Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu how to get outage work and pay honeypot

Author Topic: how to get outage work and pay  (Read 4029 times)

byroneduardo

how to get outage work and pay
« on: Feb 11, 2009, 11:11 »
I am still in the navy and considering getting out.  I am considering getting into outage work while staying reserve for the last 10 years.  roughly what does outage work pay, is it fairly steady work, how does one go about getting into this area of employment, and do you have any suggestions of a different direction I might consider.  Is this even the correct area to be posting this?  Thanks fellas. 

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: how to get outage work and pay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2009, 12:02 »
Outage work doing what? RP / Mechanic / ELectrician / laborer / decon / ?? Outage work is about 6 months a year, if you are lucky. Nice if you are single, but a drag on a family. Unemployment rules are getting harder to follow.  :(

You can work for a utility while being in the reserves - they are required to let you have the time for duty weekends and annual. Many utilities also "make whole" your pay if you are sent active for a deployment.  ;D

With a bit more info, I could help ya. You could also read through a few hundred posts here and find out enough information to help yourself.   ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

byroneduardo

Re: how to get outage work and pay
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2009, 12:11 »
I am part of the lowly of the nuke world, the steam plant  mechanics but I most certainly would do radcon work, or whatever else they would deem me qualified for.  Being single, I am partly drawn toward the outage work.  Last time I check on the boards here, I didnt really see too much info on the subject but I will use the ever-elusive search function.  Thanks for any help you can provide. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?