Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Baby Nuke Feeling Jaded...

Author Topic: Baby Nuke Feeling Jaded...  (Read 53016 times)

navynukeprincess

Baby Nuke Feeling Jaded...
« on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:58 »
Hey All,

Just joined this site yesterday and this is my first post, although I've been reading through the forums for a while.  And apologies for the silly screen name, I picked that back when I first DEPped in and now it's too hard to remember anything else.  :)

A little background on me: I'm an MM currently in Power School (0806) and set to graduate in Febuary.  I would say that I like school, or at least don't mind it most of the time.  I get good grades (3.84 out of A-School, 3.73 avg right now), was a SL in A-School and now in Power School as well.  Nobody's perfect, but for the most part I think I'm well liked by my peers and the staff, because I work hard both for myself and my shipmates; I don't try to throw my weight around just because I'm a SL, or walk around acting smug because I'm "smart" (grades don't mean anything, anyways).

Yet I have to say, in spite all my success here so far... I really really don't like the Navy right now.  I'm tired of school, I only have like 6 weeks left but coming back after a 2 week Christmas standdown really sucks; I almost think it would've been better if they hadn't given us leave because now I'm sooooo unmotivated to go back next week.  I'm hate that I come home at night and I'm still thinking about school, or an exam coming up, or feeling like I should've studied just a little bit longer.  I'm tired of all the SBs that can't seem learn how to shave their face, are always late, whine about being on 35-5s yet spend all night BS'ing with people, etc.  And the females... don't even get me started.  I wish I could knock some sense into them about not eating where you s*&t; and some of the married ones are just as bad as the singles.  Disgusting.  NOTE: a big part of my problem is the fact that I'm several years older than the average student, and there is literally a generation gap between me and and most of the people here.  I was living on my own when most of these kids were still wetting the bed and sucking their thumbs.  Between boot camp and this place, right now I feel like in joining the Navy, I simply signed up to experience high school all over again.  Only this is worse; it's 6 years long, not 4.

Honestly, I really miss being a civilian right now; sometimes I miss it so much I can't stand it.  I feel guilty for even complaining about the Navy because in spite of all the BS, it has given me a sense of direction that I didn't have before.  I finally feel like I'm doing something worthwhile with my life, instead of working dead-end jobs and living paycheck-to-paycheck.  The hubby has an awesome job here in Charleston making twice what he did back at home.  And he's very supportive of me, and always gives me a good kick in the pants when I start whining about how hard life is.  I just wish sometimes I could go back to the 'easy' life, where you can quit your job if you don't like it, and work 9 to 5 and have weekends off and plan road trips to wherever whenever, etc. etc.  I know I just need to suck it up and get over myself already, but easier said than done.

And is this NUB feeling EVER going to go away?  It seems to keep repeating itself every few months and I don't really see an end in sight. NUB when I get here, NUB starting Power School, NUB at Prototype, NUB on my first ship, repeat, repeat.

I hate all the "what if's" and unknowns and "you'll understand when...".  So far, the Navy has given me and my husband a better life and more opportunities than we ever had before, but it's so hard sometimes.  And he's amazingly supportive, but there are some things that he will never understand about what I go through on a daily basis, even when I'm at liberty to explain them to him.

I'm not posting in the hopes of getting any sympathy or pity; I'm not looking for either.  I'm not asking if it gets any easier, because I know it doesn't.  I just want to know if it gets easier to deal with.  Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?  Does it feel more like having a job than going to school, once you get to Prototype?  And also, if I like Prototype should I try for SPU?  Or will I regret it down the road once I get to 6 years, and wish that I didn't have 2 more left?  Part of me wants to stay here since I like the area and hubby has a good job; the other part of me wants to get out to the fleet and just get it over with already.  :D
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009, 11:50 by navynukeprincess »

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: Baby Nuke Feeling Jaded...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:09 »
Damn I need some popcorn.

First bit of advice: Modify your post so your peers can't figure out who you are or this will be posted all over NPS.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:38 »
I can understand the aggravation that comes from the age gap, but as for all the high school like BS get used to it. If anything it will get worse when you get to a CVN. Learn to deal with Juvenal and useless people now, when you get to the ship you will be spending looong stretches of time with them. Plus realise that there will be a good chance that at 27 you will be older than some of your "bosses" most likely your WCS and possibly your LPO and or DIVO
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009, 11:46 by 93-383 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:42 »
Afrer reading this,I had a big ol' reply typed out....and then I reached my Zen moment.  I finally realized what the Nuke program needs.... one of those big brass bells like the SEALs have in Coronado, like in "GI Jane", that's the ticket!

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:13 »
older than come of your "bosses"

That's funny too.

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:47 »
That's funny too.

woops damn I hope that wasn't subconscious

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:49 »
I can certainly understand where you are coming from. yes it does get better in 6 years when you start your 1st job in the commercial nuke power world.

Hang in there and try not to get caught up in the musings of your immature classmates. Yes sometimes it can be difficult being older than some of your bosses, but how you handle that will speak volumes about your character. It might take a while, but eventually you won't even think about the age. When I got out, a few of my chiefs were younger than me, but it was never an issue and it never crossed my mind or theirs. That is what being a professional is all about. In school though, it will be harder to see and deal with. When you get  to your ship, I suspect you will have a better time at it. Good luck.

Justin

PS Someone said the immaturity will continue on the ship. That is certainly true also. I remember most of the people I worked with in the navy acted as if  they never left high school (late 20 somethings too). Their idea of a good time was to get drunk, all the time everywhere we went. Italy... go see Rome or something? Nope find an English pub.  ::)
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009, 11:53 by JustinHEMI »

navynukeprincess

« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:35 »
Damn I need some popcorn.

