Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Plant Security Clearance

Author Topic: Nuclear Plant Security Clearance  (Read 17352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
Nuclear Plant Security Clearance
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 02:46 »
Sorry folks I am new to this site..Great one by the way!!!
How can a Person obtain a clearance to work at a nuclear power house in the electrical field? Would this fall under the form SF 86 to get started? Or Would this fall under a Q or L clearance from the department of entergy, DOE. If thats the case. I believe that has to come from the contractor.

Lets say the contractor says you need Your clearance in hand to start the job. Once again,How would you obtain the clearance ..
Thank you


  • Guest
Re: Nuclear Plant Security Clearance
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:59 »

First, you have to get offered a job at a commercial nuke, then your hiring company will have you submit the forms to start your security clearance, whether direct hire or contractor.  Most contractor companies want you to already have your unescorted access (or at least less than 1 year since you had one) before they submit you for acceptance at the utility.

You don't do it the other way around (get cleared, then find work).  It's an expensive and time-consuming process.

Good luck with the job search.....


NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of ™, LLC © 1996-2021 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?