Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Should I be a navy nuke?

Author Topic: Should I be a navy nuke?  (Read 4609 times)

moormane

Should I be a navy nuke?
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 07:35 »
I'm currently a senior in high school. I recently enlisted and scored an 88 on the asvab. My job i took was aviation electronics. About 3 weeks ago i got a call from a nuke that saw my score and wanted me to take a nuke qualifying test. It was a pass fail test and i got a 70 out of 80. I've never been much for school and i know as a nuke its a ton of schooling. Studying definitely isn't my strong suit either. I've talked to some navy nukes that didn't make it through school and hated it. I've talked to others that have loved it. I took chemistry in high school and did average on it. Right now I'm in finite math, didn't take calculus or physics.I know that its going to be extremely difficult to go as a nuke and at this point in time I'm not sure if i will get through the schooling. I know that if i do I'll set myself up for the future. I'd appreciate some insight as to what its like as a navy nuke and whether or not it would be the right choice.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Should I be a navy nuke?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:56 »
If you have to ask, with the trepidations that you listed in first post, I'd say no, but I've been wrong before...

Gavrilova

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:33 »
I'm a senior too, and in my opinion it's a great opportunity. If the school is the only thing holding you back then you should look at it as something you just have to get through, and you have to set your mind on your goal and not let anything hold you back from getting it. Also think about what you would be doing if you would decide not to go, what are your alternatives?

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 04:29 »
I concur with a little of both of the above. If its something you know you are not going to want to put the time in for, then pass. Or, suck it up and open up a world of opportunities for yourself. Either way, good luck with your decision and keep us posted.

Justin

PS Not that AE doesn't open up opportunities. I don't know if it does or does not, but I do know that nuke opens up opportunities in industries you never thought possible.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2009, 04:30 by JustinHEMI »

NukeNub

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:09 »
Consider the future of the industries: Aviation or Nuke/Energy, who keeps having rounds of lay-offs?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?