Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Enviro Monitoring vs. Personnel Monitoring honeypot

Author Topic: Enviro Monitoring vs. Personnel Monitoring  (Read 18192 times)

JustinHEMI05

Re: Enviro Monitoring vs. Personnel Monitoring
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2009, 08:24 »
Sorry everyone for getting so worked-up.  I'm just high-strung! (justin can attest to that.)  Anyway, I finally found-out that our TLD's are corrected for background already, so my idea of leaving them at work in shielded racks wouldn't have been exactly legal anyway.  As for why an OPS nub is rooting around in HP's "bidness" is this:  I'm stuck working as an engineer for a couple of more months while waiting for license class.  Due to an unfortunate turn of events, I'm not working on shift while waiting for class, but that's supposed to change.  Anyway, this whole idea was just something that I thought of one day sitting around the house with nothing to do.  So, thanks for the help guys, and as always, hope I didn't pi$$ anybody off too bad!

Dude no worries! But, you NEED to get in the plant. If you are sitting around, disappear. Beg, insist, do whatever it takes to get in the plant. You need to build a rapport with the NLOs and you need to see everything you can in those few months. You need to go on rounds with them too. Don't worry about getting in the control room much, you have the rest of your life for that. I can't tell you how invaluable the time I had on crew was to me while in systems. And, it still doesn't feel like it was enough. Those that say coming up from NLO is the best way ain't lying. You need to get in the plant by any means possible.

Justin

Offline YO!

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Enviro Monitoring vs. Personnel Monitoring
« Reply #26 on: Feb 04, 2009, 10:00 »
I have worked at sites where we left them in racks and others that allowed us to take them home. If there was a concern outside of work (i.e in college) we were issued TLD's by the college. Background radiation levels changed globally after the use of Atomic weapons. The Gollnick, Moe, the NukeWorker study guides and most College level Nuclear Training modules provide the details of how it all works (within reason). The use of TLD's, on site and off site monitoring, when, where and how are explained. If you understand the mechanics of it, you will understand where everyone was coming from. As long as a site meets the standards set forth in the 10 CFR 20, ANS/ANSI requirements and site's licensing for NRC and DOE Standards and ANS/ANSI requirements and 10 CFR 835 for DOE and etc. It does not matter what means they use to comply, as long as they comply. This is a concept that tends to elude many spectators. 

Good Luck ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?