A licensed Engineer has to provide signed documnentation of your experience in responsible charge of different levels of work for a specified period of time following your graduation.  Go the website and go through the application requirements and the review the reapplication itself and determine if there is anything else you need to do.  Contact them when you are ready to apply prior to sending in any information because sometimes requirements change and you may need to get more data or information. 

I wish you good luck in your future.

"Basic Requirements for Licensure
There are three basic categories of requirements that must be met for licensure: Education, Examinations and Experience.

You must have earned one of the following degrees or degree combinations:

1) An accredited degree, as described in subparagraphs A & B of this paragraph:
A) Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an EAC/ABET accredited program in the United States or Board designated equivalents from Canada or Mexico, the Washington Accord, or the list of substantially equivalent as documented by ABET.
B) A Board-approved combination of a Bachelor's degree in one of the mathematical, physical, or engineering sciences and a graduate degree in engineering from a university with an EAC/ABET accredited undergraduate program in the same discipline of engineering.

2) A non-accredited degree as described in subparagraphs A & B of this paragraph:
A) Bachelor's degree in engineering technology from a TAC/ABET accredited program.
B) A Bachelor's or graduate degree in mathematical, physical, or engineering science approved by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.

All degrees or combination of degrees must have at least:

• 8 hours of math beyond trigonometry (courses such as calculus and differential equations), and
• 20 hours of engineering sciences (courses such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electrical & electronic circuits, materials science, transport phenomena, computer engineering, etc.)

All foreign degrees from countries other than those listed in 1A above must have a Foreign Credential Evaluation and must be translated into English."

All applicants for licensure must take and pass the Texas Ethics of Engineering examination. The Texas Ethics of Engineering Exam is an open book examination concerning the Texas Engineering Practice Act and the Board Rules, which should be completed and submitted with a license application. Applicants must also take and pass or qualify for waivers of two examinations - the National Council of Examiners for Engineering & Surveying (NCEES) Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination and the NCEES Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) examination. The FE and PE examinations are both 8-hour tests and are given twice a year at several locations in Texas (certain PE tests are given only once per year). The testing dates are scheduled for April and October. Texas residents and non-residents who are otherwise eligible for licensure may register to take the FE examination without submitting an application to the board. Applicants with appropriate experience must apply and get approval to take the PE exam."


NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of ™, LLC © 1996-2023 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?