Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fleet Returnee and GED waivers  

Author Topic: Fleet Returnee and GED waivers  (Read 3755 times)

EM101

Fleet Returnee and GED waivers
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:32 »
I’m currently onboard a surface vessel as a regular EM. I’m planning to cross rate, and I qualify for virtually every job in the Navy – Except nuke. I belief is because I don’t have a high school diploma, or maybe because I never took the NAPT test. I scored 73 on my ASVAB, but I’ve have taken some college classes since then. I’ve three questions, and hopefully someone knows the answers.
-   Can you cross rate to nuke?
-   Are there any waivers for a GED?
-   All my evaluations have been EP, and I’m recognized as an exceptional technician in my rate. Does this help me at all?

Appreciate any help.

Wirebiter

Re: Fleet Returnee and GED waivers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 12:24 »
You can cross-rate.  I had a conventional EM3 off a tugboat in my A-school class.  You will need to talk to your CCC to get all the details, and even then, he/she probably won't know what to do right away.  Stick with it.  Good Luck!

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:14 »
One of my good buddies that was a SPU when I went back to Prototype was an ex-HM(FMF).  He had done like 8 years as an HM, got up to first class and got busted down for socking his DIVO, cross-rated to MM, became a SPU, then ELT and is now up in Washington on a boomer.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:11 »
His question about cross rating has been answered, yes it is possible. I think his biggest concern should be the GED. Anyone know the rules on that?

Justin

Offline AFT21

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:22 »
There's not much that isn't waiverable.  My LCPO at prototype had psychedelic waiver's.

MM1/SS

EM101

« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2009, 12:12 »
Wow...Maybe I can get a High School diploma, I heard one can take a test and get a regular diploma. I'll talk to my CCC, but like you said, he probably won't know.

Thanks  :)

Motown homey

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009, 01:35 »
I don't know how it is now (there are guys that do), but I had a GED when I went in as a Nuke MM.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?