First bit of advice: Modify your post so your peers can't figure out who you are or this will be posted all over NPS.
Duly noted, and I did modify it a bit.  If someone finds me out... oh, well.  I didn't say anything here that I wouldn't say to somone's face if confronted with it.  However, I don't think I said anything offensive or politically incorrect in my original post.  There always going to be SBs and questionable females anywhere you go in life or the workplace, and here is no different.  Maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age, and have forgotten what it was like to be 18.  :)

And if there were a bell like in 'GI Jane'... NNPTC would be a ghost town.  :)

I believe that age and gender have nothing to do with a person's professional capability, work ethic, or maturity level.  Unfortunately a lot goes on here to fuel the sterotype fires, rather than put them out.  The age range is limited here, there are many people with little/no life experience, and we are all crammed into a very small space together for very long periods of time.  It's a veritable recipe for disaster.  And in my case, jaded-ness.

Thanks for all the advice and opinions (and inadvertent off-color humor  ;D) so far....

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:36 »
It'll get better. Pretty soon you'll be at the point in the program where you're actually applying what you have learned and it'll get real fun. I was almost 24 when I went in so I know the older feeling. You seem very bright, your scores indicate you are intelligent and your post tells me you're dedicated. I know the frustration of not being able to turn off your mind when you get home from school.
If you need any specific advice PM me ok?

Mike

navynukeprincess

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2009, 09:55 »
Marssim: Thanks for your frankness, but I think you misunderstood me.  Perhaps I didn't say what I meant very well.  Don't think that I'm trying to blame my own issues and hang-ups on everyone else here, that was not my intention.  The only point I was trying to make was that even though I've always tried to be open-minded about people and not judge them too quickly... it's very hard for me to be open-minded here sometimes because there's so much negativity floating around.  I don't blame my frustrations on other people because of their age or lack of experience.  I blame my frustrations on the fact that I can't tell if I'm taking this place too seriously, or if others aren't taking it seriously enough?  I know what a great opportunity being a Nuke is... I'm just annoyed by the general lack of respect many people seem to have for their job and themselves.

I'm definitely not trying to project my problems on anyone else.  I need an attitude adjustment just as badly as the next guy, which is why I asked for advice here in the first place.  It's all in how you look at it, and right now I can't look at it from any angle without feeling just a little bit bitter.  I feel as though I'm spinning my wheels and I'm never going to be able to get some traction.

So no, I'm not blaming my problems on others; but yes, I am a bit of a shipwreck.  And Happy New Year to you too.  :)

Wirebiter

« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:51 »
Keep in mind that the pipeline is a petri-dish for nukes.  In the fleet you will meet some of the coolest and interesting people to ever put on a uniform.  You will also be shoulder to shoulder with some mouth-breathers.  Learn from each and realize that there is no such thing as a bad experience.  You will be able to separate yourself somewhat once you hit the carrier.  Make the most of the opportunities when they are presented and realize that nothing so terrible in Navy Nuclear Power has ever happened to ever stop the sun from coming up on a new day.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2009, 12:22 »
I blame the instant pudding society that refuses to delay gratification for the young folks that aren't prepared for real life. School systems are just as bad for not upholding standards that prepares adolescents to be adults--that somehow magically is supposed to happen the day after you are 17 years and 364 days old...
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2009, 01:15 »
As I look back on my last 24 years in the Navy (BTW today is my last day on active duty) I reflect on the fact of how the Nuclear Navy has grown me. It has given me more opportunity than I ever would have had in podunk Mississippi. I have been taught a exceptionally marketable skill, I have been given a free education, I have polished my leadership skills and have met some incredible people. All these perceived "issues" that you think you are having are quite normal for most people that have traversed this program. It's suppose to be hard because if it was easy everyone would do it. Buckle down, get your mind right and get it done that's all there is to it. When you pass that final qualification board at prototype no one and I mean no one will be more proud of your accomplishments than you. If you need any info on carrier life PM me and I will try to answer whatever questions you might have. One last bit of advice, if you ever consider reenlisting do not do it until you have some sea time under your belt (at least a full 18 month cycle). Sure the money is great but there is a reason they are paying those huge bonuses. Be safe
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2009, 01:51 »
As I look back on my last 24 years in the Navy (BTW today is my last day on active duty) I reflect on the fact of how the Nuclear Navy has grown me.

I don't know you, but allow me to say "Thank You" for your 24 years of service.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to you, Master Chief.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Khak-Hater

« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2009, 02:20 »
Where to start? 

Well first of all, a married 20-something, with no kids, has no significant "life experience."  Wow, you've gotten regular sex for a few years, held down a few jobs, and had your own place.  Big deal, this is like a high school senior making fun of how immature high school freshmen are.  You are NOT jaded [except maybe in you own mind].  At my age, I can barely tell the difference between a 18-year old and a 30-year old, and if you pointed out the difference to me, I wouldn't care.  That's jaded.  That's life experience.  When you don't care how old someone is or how they act.  So stop feeling special.  You are not a beautiful or unique snow flake. 

Second, you have no idea how tired you will be over the next six [or eight?] years.  NFAS and NNPS were cakewalks compared to prototype and the fleet.  You will put in so many mind-numbing hours that you will forget what the word "tired" means.  So, do yourself a favor and go ahead and forget it now.  Repeat to yourself over and over again "I'm not tired.  What's tired even mean?  I could eat this stuff for breakfast."  You'll be better off in the long run. 

