Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ben Roush

Author Topic: Ben Roush  (Read 10749 times)

TypeB

Ben Roush
« on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:11 »
It is with sadness that we report the passing last night of Davis “Ben” Roush, Jr.  Ben was a Sr. Radiation Protection Technician at the South Texas Project. Prior to joining STP, Ben had more than 15 years experience in the nuclear power industry and in handling HP assignments for the U.S. Department of Energy. 

Offline Deep'n the Swamps

• Light User
Re: Ben Roush
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:44 »
Sad indeed; In his passing goes a man of true integrity and character. Rest easy Ben.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathan Swift

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009, 02:03 »
I have had the pleasure of knowing Ben for his whole Nuclear Career. To know Ben is to have known a truly unique individual.  He had some funny stories, and was always willing to help out a brother, or sister tech. I was able to recently be at STP and went to his house to watch the Gators play, he was a great host. I will always cherish the fun times we had.

You will be missed brother.

vikingfan

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009, 02:15 »
this truly is sad news. having worked with ben during his tenure at battelle labs in columbus ohio. ben alway had a great spirit about him. he was willing to help out no matter what the situation was. didn't matter if you were a HP tech, manager or decon tech it was all the same for him. i will miss his stories about his beloved rolex ! he sure loved that dog !! rest easy my friend. May god be with you and your family.

Offline fuelflea

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009, 02:37 »
I have worked with Ben since I got out of the Navy in 1993 at STP, at Callaway, DC cook, and Battelle. A truely good man. I guess he will be playing with Rolex now. RIP.

Offline oaitw

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009, 04:07 »
well there goes another one of us worked with ben at several plants, always had a smile and a helping hand.  hey ben remember when me and foster and you got busted by the fun police at the irish pub in cedar rancid (duane arnold), i guess we were having 2 much fun for the mgmt.

rip my brother

rapidray

alphadude

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:55 »
Ben hope you find peace brother. I know you will.

I remember Ben usin a stun gun on some dude in Inglis one time... Ben was a hoot.  Me, him and Yankee painted crystal river red a few times.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009, 08:04 by alphadude »

leb

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:06 »
Ben was a true friend and will be missed. I started working with him back in the (ARC) days. We had some good times @ STP and Battelle.
He will be truly missed;
Barry Sapp
Sapp & Associates Inc.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009, 02:28 »
Sad News! 

I haven't had the opportunity to work with Ben since 1999.  He was always a pleasure to work with and as others have said, Eager to Help!   

RIP, RG!   

Offline raider

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:08 »
You will be truly missed my friend. No one had a bigger heart than you. Thanks for all the good times. You will never be forgoten. Go Gators

nobody

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2009, 12:10 »
Sad news, indeed. Another one of the good guys gone.

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives

Raise a beer to a good friend and a good life. Love lives in our memories of Big Ben.

MK

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2009, 01:08 »
Sorry to hear of Ben's passing. I worked with him in the 80's @ ANO and Turkey among other places. Although I haven't seen him in 20 years he was one of those people you never forget.He was really a great guy. My sympathy goes out to his family.

Russell Morris

Offline TE

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:48 »
I worked with Ben at Battelle and had some good times with him. I remember how much he loved his dog. Rolex was his baby and I thought that was so sweet! Ben was a great guy with a big heart. RIP Ben.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." Dr. Martin Luther King

Marvin

« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:54 »
Sorry to see that Ben is gone.  I worked with him at SONGS in the 80's (I think, my memory fails me), then STP.  Always a great guy.  Condolences to those closest to him.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2011, 09:51 by Barbie »

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:13 »
I had the pleasure of working with Ben at STP recently and im saddened to hear that he had passed away . My condolences to Jeannie and God Bless..Our loss is heavens gain for sure..what a gentleman he was.

Kath
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

On The Road

« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:37 »
I have knowen Ben for years now and this comes to great sadness. I haven't seen him in years, but he has never been forgotten. A true friend. Rest in Peace my brother. You will never be forgotten.

KB

putunxtc

« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2009, 06:28 »
I was sad to hear about Ben.  I worked for Ben in Columbus as a Decon Tech and Decon Lead.  RIP Ben!  My sympathies go out to your family.  As far as Rolex goes, that was the best frisbee catching dog I had ever seen.

Marty

Labrador

« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:25 »
I've known Ben for over 25 years, Ben was a College buddy, trailer trash buddy and my shift partner for years.  One thing for certain Ben would always have you laughing about something he did or something that happened to him.  We all have a story we can tell about him, that is how he wanted to be remembered.  Ben will be remembered in a celebration of life on Friday January 30th at 4:00 in Baycity TX.  Those who can't be there take a moment and toast a good friend.  Remember when those Gators win it again there will be someone with a big smile on his face because he told you so.[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgo-5qLzGyU

Go Gators
Go Orange & Blue

Later Ben-jer

Craig Kinman

duke99301

« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2009, 09:10 »
I worked with BeN in the ARC days could someone tell me how he was?
Sad we got to get old.
bless.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?