Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Don Paine

Author Topic: Don Paine  (Read 9885 times)

dee davis

Don Paine
« on: Dec 20, 2008, 08:32 »
I had a call from Dawn Loebker last night and she inform me that Don Paine passed away. He had a massive heart attack. Will post latter when the details are out and arrangements are made. Keep Kathy in your payers.

Dee Davis

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Don Paine
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2008, 10:11 »
Sorry to hear this. Don played one season on our softball team in the Fernald employee league, I believe he was the only manager who participated in the league.

RNN

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2008, 03:58 »
Ah damn I'm sorry to hear this, Don was the RPM on the Silos project at Fernald and I'm glad I had the pleasure to work with and get to know him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and stepdaughter

RNN

Offline dhk

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008, 08:26 »
I had the opportunity to work for Don Paine at Fernald and am saddened by the news of his passing.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

Diana Harrison-Koller

Offline USMCRADCON

• Light User
  • Will train for spare change
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2008, 02:00 »
Worked with Don at the Silos Project in 06 as well.  Very smart / sharp man.  He will be missed.
"Welcome to the show, you are now officially one of Jerry's Kids"

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
  • I can't believe they pay me to do this.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2008, 10:18 »
don was good man, always stood up for me at fernald when others were against me. he even saved me from an early lay-off. i wish i could have gotten together with him after he left site, he will be missed
If at first you don't succeed, make someone else do it for you ;)

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2008, 01:17 »
I spent many nights at the golf course, softball diamond, Buffalo Wild Wings and other events with Don and Karen.
Don was the guy who never had cigarettes at the golf outings.....:)
He was a great man, very intelligent, very caring and a straight shooter.
The world would be a better place with a few more Don Paine's walking around.
I am praying for you, Karen.
God Bless you and all of the people who Don graced in his life.....

dee davis

« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2009, 02:25 »
I just got word that Don Paine's memorial service is Jan 10 at the Jungle Jim's conference room. It's starts at 2pm and ends at 6pm.

liberalLes

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2009, 04:53 »
I went to Don's Celebration of life Service on the 10th. There were over 200 people there to make a toast to Don. Although the reason for the get together was terrible, it was great to see so many faces from the good old days at fernald. He will be missed!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:03 »
I went to Don's Celebration of life Service on the 10th. There were over 200 people there to make a toast to Don. Although the reason for the get together was terrible, it was great to see so many faces from the good old days at fernald. He will be missed!!

I just got the following by e-mail for all of the Fernald expatriots here in Oak Ridge.

As many of you know, Don Paine recently passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack just before Christmas.  Don had requested there be no memorial service, but rather a Celebration of Life party.  He wanted his friends to remember him over a cold beer and some smiles and laughs about the good old days.  Karen Allen-Paine held a Celebration of Life party this past weekend in Cincinnati.  Many from OR were unable to make the festivities, but would still like to do something to remember him.  Dennis Carr is organizing a DOE-Wide toast to Don Paine at 8:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, January 15th.  People from ANL, OR, CBC, SRS, Hanford and many more are participating. The Fernald South bunch (Oak Ridgers) will be meeting at Wild Wings Cafe in Farragut  -- come after work if you want, just make sure to be there for the special toast.  Below is the information for Wild Wings.  Jill Christian was nice enough to call ahead and tell them to expect us.  They will try to pull some table together is possible.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?