Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NukeWorker logo contest honeypot

Poll

Which is your favorite Logo from the contest entries?

Author Topic: NukeWorker logo contest  (Read 61991 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: NukeWorker logo contest
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:23 »
But not nearly as blue and traditional as the entry to the left ;)

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:01 »
Number 34 looks best then 32.  31 Just doesn't look right.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:29 »
Number 34 looks best then 32.  31 Just doesn't look right.

31 and 32 look like naughty naughty Manga...

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:49 »
#34 is the best one yet, with the logo under the feet!  Still something needs to be done with his right hand IMHO.

#31 and #32 just look wrong.  32 looks like a karate kid and 31 looks like a child 'thrusting' himself.  Just wrong IMHO.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:00 »
I now  know whats wrong with 31.  It either looks like my 8 year old Daughter Playing dress up looking in the mirror or a metrosexual since this is suppose to be a somewhat masculine figure.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2009, 06:14 »
Another reason for sticking with a presentable, business-compatible minor change from what we have today would be the Über-professional Nukeworker image.

Going back through the distant mists of time (2002) when ye olde Nukeworker lifers were naming said mascot...

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,840.msg1338.html#msg1338
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009, 06:30 by HydroDave63 »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2009, 08:31 »
butt wood da michelin mann git changed?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:23 »
You can rest easy, if we don't fiond something we are in love with, we won't change.  Another option, is tthat we only use the new logo for one year, to celebrate our 10 years in business.  Or just have some stickers and shirts made... who knows.

My original vision was just a refresh on our current logo.  Like what UPS did.

I got cought up in looking at the cool little nukeworkers guys they were making.  I'll steer the designers back on track.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:38 »
This is my latest message to the designers:
NukeWorker Logo Rebranding

People recognize our logo. It is the first visual interface to our company. When it comes to changes to that logo, it is essentially a change to how our customers initially interface visually with our.
We want to update the brand without starting from scratch.
A few years ago, UPS decided to update their logo. Instead of the older, flat, 2-color logo, they went with a more contemporary logo with a 3D gradient. The old logo is shown on the left; the new, on the right. (Link below)

http://nathantmoore.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/ups.jpg

We want to maintain the basic foundational layout of our current logo while using design details to modernize it. The recognizability cannot be lost in the new logo. We want to give it more energy - with a “Web 2.0” feel. We want this rebranding to stay consistent with our old logo.

Consistency is the most important thing to consider in this re-branding. Our company look and logo can be updated without sacrificing the integrity of our well-established brand.  We want to ease your customers into our new brand, not shock them into it.  Please recognize the establishment of our brand.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:52 »
butt wood da michelin mann git changed?
UPS dis, AT&T did...

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:53 »
35 Best so Far. The old Nukeworker Image kind of bland.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:55 »
#35 is my favorite by far!   I would be more apt to 'shop' at this site if this logo was on merchandise.  I think it is absolutely GREAT.  

I'm not loving any of the 10th anniversary versions.  If I HAD to choose one of them, it would be #33, I guess.  

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:59 »
Will we all get free bumper stickers with the new logo on it?  Or a mug? Or t-shirt??  I know, I know.. wishful thinking... LOL

:P   ;)   ;D

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:55 »
I always thought it odd that the logo guy was manhandling a miniature 55 gallon drum of RAM; it almost looks like a Capri Sun without a straw (can you tell I have 6 kids?) His GI Joe Kung-Fu grip is squeezing it almost to the same point that Popeye gets his spinach can before it busts open and sends a stream of spinach to his awaiting gullet.

If the logo was for the navy, it's a no brainer that he should be holding a foxtail instead of the can...maybe with a guy in the background hanging upside down from a pipe with HP tape. ;)

For this site, perhaps he holds a radiac in position to monitor a sitting barrel, instead.
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:06 »
Been 'off' for a couple of weeks and just got back... (yes, I am aware some of you think 'off' is my normal state)

I have to agree with HoneyComb. Almost all of the submissions are way too cartoonish, many (particularly those by beesoul) are on the childish side. I never was a fan of anime. If the choices don't radically improve, I vote for 'None of the Above." Change is not good unless it is good change. Why am I experiencing a very strong deja-vu right now?
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2009, 10:29 »
If the logo was for the navy
For this site, perhaps he holds a radiac in position to monitor a sitting barrel, instead.
This site is comprised of a VERY wide cross section of everything nuclear.  NRC, CEO's, Recruiters, Operators, HP's, Millrights, Electricians, Maint, Deconers, Laborers, Engineers, Technicians, Supervisors, Foreman, Managers.... you get the idea.

