Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu coal powered vs nuclear powered station poss mass

Author Topic: coal powered vs nuclear powered station poss mass  (Read 9211 times)

csxt43

hopefully somebody here can give me a hand.  i was wondering if anybody knew if there were any differences to the poss mass test when it comes to taking the test for a coal powered station versus a nuclear powered station.  i ask this only because as i was scanning some of the posts related to the poss mass, it appeared that there were similarities and  variations to the test depending on the area you live. 
also can somebody recommend a study guide for purchase.  i took the poss mass once already and didn't pass.  i used the practice tests provided, but the bars and graphs practices were nothing like the test.  any help is appreciated.

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: coal powered vs nuclear powered station poss mass
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:06 »
At my utility (which has both fossil and nuclear units) they give the same test to everyone, but depending on your score,  you 'qualify' for various positions.  For example, you can score well enough to be a fossil plant operator, but not do well enough to be a nuke operator.

There isn't any official study guide for the EEI tests, most people recommend using an ASVAB practice book.  It worked for me.  One of the old hands on here suggests that you get a book with at least three practice tests in it.  Take the first test at your leisure, but time it.  Then take a different test but try to shave five minutes off.  And do the same thing when you take the third one.

csxt43

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:25 »
Where might I find an ASVAB practice book?  Are there any recommended links to purchase these practice tests/study materials?

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:55 »
Actually, if you use the Amazon.com search box on the front page of the site and make a purchase the site receives a 2% donation.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,8025.msg44298.html#msg44298
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2009, 07:51 »
Where might I find an ASVAB practice book?  Are there any recommended links to purchase these practice tests/study materials?

When I was studying, my local library had multiple ASVAB study guides.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

csxt43

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:57 »
thank you very much for the responses fellas.  its much appreciated.

Offline gsmagnum

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:10 »
Try going here:   http://www2.eei.org/practicetests/
Type AEP in both the name and PW and you should be able to see what to expect.

I am not an AEP employee. They just seem to have the most practice tests available to view of the utilities.
The utility (I won't say who) I work for only provides access to around 4 of the tests.

Any former (Navy) Load Toads should look at the System Operator/Power Dispatcher test battery. Those are decent paying positions that hiring pretty regularly.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2009, 10:14 by gsmagnum »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?