Third, "I really really don't like the Navy right now."  What does that even mean?  Do you hate it???  Do you hate it with a seething hatred that consumes your whole being?  Because you will and you will often.  I'll give you credit.  You hit the nail on the head.  The main problem is that it's a job you can't quit.  They own you like you're doing time at a federal prison.  You get a few more conjugal visits and you'll have much better job opportunities when you finish serving your sentence, but, make no mistake, you're doing time.  Get used to the idea.  I've had civilians ask me "Is the Nuke Navy like Crimson Tide or Hunt for Red October?"  I quickly tell them "No, it's much closer to the Shawshank Redemption" [which I incidently believe should be required viewing for anyone going into the program].

OK, enough tough love.  Yes it sucks.  Yes, it's going to suck even more as time goes by, but, if you're not careful, you might learn some things and have some fun along the way.

Lastly, I can address the question you asked about whether the "nub" feeling ever goes away.  It's a good question, and to answer it, I'm going to need to tell a story.  So, curl up and grab your cocoa.  It's story time.

When I first got to the "E," we had a collection of "old dogs" in RL-Div who wielded the term nub like Samurai warriors.  By "old dogs," I mean dudes who had been aboard for at least three years and had about a year to go.  There were about twelve of them.  I doubt any of them were over 25, but they believed that knew every inch of the plant and every word, by chapter and verse, in the 0152 [Water Chem Manual] and 0153 [RadCon Manual].  Their self-appointed duty was to make every "nub" feel as insignificant as possible [prototypical school-ground bullies and toadies, with a gang mentallity].

The main place that they flexed their muscles was at divisional training.  Our Senior Chief, "the Geek" as he was affectionately called, would assign senior [ranking] personnel to do our divisional training twice a week.  Most of this fell on the first-class transfers from other ships or MM-rated prototype staff scrape-ups, who took ELT school as their C-school prior to leaving prototype [meaning that they were MM1 ELTs with NO ELT experience.  These "old dogs" gleefully turned each training session into an hour long torture session where they abused these guys by asking them questions [on topic for their lectures], which they should've known the answers to, but didn't.  After being aboard for a couple of months, I was in complete disbelief the day that the CRA, an O-3 and our ranking divisional officer, cut his lesson short and left the room with tears in his eyes because these guys were so good at what they did.

I was even more surprised when "Zeus," a fellow nub who'd gotten to the ship just a few weeks before me, signed up to do training on the RAM system [which he'd just taken over as his primary duty, "the RAM PO"].  First, I should describe "Zeus," who was a short roundish/stocky fellow from Puerto Rico.  His only really distinguishing quality was his thick, Mexican bandito-loooking mustache, and the fact that he was the hairiest man that I had, or ever would meet [His other nickname was "Dawn of Man"].  Why would Zeus, a fellow nub, sign up for this kind of abuse?

Well the fateful day came, the division assembled in the Reactor Department Training Room, and in walked "Zeus," with his thumbs resting in his dungaree patch-pockets, and a walk that was reminiscent of Poncho Villa addressing his troops.  It's hard to look back at the event without visualizing the Sombrero, dual pistols , and ammo belts across his chest that should have been there to complete the image he was projecting.  He strode up to the training podium, and stared down the entire class.  I was mesmerized. 

He began by staring down the meanest of the "old dogs" and asking him "What does Article 703.2 of the 0153 say?"  This fellow scowled at him, tongued the dip in his lower lip and began to spit out an answer.  About half way through it, "Zeus" cut him off.  "Wrong!!!" he shouted, "You are a stupid mother-f*%$er!  It states..." and Zeus repeated it verbatim from memory.  The "old dogs" were incensed.  I anticipated a pack attack on my friend, rending him limb from limb, but "Zeus" swiftly moved on to the next "old dog" who looked the most incensed.  He repeated the process with a different article from Chapter 7 of the 0153.  He did this again and again, until the "old dogs" were all looking at their tables.  He then explained "I am here to give you a lecture on Chapter 7 of the 0153.  If any of you stupid mother-f*%$ers think that you know this material better than I do right now, you'd be wrong.  So shut up, listen, and learn something."  He then completed a comprehensive lecture on the requirements of Chapter 7 of the NAVSEA 389-0153 in complete peace.  People asked relevent questions and learned things.  I learned that nub was a state of mind. 

Accepting the label of nub is a shackle that you put on yourself during the learning process, in deference to those from whom you seek knowledge.  "Teach me. Teach me. I'm but a lowly NUB."  you cry, but you'll never have all of the knowledge, and neither do those to whom you cry out.  The specific information about the plant that you're studying in NNPS will never be useful to you again.  Most of the specific information that you gain about your plant at NPTU will be equally useless.  You'll need to learn your ship's plant inside and out so that you can do your job, but most of that information will be useless once you get out of the Navy.  What these processes are teaching you is how to have the confidence that you know how to qualify on a plant.  Once you realize that, then the NUB feeling goes away.  You no longer NEED someone to teach you the job.  You're there to get qualified, just like you know that you have done before, and will do again.  I personally realized this through a one hour lecture on RAM from a fuzzy little Puertorican that I call Zeus.

Enjoy,

MGM
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2009, 01:29 by Khak-Hater »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:44 »
and master of his domain,.... :)

as in the Seinfeld episode? ;)

navynukeprincess

« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2009, 06:40 »
I just want to thank all of you for the good advice and the tough love.  Both have been exactly the attitude adjustment that I needed.  And I'm not too proud to eat some humble pie.  ;)  I think sometimes the best advice is the bitterest pill to swallow; but if I can't learn to take the bad with the good, I'll never learn.

