Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Issue with recruiters/nuke coordinators honeypot

Author Topic: Issue with recruiters/nuke coordinators  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Vorschau

• Very Lite User
Issue with recruiters/nuke coordinators
« on: Mar 25, 2009, 03:52 »
I got in to some trouble with a dui a year ago, and my recruiters went through a long process and got everything "taken care of" by an old nuke coordinator down in the LA station. We've recently changed nuke coordinators, and now this new guy is saying that nothing is in my record and my recruiters are telling me that I am fine. I don't really know what's going on though, because my friend that's already a nuke is saying that they won't give me my security clearance without a waiver for the DUI, but the old nuke coordinator said i don't need one and the new one says there's nothing there and he's going to need paperwork for it. I'm wondering if there's any recruiters or coordinators on here that could help me find out if I need to work out things with this new guy as well, or if it should be there already, or if my recruiters are just not all there. Sadly, I feel like my recruiters often don't know what they are doing, and they say things to me like they don't need to start paperwork for my security clearance and that they just do it at nuke school, and my friend says his recruiter started his paperwork early and that he knows people that get put on hold for months because their recruiters didn't start any paperwork. I just want to know what I can do to either be confident in my recruiters or somehow go around them to a higher part of my chain of command if they aren't capable of giving me answers. (I just got off the phone with my RINC right now, and when I told him about there being nothing in my file from the new nuke guy he said I'm fine, I explained what I heard about the security clearance process and he said uhhhh...)

So yeah, any help would be great. The old coordinator even said a DUI isn't that big of a deal if it has been long enough and that it's easy to take care of.

Offline Vorschau

• Very Lite User
Re: Issue with recruiters/nuke coordinators
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2009, 05:32 »
I searched but found a lot of mixed answers on security clearances and not much on DUI's, just the same thing I've heard from the coordinator as well, they're bad but admissible if x amount of time has passed and all classes/dues have been cleared/paid.

GoLonghorns

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2009, 05:49 »
I was a nuke and a Rinc for a year at a large recruiting station.  My advice is that you do what you need to with the nuke coordinator.  Your Rinc is most likely not a nuke and he probably doesn't know everything that goes with your processing.  Once you are in DEP, the navy runs a fingerprint check to see if you have any charges.  If you have been fingerprinted for a charge and the arresting agency sends data to the FBI, which most do, then your charge is going to come up.  I forgot the name of the file, because it has been a 5 years since I was Rinc, but they send out a discrepancy list to all the stations every so often of charges that were not reported when you entered DEP.  It then becomes your recruiter's responsibility to find the documents regarding your charge and the final adjudication.  If he can't do that, you fall into an open civil category which makes you unable to ship to RTC.  This is what your Rinc is worried about.  DEP attrition is nasty and is the bane of all recruiter's existence.  So, my advice:  Talk to your nuke coordinator and do what he says.  If he is new to recruiting, he may not know the following information.  If you were fingerprinted for your DUI, you probably need to get a waiver.  The only way you don't is if the agency is a tiny, and I mean tiny, country bumpkin type of office or if your case was dismissed (i.e. in the interest of justice, insufficient evidence, etc).  Hope that helps.

Offline Vorschau

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2009, 08:46 »
That was fairly helpful, I think that it didn't come up during my DEP-in day but I'm positive that it will show up when I get my security clearance so I just need to work with my nuke recruiter then. He is new but he seems to know what needs to be done, I just called him again and I gave him my RINC's number so he's going to call the station first thing tomorrow morning and try to see where everything goes. I'm just confused because they said they put in a waiver for me but my record has nothing in it, so it's all so confusing. I just hate how I'm put in the middle of this, I know it's to be expected because after all it was my poor judgment to be drinking that night. I just want to know answers though, and if everything goes wrong and it hasn't been long enough since my DUI I want to know the answer instead of being put on this waiting game where the people are telling me one thing and then when I ask them about something related they have no clue what I'm talking about. All they say is "we put another nuke in with a DUI just fine, but yours is a little recent so we're not sure." Thanks for the advice though, all my recruiters are AM/OS/BM, so I'll be taking my issues up with the nuke recruiter. I found the old nuke recruiter on these forums actually, but he hasn't logged in for a substantial period of time. Drat :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?