Not all nukeworkers were in the navy, and not all of them hold a 'radiac'.  I too had a problem with what I thought a nukeworker was when I first started this site.  But I learned.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2009, 10:34 »
I have to agree with HoneyComb. Almost all of the submissions are way too cartoonish, many (particularly those by beesoul) are on the childish side. I never was a fan of anime. If the choices don't radically improve, I vote for 'None of the Above." Change is not good unless it is good change. Why am I experiencing a very strong deja-vu right now?

And 'None of the Above' IS an option.  At least for our site and logo.  I still have to pick a winner, and give the money away.  And I'd like to get something for my money.  The designers only make what we tell them to make.  Perhaps I have been steering them in the wrong direction.

The other problem:  It's hard to improve upon perfection.

IF we see a new design that just talks to us, and tells us that it is the new face of NukeWorker, we'll use it.  If nothing talks to us, we are not going to 'change for the sake of change'.

I'd like to think that the Suites are smarter than that.  (You know, that CEO guy).

--------------

It's still very important that we comment on each designers latest creation, so that we can steer them in the right direction.  They can't read our mind.  We have to tell them what is good, and what we don't like.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2009, 10:59 »
#46 is ok, but I still prefer #35.... there's just something about the 'attitude' in #35 that I like.

The girl ones are kinda cute... but not right for this site, since this is a male dominated business.  Have NO idea why she's on ice skates though.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:03 »
I love the nukeworker guy, but my mind has been wandering towards something more like a firefighter emblem or a ships insignia. A combination of tools of the trade combined to make a logo representing all nukeworkers.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:50 »
A combination of tools of the trade combined to make a logo representing all nukeworkers.

The problem with that is that the tools of the trade are too diverse.  But everyone has to dress up once in a while.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #45 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:10 »
Ok, I am hearing everyone and seeing the designs,  I noticed that Disney has over 200 Logo's Registered.  I seen The Rennhack UPS and read the Camella Design.   I then came up with one while looking at the Chemical Corps Emblem I am using for the last few weeks as my Avatar. 

Here it is look at my Avatar,   Have Elementis Regamus Proleium Replaced by Nuclearis Potestatis Praestitius, Which is Nuclear power is Superior. Have NukeWorker.com at the very bottom of the bluefield half.  Remove the stump from the bluefield and add a neutron splitting a Atom representing fission.  In the Yellow Field have A earth in the yellow field representing the earth bathed in the life giving yellow glow of the Fusion reaction of the Sun. The Earth can also represent Clean energy especially when compared to coal and Fossil fuels.  Ask my buddies in Kingston TN about the billion gallons of flyash sludge, Also of course the Tons of Coal mined, compared to Uranium,  Less radioactive released in air etc.  I am not a Artist so maybe someone reading this can whip this up.

Too each his own, I am preordering a Dave Money  Shirt,  A polo Shirt with My emblem on it and a Nukeworker bobble head preferably in the 34 style.   Thanks,

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:57 »
Ok, I am hearing everyone and seeing the designs,  I noticed that Disney has over 200 Logo's Registered.  I seen The Rennhack UPS and read the Camella Design.   I then came up with one while looking at the Chemical Corps Emblem I am using for the last few weeks as my Avatar. 

Here it is look at my Avatar,   Have Elementis Regamus Proleium Replaced by Nuclearis Potestatis Praestitius, Which is Nuclear power is Superior. Have NukeWorker.com at the very bottom of the bluefield half.  Remove the stump from the bluefield and add a neutron splitting a Atom representing fission.  In the Yellow Field have A earth in the yellow field representing the earth bathed in the life giving yellow glow of the Fusion reaction of the Sun. The Earth can also represent Clean energy especially when compared to coal and Fossil fuels.  Ask my buddies in Kingston TN about the billion gallons of flyash sludge, Also of course the Tons of Coal mined, compared to Uranium,  Less radioactive released in air etc.  I am not a Artist so maybe someone reading this can whip this up.