P.S. ~ I've noticed some of you are always the ones thanking others for their service and not getting thanked.  And since I haven't even done anything to warrant a "thank-you" yet (other than selling my soul  :) ), I'd like to say:

Thank YOU to all of you for your many years of service, I personally appreciate it now more than ever.  Much more than I ever could have before I joined myself.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:21 »
NNP,

I also just retired after 24 years of service.  I did two tours at NNPS.  The first was PFN (Pre- Female Nuke), the second I taught female students for the first time.  I generally saw 4 to 6 women in a section.  I was amazed at how much the women were hovered around and bugged during breaks and other times out of the classroom.  My guess is that you're seeing this "high school" mentality as well.  There's lots of great advice above (I especially like Khak Haters - very similar to what I went through on my first boat).  Most of us hit these walls at various times during our careers.  At the end of the day, the best nukes are the ones that learn the books and can use the book knowledge to be good operators and technicians.  It requires maturity and commitment to continue working hard with a postivie attitude when others around you do not.  I went to my 10 year high school reunion and was amazed how much better I was doing (financially and personal growth wise) than the vast majority of my former buds.  Wear your uniform in a non-Navy town and you'll find that people that don't know you will earnestly thank you for your service. 

BTW, you can change your screen name though I like yours just fine.  I was emcsmurray, then I made EMCM.  I changed to subnukederek, but then I retired.  Best of luck.  Hang in there!  We're rooting for you.

DM
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2009, 05:51 »
no,......I've used this sign off in the forums before, it refers to contentment with life versus work, for your happy new year try this one;

I'm not sure about the correlation of a Lend-Lease transfer early model F4U Corsair in Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm markings, and a M1918A2 BAR have in common...but watching Steve McQueen wield that BAR in short bursts of .30-06 full auto was pretty darn cool in The Sand Pebbles...

+K to you all !
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2009, 06:00 by HydroDave63 »

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:50 »
Does it feel more like having a job than going to school, once you get to Prototype?  And also, if I like Prototype should I try for SPU?  Or will I regret it down the road once I get to 6 years, and wish that I didn't have 2 more left?  Part of me wants to stay here since I like the area and hubby has a good job; the other part of me wants to get out to the fleet and just get it over with already.  :D

I'm a mechanic SPU in Charleston. I worked to stay on because my wife is finishing up her nursing degree at Triident and we figured it would be easier for her to A) not try to transfer credits and B) have me at a shore command to help watch the kids. There are some crappy aspects of the job, though after talking to my friends who are on board submarines, its not nearly as bad. "Frustrating" would be a more apt term.

You'll never have a leadership role in your division, because you'll be "second-rate" (no pun intended) to every sea-returnee there is. What role you will get to have is that of divisional crutch, in that you'll be more knowledgeable with regards to operations and maintenance, and will proceed to get leaned on at every opportunity. If there is a crap job to be done, you will be the one doing it. You won't be allowed to qualify EWS while you're there (even taking into account previous statement of knowledge).

(Old timers, please don't tear me up on this one. This is only based on conjecture with no idea how the fleet actually is. I'm prefacing this so hopefully, instead of getting annihilated, you can add your two cents.) You'll probably get worse evals than you would in the fleet. I have some buddies that I went through the pipeline with who are now Asst. LPOs and getting EPs. They can only give EPs to 15% of the E-5s at NPTU, so 1, maybe 2, SPUs per crew (of 5, and that is across all divisions. For perspective, I can count 12 SPUs on my crew off the top of my head, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.) will get an EP. I'm not arrogant enough to say that I would have gotten EPs in the fleet, but based on the feedback I'm getting from some former friends, I've would've had a better shot. That may be a crapshoot, and YMMV.

Also, if you think you're having issues dealing with the maturity of your classmates in your position of pseudo-authority, wait until you're the staff adviser for one of them. Or being told by CivDiv that MM3 ForgetsToBreathe is dinq and stupid and it's the fault of your division. "We can qualify anyone" is the mentality. I'm going to reel this tangent back in, but there is a giant thread on NPTU somewhere around here. Its a pretty good read. Look at it now and if you get picked up, go reread it.

Oh yea, and you're in the Navy for two more years.

But all of those things being said, I really like being a SPU. I take being lower on the totem pole as a challenge and a motivator. I've worked really hard to make sure I do well on exams, staff drills, ORSE, etc. I'm one of those people who puts more stock in personal pride than outside rewards, but being acknowledged for doing a good job always feels good, no matter who you are. I know my post makes it sound like I hate it, but I'm just trying to present all of the information. I'm pretty sure that this would be an accurate post from all of the SPUs I've interacted with. You'll probably get different feedback from former SPUs who now have some seatime but this is meant to give a perspective on how you'd feel should you get picked up.

So if you're looking for a thankless, unrewarding, dead end job for two years, SPU is the choice for you. That being said, it was still the right decision for me. I will transfer at the end of next year and my wife will have her shiny new nursing degree. Should I get picked up STA-21, she'll be able to finish her masters (that does remind me of one more benefit: You can apply directly for STA-21 NUKE 2 more times because you're an instructor in the pipeline). If I made any of it sound too negative, I'm sorry. It's not that bad, but I wouldn't make the decision to stay unless there was some outside motivator (ie: Spouse/You getting degree) driving me to stay. I'm sure things are worse in the fleet, but you're going to do time there anyway. If you have any questions, just shoot me a pm.

Cheers,

MM2/SU

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:22 »
'comb likes planes,...

