Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Relocation Services
honeypot

Author Topic: Relocation Services  (Read 9784 times)

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
Relocation Services
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:37 »
I didn't see anything related to this on a search so I figured I'd ask.  I've interviewed at a couple of different plants and feel like the interviews went very well.  I believe one of them has a "relocation services" company that they work with to help new hires sell their current home.  Depending on the details this could be a huge advantage for me.

Has anyone ever used one of these services?  Any feedback on the process?
Thanks.

Offline Harley Rider

• Moderate User
Re: Relocation Services
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2009, 01:05 »
I am using one right now and they have been very helpful. Although mine does not have a "buyout" clause they will buy your home immediately if you have a signed contract thereby assuming all the risk for selling to the new owners and getting you on with your life. Additionally they run herd on the real estate agents to insure that your home is shown in the best light (i.e. they insure the agents are doing their jobs). If you want more info PM and I would be glad to discuss in more detail.
Despite inflation, a penny is still a fair price for the thoughts of many people

mlslstephens

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2009, 06:02 »
I didn't see anything related to this on a search so I figured I'd ask.  I've interviewed at a couple of different plants and feel like the interviews went very well.  I believe one of them has a "relocation services" company that they work with to help new hires sell their current home.  Depending on the details this could be a huge advantage for me.

Thanks.
My company uses Cartus.  Here are the basics of Cartus relo package:
Pay up to 10% of real estate fees on the sale of your home (7% agent, 3% closing)
Pay up to 5 % of real estate fees on the purchase of your home
2 months of temporary lodging expenses
5 days of house hunting
Movement of household goods ( I turned this down and used the Navy one last time )

As a side note, their mortgage center crushed my own credit union (NFCU) rates for mortgage.  Plus, going with their mortgage company, allowed every expense to be direct  billed.  Not to mention, the fact that I didn't have to drive back for the closing of my home.  That was taken care of by POA since the relo company actually bought the home from me as soon as I got a contract on the house.

Once assigned to Cartus, they provide an agent for you to guide you through the process of relocating. My agent was unbelievable and the entire move and sell of old home/purchase of new home was extremely easy.  Bear in mind that the Navy had moved me 12 times; I was somewhat familiar with moving.

The relocation company is a huge benefit that should be considered in my opinion.  It saved me close to 50K.

Hope this helps.  PM me if you have any specifics that you want answered. 

BTW, this is pretty current since I used them last June for my move.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2009, 10:42 by NaVLI4 »

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2009, 10:21 »
Thanks guys, that's a big help!! 

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2009, 10:40 »
Are they offering you this service? I know many companies, including TVA are not helping with Home costs due to the economy.

Mike

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2009, 12:22 »
Mike,

I'm not to the offer stage yet, I was told I should hear something in the next 2-3 weeks.  I was just asking about people's experience with them because I have friends that have signed on with a couple of the places I've interviewed with who were offered "relocation services".  They're early enough in the process that they don't have any good info for me, so I figured I'd ask here. 

If I'm fortunate enough to get a job offer and this service isn't offered to me then I don't need to worry about it.  If it is offered then I'd still like to know what people who have taken advantage of it thought.  Thanks again to everyone who replied, I appreciate the info.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2009, 04:13 by NukeNTO »

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2009, 04:22 »

Thanks.

Both job offers I seriously considered used Cartus for their relocation company.  Everything they did was top-notch.  Relocation packages differ by company, but most include:  closing assistance, house-hunting trip, temporary lodging expense, travel expenses, moving expenses (I used the Navy).  I didn't have a house to sell so I can't speak to selling your old home other than at TVA they provide POA (like previously mentioned).  Overall the relocation benefits were a significant benefit for me.

Derek
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2009, 08:09 »
Years ago I got a job from a company that used a similar service (can't remember the name right now) and it was the most valuable perk I got with the job. I HATE closings and it got me out of it. I had already found a buyer and the rest was smooth as silk. If you can negotiate one of those services into your package, do it.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2009, 11:05 »
My info is a little dated but Entergy used to only pay moving expenses for NLO new hires.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?