Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Consulting Firm honeypot

Author Topic: Consulting Firm  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Mr.U

• Very Lite User
Consulting Firm
« on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:14 »
I am thinking of starting my own consulting firm. I suspect with all the nuclear industry coming down the road it would be a good time to start my own company. I am a Measurements and NDA guy. Measurement people are not very common and the demand should increase as the industry grows over. I have ten years experience with a physics degree. I have done HEU, LEU, and PU NDA.I have worked  in both DOE and NRC regulated facilities. I have done D&D, program work, procedures, training, etc. Any feedback on this idea would be appreciated and any suggestions from current business owners would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009, 10:15 by Mr.U »

Offline Mr.U

• Very Lite User
Re: Consulting Firm
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2009, 12:38 »
Crickets

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:12 »
good luck.  If you think that there is a market go for it.
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

alphadude

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 01:42 »
its all about the bonding and insurance. then you need a slam dunk contract-i.e. get on as many bidders or approved vendors lists as possible and then get a good old boy contract.  your resume may sell yourself but will it sell your company. you need to team with a bigger company- SEC, Bechtel etc.  if you are a vet, that helps and if you are a minority even better. (this is business folks). if you are a one man show- u would be just as well off doin 1099 otherwise you will not enjoy the personal tax deductions etc as a incorporated "consultant."  If you know a minority business man- go that route. It will be the wave of the next administration. Face it the last administration didn't do  small business or minorities any good. (Can you say KBR???)  Set up shop as close as possible to the work. Go to Los Alamos and set up shop, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2009, 04:39 by alphadude »

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2009, 01:10 »
Have you looked into networking by going to things like ANS national meetings?  Getting involved in ANS professional divisions is a great way to meet people who can either hire your firm, or know someone who could.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?