Career Path > Money Matters

Relocation Services

<< < (2/2)

NukeNTO:
Mike,

I'm not to the offer stage yet, I was told I should hear something in the next 2-3 weeks.  I was just asking about people's experience with them because I have friends that have signed on with a couple of the places I've interviewed with who were offered "relocation services".  They're early enough in the process that they don't have any good info for me, so I figured I'd ask here. 

If I'm fortunate enough to get a job offer and this service isn't offered to me then I don't need to worry about it.  If it is offered then I'd still like to know what people who have taken advantage of it thought.  Thanks again to everyone who replied, I appreciate the info.

DDMurray:

--- Quote from: NukeNTO on Mar 08, 2009, 10:37 ---I didn't see anything related to this on a search so I figured I'd ask.  I've interviewed at a couple of different plants and feel like the interviews went very well.  I believe one of them has a "relocation services" company that they work with to help new hires sell their current home.  Depending on the details this could be a huge advantage for me.

Has anyone ever used one of these services?  Any feedback on the process?
Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Both job offers I seriously considered used Cartus for their relocation company.  Everything they did was top-notch.  Relocation packages differ by company, but most include:  closing assistance, house-hunting trip, temporary lodging expense, travel expenses, moving expenses (I used the Navy).  I didn't have a house to sell so I can't speak to selling your old home other than at TVA they provide POA (like previously mentioned).  Overall the relocation benefits were a significant benefit for me.

Derek

RDTroja:
Years ago I got a job from a company that used a similar service (can't remember the name right now) and it was the most valuable perk I got with the job. I HATE closings and it got me out of it. I had already found a buyer and the rest was smooth as silk. If you can negotiate one of those services into your package, do it.

jams723:
My info is a little dated but Entergy used to only pay moving expenses for NLO new hires.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version