Too each his own, I am preordering a Dave Money  Shirt,  A polo Shirt with My emblem on it and a Nukeworker bobble head preferably in the 34 style.   Thanks,

I actually like your idea. This is more of what I was thinking of; an emblem that would reflect a more professional look. I can imagine it on letterhead, desk sets, shirts, gym bags, etc. I would also love to have a car decal.

milo124

« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2009, 04:53 »
I think number 46 is a good "refresh" of the current logo, and I like the face on #46 (and several others) because it's unbiased as far as gendor. As far as what I don't like (and maybe it's just me) - I've never really understood the "nuke can" in the hand.  I'm not sure how you could change that, but I do know the Nukeworker logo is very recognizable out in the field so I wouldn't change it that much.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:15 »
I think just Have Milo apply and declare him the winner!!!!  His is probably what most here would like and be agreeable with.  The Metrosexual Beesoul ones are really Awful in my humble opinion.

OH OH, Just looked and 64 looks good,  Maybe a lighter blue and The word year on the can be changed.   Give him a more V Cut to make him look Tougher.  Make him Taller.   Toughest looking one yet. Not a Metrosexual, LOL
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2009, 08:42 by thenukeman »

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:41 »
This site is comprised of a VERY wide cross section of everything nuclear.  NRC, CEO's, Recruiters, Operators, HP's, Millrights, Electricians, Maint, Deconers, Laborers, Engineers, Technicians, Supervisors, Foreman, Managers.... you get the idea.

Not all nukeworkers were in the navy, and not all of them hold a 'radiac'.  I too had a problem with what I thought a nukeworker was when I first started this site.  But I learned.

For the record, my reference about the navy was to be taken as a joke; I'm well aware of the diverse community on this site. This site is responsible for broadening my understanding of the extremely diverse paths that are taken to end up here.

That said, the current logo seems to represent a very narrow population on this site--just as "narrow" as having a figure hold a radiac.  Believe it or not, I was hoping that I would spur others with artistic talent to think outside of the box and consider trying to morph the current logo to something fresher and more current, but yet familiar. I just didn't want to necessarily see a slew of 21st century remakes of the old logo.

The ribbing about my lacking the capacity to have an idea was really closer to the truth than you think.  I rose to my rank in the short time I did because I didn't let my guys think I thought I had the best answer or way to do something--I truly valued and relied on the collective wisdom of my charges, which is why my highest ribbon/medal was a good conduct medal after 18+ years. 

I know, this behavior could warrant a piss test. I didn't come by it honestly; I was "ruined" and set on a course to never be a typical goat locker lifer by a CO that wanted to put a bullet in his FitRep that he was implementing TQL.  His answer was to send me to every TQL train-the-trainer class the navy had to offer. I don't truly know why I was the chosen lucky one, however, I did hear rumors that I was selected because I had a psychology degree and TQL was about making a touchy-feely, kinder, gentler navy.

Afterwards, when solving a problem or trying to set up infrastructure I would throw out an idea of how I saw the situation at the end of the day.  I made sure that it was flawed and generally impacted them in such a ridiculous way that they felt compelled to come up with something that they could live with before I could implement anything. How else do you propose I handle a division of malcontents who greeted me with "welcome to hell and FTN" on the first day I walked into the division office?

The process followed a certain formula:

1) Announce a proposed change, which was generally met with moans, groans, and suppositions--usually concentrated on the current status of my head. For example, I either bumped my head or put it someplace that quite frankly is impossible to do, or I lost my maternal copulating mind.

2) Wait for my geeks to put away their Magic the Gathering Cards or turn off the Ren and Stimpy reruns.

3) Facilitate them screaming at each other about how the other's idea sucked harder than Senior Chief's "because" (which led to increased problem solving and brainstorming)

4) Walk away with the final few ideas that were prioritized and had implementation plans that they would manage and could live with because they had ownership.

5) The players that made things happen that had any positive vibes from the command would get full credit.  If it didn't work out or the upper chain had issues with whatever was implemented, I would take the credit (some would say blame). 

Also, I always got my own coffee.  I remembered what I used to do to the cups when I was on the fetching end of the food chain... :o
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?