Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Where to Begin  

Author Topic: Where to Begin  (Read 16678 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Where to Begin
« Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2009, 05:39 »
Might these phenomena somehow share a certain common denominator... ?

I think the denominator here may have "divided by zero" ;)

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:32 »
I just didn’t understand enough of the basic terminology to recognize what I was looking at.

Then I recommend you start by searching basically.  Terms, terminology, definitions, and lingo will get you many things to look at, read, learn, and hopefully understand.
Nukes are by nature hard-asses.  Nubs are by definition at a minimum unenlightened and demonstrate that by opening their mouths, which qualified operators will recognize, highlight, and hound you with.  It's a right of passage to enlightenment.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

jvedwards

« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2009, 11:19 »
I'm a Project Planner/Scheduler in the PetroChen industry with 20 years experience.
Have always noticed job posting for scheduler, but always requires clearance. How
does one begin to get clearance to work in the nuke industry?

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2009, 11:34 »
I'm a Project Planner/Scheduler in the PetroChen industry with 20 years experience.
Have always noticed job posting for scheduler, but always requires clearance. How
does one begin to get clearance to work in the nuke industry?

:o

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,47.0.html

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2009, 11:35 »
The website http://www.nucleartourist.com/ is a good starting place to get an overview of the nuclear industry.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2009, 02:41 »
So, with a healthier dose of humility maybe you will get some specific questions and let us help.

Straighten up and type right when you appear to us next and we can hope to offer more than a civics lesson that could've been taught by your parents (and the other adults in your life).

Jason

Kind of like he did in this post:
I just don’t understand, well I do understand I just don’t get it.  My very first post ever on Nuke Worker and I already have a bounty on my head. I attempted to express my lack of knowledge for the nuclear industry and apparently have done a poor job.  I Nunuke, apologize to all those on the board I have offended either by my ignorance, attitude or language.  I never intended to offend so many.  Because of the combined input from those on the board I now have a place to begin searching.   You have to keep in mind that all the while I was being called out for not searching I really was, I just didn’t understand enough of the basic terminology to recognize what I was looking at.  I appreciate all of the input.

At least we didn't let someone seeking knowledge prevent us from having a nice round of slap the new guy around, right?  I'd delete the off-topic comments but the thread would be too disjointed to be of any use.  Off-topic comments from this point on will be deleted.  If anyone had any questions please feel free to PM me and I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Peace,
Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #31 on: Mar 21, 2009, 06:09 »
Nunuke,

EXCELLENT RESPONCE!  You went from ZER :'( to HER ;D in less then 500 words!

My feedback was not an attack on your character, intelligence, or social abilities!  It was however a message to amplify your awareness of Quality and Self Criticisms.  I strongly suggest you measure the quality of products you're delivering, in/on any venue!  The site standard isn't perfection, but if the contents of an individuals correspondence resembles a game of scrabble combines with hieroglyphics, would you even notice a question?

From the Self Criticisms perspective?  Your follow up postings answered that!

At this point I see two options.....

1)  Turn and run............ :'(

2)  Ask your question once again........... ;D

You don't want to see what we do to COWARDS ............ :o

Have a Great Day, RG......... ;D

Jodymail1

« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2009, 08:53 »
I, just a postal worker looking to learn about the industry for my husband, am enjoying the knowledge being spouted here.
Jody ;D

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2009, 08:58 »
the knowledge being spouted here.

buncha moby brain types, huh?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?