'dave likes,.....guns,.... ;)

Heck, I even like airplanes with (voice of Dr. Eeevil) "Llaserr beeeams!"

http://www.ausairpower.net/YAL-1A-ABL-1S.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2009, 06:23 by HydroDave63 »

Fermi2

« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2009, 06:40 »
ELT's are known to be very debonair and display an abundance of dash and daring do.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:35 »
I was never in the Nuke Navy.  The day I was supposed to see my recruiter (at the age of 21) I was asked to go to work at a Nuke Plant, and decided that this was an easier start to my Nuke Career versus joining the Navy.  7 years later, as I saw my younger brother graduate Power school and move on to prototype, I thought about how wrong I was.  My younger brother RETIRED from the Navy as a Senior Chief, at the age of 41!!  He had a very good career, gained enough education and experience to do / go where ever he wishes, and continue his Nuclear Career.  I just wish I decided to take advantage of the experience you are having such a hard time with.  At 21, I was looking at the Money, which was good back then.  But now, with no other education other than High School after 24 years in the business, I am stuck where I started.  Finish what you started!!  Suck it up, take it one day at a time, re-up if it is in the best interest for YOU  (which it probably will be, since Obama is in office)  gain the experience, perhaps collect a Federal retirement at a very young age, and continue your career in the commercial field after that retirement.  The best double dippin' plan, and medical benefits I can think of.  Its all about the future!!  Make it real!!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #23 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:11 »
after going cross eyed at all of the responses to our talented yet somewhat naive NUB, I have but one piece of advice musings to offer.  It was once told to me by a great bull nuke back on the USS Usedtofish.

"What is that you say, you hate this job?  You really hate this job,  well why didn't you say so in the first place.  There just happens to be a support group for that.  Yea, they call themselves EVERYBODY!!  They meet nightly at a bar."

Yes you are going to find some major differences from yourself and those of your younger peers.  However, use this added personal maturity to further distinguish yourself from those peers and you shall reap the rewards of having some adult years already under your belt. 
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #24 on: Jan 05, 2009, 03:39 »
Welcome to nukeworker princess

Kath  :)
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:42 »
ELT's are known to be very debonair and display an abundance of dash and daring do.

Daring do? Oh, I thought that was Dippity-do. Dippity-do was a hair gel, usually applied before rolling hair in curlers. Sometimes it was used to smooth down bangs or fly-away hairs. Its translucent pink appearance, unique smell and gelatinous consistency conjure up memories of childhood in the 50s and 60s. Regular Dippity-do was translucent pink; Extra Holding Dippity-do was translucent green and was described as “for body...easier setting.”
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:42 »
Daring do? Oh, I thought that was Dippity-do. Dippity-do was a hair gel, usually applied before rolling hair in curlers. Sometimes it was used to smooth down bangs or fly-away hairs. Its translucent pink appearance, unique smell and gelatinous consistency conjure up memories of childhood in the 50s and 60s. Regular Dippity-do was translucent pink; Extra Holding Dippity-do was translucent green and was described as “for body...easier setting.”

Actual phrase is "derring-do" see http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/derring-do

If you know that much about "dippety-do", you must have been an ET...way too "metro" for MM/ELT... ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009, 07:49 by HouseDad »
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Pirate Bob

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Jan 06, 2009, 08:52 »
Well, I can't say much more than what everyone else has said.  I joined in my mid-twenties, and am not married.  I was CL in A-school and MA in Power School (passed over for two former Army guys that went green to blue  :'().  I just got to my ship, so if you have any questions about being a female in P-type or a really really new NUB on the ship...lemme know.  PM me or something.  And don't let those ba$t@rds get you down.  You are better than all of that.  Hope you had a good year.

PS.  D@MN!  You had the grades I wanted to have.  You'll do fine.

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:56 »
Actual phrase is "derring-do" see http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/derring-do

If you know that much about "dippety-do", you must have been an ET...way to "metro" for MM/ELT... ;)

Check out Broadzilla's post, I copied his "Daring do" and meant to correct him as you did me, but I forgot from all my excitement about talking about Dippety-do! ;) Seriously, as an aside, I went 4 months in ET "A" school (8017C) without a haircut thanks to dippety-do and Brylcreem. I had hair well over the bottom of my ears when I went off-base in civilian clothes.  My military ID was always second guessed in Kenosha when I was carded, which had to be backed up with my Florida driver's liscence.  I finally got busted by the Master at Arms in the Galley when I was eating MidRats. He spot frisked people for taking food to the barracks and asked me to remove my utility cover.  You should have seen the coffee squirt out of his nostrils when he saw me reluctantly remove it.

Bryl-creem, a little dab'll do ya,
Use more, only if you dare,
But watch out,
The gals will all pursue ya,--
They'll love to put their fingers through your hair.
Bryl-creem, you'll look so debonair.
Bryl-creem, the gals will all pursue ya,
They'll love to RUN their fingers through your hair

Oh, now there I go again.  I cannot help my ex-ET self.

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2009, 04:04 »
Check out Broadzilla's post, I copied his "Daring do" and meant to correct him as you did me, but I forgot from all my excitement about talking about Dippety-do! ;) Seriously, as an aside, I went 4 months in ET "A" school (8017C) without a haircut thanks to dippety-do and Brylcreem. I had hair well over the bottom of my ears when I went off-base in civilian clothes.  My military ID was always second guessed in Kenosha when I was carded, which had to be backed up with my Florida driver's liscence.  I finally got busted by the Master at Arms in the Galley when I was eating MidRats. He spot frisked people for taking food to the barracks and asked me to remove my utility cover.  You should have seen the coffee squirt out of his nostrils when he saw me reluctantly remove it.

