Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Instructor VIP Trip honeypot

Author Topic: Instructor VIP Trip  (Read 3243 times)

Offline nquinn

• Very Lite User
Instructor VIP Trip
« on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:46 »
I've noticed a lot of the questions regarding VIP trips are for NUPOC but haven't been able to find any answers about the Instructor trip. My liaison said we spend nights touring the Charleston area and one day going through NNPTC. Otherwise he can't tell me much else. Do we get to speak to instructors and parts of the chain of command? Are we allowed to see the area ourselves, or do we have to stay with the liaison the whole time? My sister-in-law lives there and it would be nice to see her some. If anyone has anything else that would be good to know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
Re: Instructor VIP Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:34 »
A little clarification might be helpful.  Are you a direct input officer who is going to be an instructor at NNPTC?  A description of your Navy status and why you are going on this trip might help someone answer your question.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline nquinn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009, 02:04 »
This would be for an instructor position at Power School.

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:34 »
nquinn,

I know this is late for you since you just went on the trip, but for others this might help.  The Instructor VIP trip (IVIP) is basically this:
Wednesday-  fly into Charleston in the afternoon, tour downtown/hang out that evening
Thursday- 0900-1200 tour power school, sit in on a math or physics class, meet with director of school, learn about train-up period and officer development school.
1200-1300 lunch with current instructors, informal Q&A
1300-1500 discuss Naval Reactors interviews and go over commonly asked questions.
1500+ dinner/hang out downtown
Friday- fly back home. 

Hope this info helps.

Offline nquinn

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2009, 02:31 »
NukeNTO,

Were you on the recent IVIP trip? Just curious.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?