Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The Chicago Way

Author Topic: The Chicago Way  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The Chicago Way
« on: Mar 04, 2009, 10:03 »
      Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the WhiteHouse. One is from Chicago , another is from Tennessee , and the third is from Minnesota. All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Minnesota contractor takes out a tape measure and does somemeasuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says,"I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring,then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for mycrew and $100 profit for me."

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans overto the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure likethe other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."

"Done!" replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2009, 10:55 by Marlin »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: The Chicago Way
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:09 »
That ain't funny.  :(
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

withroaj

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:08 »
Sad but true. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:55 »
   The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."

Would that be T. Vols, or cousin TheNukeman ??!?   :P

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:11 »
That ain't funny.  :(

That's yer gubbamint.... :D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:21 »
That's yer gubbamint.... :D

That's exactly why it ain't funny!
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?