Use more, only if you dare,
But watch out,
The gals will all pursue ya,--
They'll love to put their fingers through your hair.
Bryl-creem, you'll look so debonair.
Bryl-creem, the gals will all pursue ya,
They'll love to RUN their fingers through your hair

Oh, now there I go again.  I cannot help my ex-ET self.

I had to come back and edit my original post. I was so excited by Brylcreem that I forgot to point out that you wrote "to metro" instead of "too metro". I am on record and out of the closet, so to speak. I have freely admitted in other posts that I was an ET--and worse yet...a wearer of the color khaki :o
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009, 04:25 by HoneyComb »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2009, 02:19 »
Oh, now there I go again.  I cannot help my ex-ET self. I had to come back and edit my original post. I was so excited by Brylcreem that I forgot to point out that you wrote "to metro" instead of "too metro". I am on record and out of the closet, so to speak. I have freely admitted in other posts that I was an ET--and worse yet...a wearer of the color khaki

I always wondered why he remembered Bucky the Shellback Queen ;)

Keln

« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:38 »
...there is no such thing as a bad experience. 

Er...you were never on a sub were ya?  ;)

Wirebiter

« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:25 »
Er...you were never on a sub were ya?  ;)

Yeah, only 7.5 years though.  I prefer to grade my experiences in factors of "how much did I learn from doing that?"

Volunteering for sparkle team as a nub-----learning factor of 10 and hence, never repeated

having just .....one......more......shot before we have to leave for the rx start-up-----learning factor of 1, repeated too often   ;D

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:34 »
I always wondered why he remembered Bucky the Shellback Queen ;)

Forever etched in my mind ::); although, it was way better than seeing "Fingerhead" in a dress...

Keln

« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2009, 01:02 »
Yeah, only 7.5 years though.  I prefer to grade my experiences in factors of "how much did I learn from doing that?"

Well...you can learn alot in prison too...like when and how to take a shower safely. I think that could be construed as a "bad experience".

Hmm...you have to learn when and how to take a shower safely in a sub too come to think of it...

8)

Offline TJ Nuke

• Light User
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2009, 01:37 »
Is it as dangerous on a sub to drop the soap?

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Jan 10, 2009, 04:18 »
Absolutely it is, because you will probably bang your had within your 2.5 x 2.5 foot of space allocated for you to reach your parts if you are not careful.

Also, if your sub decided to take an angle or suddenly change course you might be off balanced and could fall over.

Furthermore, dropping the soap makes additional noise which is bad for any submarine.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:22 »
Is it as dangerous on a sub to drop the soap?

The showers are private closets on subs, If you want the thrill of communal baths you will have to go to prison, a San Fransico steam bath or the surface fleet.

Keln

« Reply #38 on: Jan 10, 2009, 09:14 »
yeah, when they start taking a good angle, all you can do is press your hands against the sides of the stall and hope you stay upright. This while there's soapy water all over the floor of course.

::)

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2009, 12:40 »
I remember taking a shower during angles and dangles, it was freaking awesome.  It was own personal fun house.

withroaj

« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2009, 01:00 »
I remember taking a shower during angles and dangles, it was freaking awesome.  It was own personal fun house.

As long as you shut off the water when it stops going down the drain...  I remember my foot slipping off a shower shoe and developing athlete's foot within a half hour.  Good thing we kept a few cans of tough actin' Tinactin in the Snacky locker in ERF.  Leftover NH4OH also does a decent job of sterilizing shoes.  ;D

cleonard19

« Reply #41 on: Jan 13, 2009, 04:35 »

I believe that age and gender have nothing to do with a person's professional capability, work ethic, or maturity level.  Unfortunately a lot goes on here to fuel the sterotype fires, rather than put them out.  The age range is limited here, there are many people with little/no life experience, and we are all crammed into a very small space together for very long periods of time.  It's a veritable recipe for disaster.  And in my case, jaded-ness.

The average age our our power school class is well over 21. It may be younger down the hall in MM land, but for the most part, our class is over the military average enlisted age. Just tossing that out there...

And yes, there are people here who perpetuate the stereotype, especially when it comes to fuel to add to the rate bashing fire, but there's also a lot more... socially well adapted people in our class than other classes.

I think your views may be jaded by your immediate surroundings than anything else, and should possibly try stepping out from your normal social circles, that's all.

Keln

« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:35 »
Where do you nubs get the time to post here? Shouldn't you be studying or something?  ;)

Ah, there were no internets in nnps when I was there. And everyone was a mando-commando until proven intelligent.

I was the 4-star general of the mando-commandos. They just turned the lights off and left me a candle at the end of the day since I was on 168-24's.  :'(

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:59 »
And everyone was a mando-commando until proven intelligent.

Ahhh.....the good old days!

I was right there with you.

My whole class started on Mando 30......

People like myself who had poor NFAS performance started on Mando-Structured 35.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
« Reply #44 on: Jan 13, 2009, 09:48 »
Time to play TAPs on this thread,,,lol
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

Offline AFT21

• Light User
« Reply #45 on: Jan 20, 2009, 04:40 »
Well, I'm kind of late to this thread, but I thought I'd bring it back on topic by throwing in my thoughts on to SPU or not to SPU.  I will soon be exiting the Navy after a SPU tour in NY followed by 4 years on a fast boat.  Looking back, the only reason that I would not change what I've done is the people I met while doing it.  When I got to my ship I was greeted by one of the almost SPU's from my class.  Within a few months of my arrival, he was qualifying EWS and taking on the duties of MLPO.  Meanwhile I was just working to once again fight off the title NUB.  He got to see what life at sea was like before making a reenlistment decision, and decided he wanted to be the SNOB instead.  (if you've reenlisted you're not elegible for SNOB, but that shouldn't be something you base this decision on)  He got out at six years with all of the resume experience that I will have getting out at eight, he just got a two year headstart on me.

