Career Path > Money Matters

does anyone think i would be eligible for unemployment?

(1/2) > >>

kristina_1005:
Im not familiar with the unemployment system and recently ive come to the fact that im gonna have to learn something about it. Im 3 months pregnant and i had a job were we had to earn time off. I had been getting so sick at times that i wasnt able to go in to work, but for each time i had a doctors note to prove were i was and what was wrong. unfortunatley they decided that that wasnt good enough and they let me go(fired). i was wandering if anyone would know that in the state of PA if i would be eligible for unemployment?

UncaBuffalo:
Definitely worth a try...they will probably deny the claim at first, but I'd say you can make a good enough case that they might (or might not) give it to you on appeal.

SloGlo:
i wood definitely get in touch with pa unemployement.  your claim will be based on the length of time worked and money paid in high quarter.  it will not be based on why you were let go, as the reason you listed here is not a reason for termination and denial of benefits.

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: SloGlo on Jan 01, 2009, 12:48 ---i wood definitely get in touch with pa unemployement.  your claim will be based on the length of time worked and money paid in high quarter.  it will not be based on why you were let go, as the reason you listed here is not a reason for termination and denial of benefits.

--- End quote ---

Definitely, but have your expectations set for your former employer to give a different reason for your dismissal...and they will give a version of the events that justify their firing you.   And you are not eligible for a claim if the employment office buys their version...

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: UncaBuffalo on Jan 01, 2009, 02:24 ---Definitely, but have your expectations set for your former employer to give a different reason for your dismissal...and they will give a version of the events that justify their firing you.   And you are not eligible for a claim if the employment office buys their version...

--- End quote ---
their are only three reasons for dissmissal from employment that disqualify from benefits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version