Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu STA-21 honeypot

Author Topic: STA-21  (Read 7010 times)

Glowing_Since_09

STA-21
« on: Sep 23, 2009, 11:11 »
Some enlisters have degrees and get picked up easier for STA-21. What are the chances for an enlisted sailor with no degree to be picked up for STA-21? Any insight or observations from you guys would be highly appreciated.

Fermi2

Re: STA-21
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2009, 11:34 »
Didn't you tell another NUB to do his own research a few days back?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2009, 12:27 »
I thought the point of sta-21 was to help people without degrees to get a degree? I could be wrong, I have been out for a few years now.

Justin

Glowing_Since_09

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2009, 02:39 »
Didn't you tell another NUB to do his own research a few days back?

Did the search and even talk to a few recruiters, it's all spotty information telling you to try, and yet the more sailors I talk to, more I hear that no one makes it.

So i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions, advice, personal experience.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2009, 06:29 »
Did the search and even talk to a few recruiters, it's all spotty information telling you to try, and yet the more sailors I talk to, more I hear that no one makes it.

So i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions, advice, personal experience.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/86A49D57-40CD-4F75-BA19-3D1CFC04D2E5/0/NAV08289.txt

Lots of folks make it....see last years listing.

STA-21 is for guys without degrees, not guys with degrees.

If you have a degree, you try to get OCS.

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2009, 07:47 »
Like GC said, lots of folks make it.  But keep in mind STA is not a nuke thing...it's open to all rates.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2009, 10:57 »

From the eligibility page on the Sta 21 website:

Individuals who have already obtained their baccalaureate degree are not eligible for STA-21 and should apply directly for Officer Candidate School (OCS). OCS application procedures can be found in OPNAVINST 1420.1A (Chapter 4).

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?