To sum up, I would say that it's your first sea tour that is going to give you the experience that you're going to need; in the Navy or out of it.  SPU just delays that experience, and therefore prolongs that NUB feeling.

MM1/SS

Keln, I also have a learning factor of 1 - it's one more pint though

M1Ark

« Reply #46 on: Feb 09, 2009, 12:03 »
nice job of contradicting yourself and proving the system all in one paragraph,...

nice philosophy,.....

and yet in the very next sentence you attribute your jadedness to the downfalls of people with a "limited age range",....

stop blaming others and own your problems, since you're obviously bright enough and adaptive enough to get through the program and be selected for leadership roles suck it up and do the job you said you'd do, navy nuke is a cake walk compared to children with cancer, withering parents, debilitated spouses or any of the other little gems life may have in store for you,...

if nothing else navy nuke will give you a leg up in a career which will allow you to afford a better standard of living and better benefits than many others must settle for during later lifetrials, you gotta pay your dues sometime and somewhere, get 'er done shipwreck and happy new year!?!?!?

Lighten up! Who made you the boss of her?

M1Ark

« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2009, 12:17 »

Come on, Mike.  You can't get anyone to believe that.

Motown homey

« Reply #48 on: Feb 10, 2009, 08:07 »

Why not - it's true.

byroneduardo

« Reply #49 on: Feb 11, 2009, 04:20 »
I think having a bell at NNPTC like in buds would be ok only if the outcome was get your job switched to one of undesignated striker jobs.  too much loss through medical at school during my time there, not nearly as much academic attrition. 

Fermi2

« Reply #50 on: Feb 11, 2009, 04:29 »

Hey it must be true. In the entire time you've known me have you ever heard me say anything just to stir things up?

Are you still playing Silent Hunter?

Mike

M1Ark

« Reply #51 on: Feb 16, 2009, 11:09 »

To sum up, I would say that it's your first sea tour that is going to give you the experience that you're going to need; in the Navy or out of it.  SPU just delays that experience, and therefore prolongs that NUB feeling.

I was a SPU and I was in for 5 years 10 months.  I only had to obligate for 24 months at sea.  My ship was going on a 6 month deployment 2 months before my 6 year EAOS was up and they let me out early.  I would not have taken the SPU tour if they made me re-enlist.

navynukeprincess

« Reply #52 on: Feb 17, 2009, 01:03 »
At the risk of starting this thread over again because it seems to have wandered all over the place... I haven't posted in quite a while as I was busy trying to graduate (and busy adjusting my attitude).  ;D

Said attitude has since been thoroughly adjusted, due largely to the support and/or smacks-to-the-back-of-the-head from many of you, and I finally freaking made it through Power School!  Graduated this past Friday, and now I get to sit on hold before going to Prototype due to the fact that it's partially.... er, effed at the moment from what we've all been told.

I'm still debating the SPU issue.  All of the input and various experiences gave me quite a bit of food for thought.  I'm not even going to worry about it at this point, because I have no idea if I'll even like Prototype or not yet.  And if I don't like being at Prototype, there's really no point in considering it; I'd just as soon get out to the Fleet and get going, already.  From all the opinions voiced, I've pretty much gathered that it's a good gig if you don't mind grunt work and don't mind being NUBlier than everyone once you get to your ship.

I am confused by the response from the guy who didn't re-enlist and still did SPU anyways... I've always been given the impression that you HAD to STAR re-enlist if you got SPU?  No? Yes?

navynukeprincess

« Reply #53 on: Feb 17, 2009, 01:36 »
Thanks, and yes, I am definitely looking at the hold thing as good and not bad.  I'm taking a few college courses being offered through Columbia College, and compared to being in Power School it'll be cake.  I don't mind being on hold because college is something I want to finish someday anyways, so do it now or do it later down the road... makes no difference to me.  Plus, like I think someone else stated at some point in this thread, this is the easiest my life will ever get while in the Navy, so why not make the most of it.

Wirebiter

« Reply #54 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:06 »

I am confused by the response from the guy who didn't re-enlist and still did SPU anyways... I've always been given the impression that you HAD to STAR re-enlist if you got SPU?  No? Yes?

That is the case now.  It was not always the case though.  I had someone similar to M1Ark on my first boat.  He did a total of 729 days of sea duty after 4 years as student/SPU.  I am not sure exactly when the 2 year extension was required of SPU's, but this was in the mid- 90's.

Fermi2

« Reply #55 on: Feb 18, 2009, 02:41 »
It used to be if you still had something like either 24 or 26 months obligated service after your SPU term then you didn't have to reenlist. I was in the same category as M1Ark. I didn't have to reenlist. From the day I entered the Navy until the day I was fully qualified as a nuke was something like 17 Months. Add 26 Months SPU time it was 43 Months total so I had 29 months left after my SPU tour. This was the mid 80s.

Mike

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #56 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:19 »
Tell you what, You spend 11 months on a steaming carrier with no TLD.... Then you can cry about your "nub feelings". Im qual'd more then others, yet I still get crapped on more then any one else...

Welcome to the nuclear navy.

Worry about SPU when you get offered SPU. Not going to tell you to not post and ask questions, but I am going to tell you to prioritize more appropriately. Wanting to better yourself and to better then others is great. BZ. However, you are needed where the navy puts you, so dont get bitter if you dont get spu. Study hard, qualify fast, and show up on time... and you will do well.

