Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Thanks Browns Ferry! honeypot

Author Topic: Thanks Browns Ferry!  (Read 8517 times)

Fermi2

Thanks Browns Ferry!
« on: Dec 07, 2008, 03:10 »
Thanks for the great way you treated me when I was there on the Risk Self Assessment. You're all great people! I enjoyed myself immensely!

By the way, Lottery Beer is addictive!

Mike

RADBASTARD

Re: Thanks Browns Ferry!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2008, 09:30 »
Me and the wife had a great time my self there this outage and will go back in a heart beat :-[
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2008, 09:33 by RadBastard »

Industry_event

« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2008, 07:50 »
It was good having you guys here. I haven't seen you and your lovely wife in quite a few
years. Thanks for coming. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Rome

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2008, 05:39 »
As the editor-in-chief of the BFN RP Outage Newsletter, I can also say I had a nice time back at Le Ferry for the U1C7 outage.  Sorry I had to leave before the outage ended, but it was nice to see all my old TVA friends.  Retirement is good, Bartlett money helps.  I hope to be back next year.  Sure is nice to finally have something resembling a cafeteria.

Dave

RADBASTARD

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2008, 09:06 »
Hey Rome it was nice to see you guys again.We had a great time at your outage.
We hope to see you in the future.

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:29 »
Question..........What have you done today to visibly demonstrate your commitment to safe and error free operations? ahumm?....so what?

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2009, 12:47 »
Question..........What have you done today to visibly demonstrate your commitment to safe and error free operations? ahumm?....so what?

I still can't believe I failed to mention it in the final edition of the U1C7 newsletter.  When you pointed out my error I immediately ran to the nearest sandbox and commenced doing bends and thrusts and yelling "aye aye sir!". 

But it appears I may be headed back to Le Ferry sooner than expected, with ALARA to help with the packages for the spring outage.  This will give me ample opportunity to visibly demonstrate my commitment to safe and error free operations on a daily basis - except for Friday's because I am told I will work 4-10's. 
Dave

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Browns Ferry!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:12 »
I interviewed for house   ... has anyone got any answers  ??????????????

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:52 »

Not at BFN, but just answering the question...

Approaching the U1 and U2 cooling towers I called the room for the latest weather conditions.

30 MPH gusts and about -5 F with the chill.

From a safe distance I did a few 360s and marveled at the giant ice blocks hanging from them.

From a safe distance I mentally calculated the potential trajectory and the force of impact of one of those giant "clock reset osha recordables" hitting me or near me.

From a safe distance I pondered the impact of aforementioned falling snow-cones on the site 2009 AIP, getting a negative score card, taking crap from my peers for affecting their AIP, resetting the crew clock, department clock, site clock, having to go through a QHPI, hear about this every shift meeting, being part of OPEX...and of course injury and death, but that was not my first thought. I hear a QHPI is worse than death.

Then I thought to myself, F-it, someone else can get a third set of weir levels.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2009, 07:55 by Jason K »

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2009, 05:16 »
Has the never ending, "surprise" U1 outage got you down?  It hosed me out of a lucrative ALARA contract that was supposed to start last week and run 15 weeks.
Dave

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?