-MM2

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
« Reply #57 on: Mar 29, 2009, 12:10 »
NNP,
My advice (and my advice only) is do not be a staff pickup. Go to sea and be a real Sailor as soon as possible. If you choose SPU you are going to be way behind your peers when you finally arrive on board your new ship. They will be qualified senior in rate and you will be a nub. It sucks, believe me I know from first hand experience because I was a SPU. If I could turn back the hands of time I would have chose a different path than SPU because I hated working for my former classmates ( I was better than them and someday I will have my VENGEANCE). Additionally, you will have a much better chance at better evals at sea than in a prototype. If you show up and do your job, as told, then you are going to do well. Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open and know in your heart you can do it and you will succeed. That's the bottom line. Keep us up to date on your progress and when you decide where you want to be (east coast / west coast) shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do for you because I know some people who know some people who know a nephew who has a cousin that has a aunt who has a next door neighbor that was in the Navy in WW II so therefore I can pull some strings  8) 

Stay Safe, Be Cool and for Gods sake if you can't be good at least be good at it !!!
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009, 02:42 by Harley Rider »

Bullnuke

« Reply #58 on: Apr 10, 2009, 03:48 »
All I can say is if you need to talk to someone I can recommend several people at your command. I screened them to be instructors just like I probably screened your application to enter Nuclear Power.

I personally like having some older "Baby Nukes". I believe in brings some much needed maturity to the program. I also find the the more mature ones quickly advance up to their peers.

I would be more than happy to talk to you. My email is bullnuke@navy.mil or bullnuke@verizon.net.

VatoLoco

« Reply #59 on: Apr 14, 2009, 12:31 »
Im not sure how it is in the surface fleet. But my experiences have shown me that a SPU on a sub, usually makes chief there first time up. Just a thought that I'm not sure anyone has brought up yet. Usually when reviewing E-6's for advancement, they look for someone that has held a "training" billet.

misterbensin

« Reply #60 on: Apr 15, 2009, 10:20 »
Thanks, and yes, I am definitely looking at the hold thing as good and not bad.  I'm taking a few college courses being offered through Columbia College, and compared to being in Power School it'll be cake.  I don't mind being on hold because college is something I want to finish someday anyways, so do it now or do it later down the road... makes no difference to me.  Plus, like I think someone else stated at some point in this thread, this is the easiest my life will ever get while in the Navy, so why not make the most of it.

Not entirely on topic, how does taking CC courses during NNPS work? Are these open/close enrollment classes, do you have that long of a break? Are they internet courses? I've head that it is nearly impossible to take college courses while still in the pipeline. I am very interested in getting my B.S. (already have a B.A., should have thought more about that "A" part) as quickly as I can. I know I am putting the cart ahead of the mule, I have a few more months, but I'm a compulsive researcher. It may qualify as a real, serious and possibly life threatening addiction.

Thank you all for you service and your help,
BK

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #61 on: Apr 16, 2009, 09:09 »

ELT's???  Oh Pulease.  Those are the guys with rack burns  ;D

Hummm.. out of spec reading????? Nooooo.. what do you want it to be????

Fermi2

« Reply #62 on: Apr 16, 2009, 05:18 »
OR well if you never took a sample you can't be out of spec.

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
« Reply #63 on: Apr 27, 2009, 09:36 »
It used to be if you still had something like either 24 or 26 months obligated service after your SPU term then you didn't have to reenlist. I was in the same category as M1Ark. I didn't have to reenlist. From the day I entered the Navy until the day I was fully qualified as a nuke was something like 17 Months. Add 26 Months SPU time it was 43 Months total so I had 29 months left after my SPU tour. This was the mid 80s.

Mike

It's 36 months now, either through reenlistment or extension. Reenlisting is not a requirement, just usually the preferred path because of the amount of time you'd need to extend.

I think it would only be worth considering just extending for the Mechanics (shorter school time).

And I've expressed my feelings on being a SPU enough. Part of my biggest drawback was my feeling that I would not be in a good spot to get a solid eval, but working hard paid off for me for this cycle, so it definitely can be done. (this isn't a brag post, but the biggest drawback I could come up with as a current SPU was my thoughts that I would never get a good eval while here which is now proven to not be true).

I still stand by my guns that you need to have some other reason to do it such as a spouse in school or something along those lines.

navynukeprincess

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2009, 12:09 »
Not entirely on topic, how does taking CC courses during NNPS work? Are these open/close enrollment classes, do you have that long of a break? Are they internet courses? I've head that it is nearly impossible to take college courses while still in the pipeline. I am very interested in getting my B.S. (already have a B.A., should have thought more about that "A" part) as quickly as I can. I know I am putting the cart ahead of the mule, I have a few more months, but I'm a compulsive researcher. It may qualify as a real, serious and possibly life threatening addiction.

Thank you all for you service and your help,
BK

Hate to burst your bubble, but it is impossible to do while you're a student here.  The only reason I was offered the opportunity to take college classes was because I was placed on Grad Hold for 2-1/2 months after Power School.  Prototype was all sorts of backed-up (long story) and some students had to wait and go to Protytype with the class behind them.  The command had to give us something "productive" to do so they could feel like they were keeping us out of trouble somehow, so everyone on grad hold was given the choice of taking a few college classes on base here, or volunteering around town.

IPREGEN

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2009, 07:15 »
Jaded? That's what the Navy is all about after a while. You start with 2190 days. Is extending going to help you towards your long term goals? If you not then extending may not be the answer. If you just want to stay out of the fleet, well, it's going to be there waiting. School (college) can be a drag but hey, you keep the credits, hopefully going to something useful. Sit with your hubster and discuss these things. Make the decision together.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?