Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pete McAllister SR honeypot

Author Topic: Pete McAllister SR  (Read 37203 times)

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
Pete McAllister SR
« on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:16 »
Pete McAllister SR passed away today at around 2am in his sleep at the hospital. He was having some issues over the years with his heart, pneumonia, other lung issues. He went in the Hospital feeling sick, and had trouble breathing and then things just started to shut down. We were lucky enough to have all my Sisters and Brother and other relatives here.

He loved his time in Nuclear Power and all the people he worked with there. He kept telling me he was going to work one more outage, and said that he wishes he could have been able to do just that.

He was my father, my friend, and i will miss him and thanks to all who have already called.

He said he wished that he could have helped all the hungry kids in the world, so we are asking if you wish to send something send a donation in his name and yours to

St. Theresa's Soup Kitchen
11528 SE HWY 301
Belleview, Flriida, 34420
1-352-245-1359

There will be a Service for him at St. Theresa"s Church at the same address on Sunday the 29th of March and all are welcome. I have given this site info to my Sisters and Brother so they could see what people have to say about Dad. I can see him and Steve Romanowicz right now telling Jake Sasser what was he thinking. We have a lot of brothers on the other side so I am sure they will take good care of him.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Pete McAllister SR
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2009, 08:58 »
Dear Pete,
                 I am very sorry for your loss.  My condolances to you and your family.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010, 09:48 by techtoolong »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2009, 09:20 »
Dear Pete, your dad was one of the legends in this business. I am sure that he will be well remembered and sorely missed. He and my dad, Jack Brown worked together decades ago and my husband and brothers worked with him also.

I am sorry for your loss, Camella

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2009, 11:56 »
Pete,

Please accept my sympathy.  Your father was a good man and a nice man.  I worked for him back in the old IRM days at Turkey Point and I always found him to be fair.

I remember one day in Miami I was getting the oil in my car changed at a Jiffy Lube type place.  While I was sitting in the waiting room one of the attendants came in and said the next person in line had fallen asleep in his car.  I looked out and there was Pete Sr snoozing away.

Treasure your memories.

Take care.

Larry 

hatrai07

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2009, 02:13 »
My sympathies go out to you Pete.  Worked with both of you many years ago.  All the way back to my IRM days.  Your father was a good man.

Shane

Dwayne

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2009, 02:19 »
Sorry to hear about Pete Sr.
I remember working for Pete back in "the good old days" and IRM. He was always there for you and would give you the shirt off his back!!! He will be missed and remembered by all the knew him.
Ours are with  you Pete and Family.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2009, 03:14 »
Pete,

So very sorry to hear of your family's loss. From all of us at Cook: Peace and good memories.

Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2009, 06:56 »
Pete,

Sorry for the loss to your family, I will keep you in my prayers.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2009, 07:07 »
Pete,  very  sorry to hear of your loss,he was truly a remarkable person and he does have alot of brothers to take care of him now. he is in good hands!! had alot of laughs with him and when you 2 were together it was even funnier.alot of great memories of him and my time with him  as well as yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. There is a such a big part of him in you Pete keep that spirit!!!!
Diane
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2009, 07:22 by dinutt »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2009, 10:20 »
Pete,
I am truly sorry for the loss of your dad. Some of my fondest memories in nuclear power include him. He was  quite a man to put up with our youthful crap. God must have needed another Coordinator to call him home. I will always remember him and the way he handled every problem we threw at him, literally. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care.   Spanky McFarlin
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Al Eidson

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2009, 02:25 »
Pete-Sorry to hear about your Dad. I could tell some stories, as well as a lot of others, about your Dad. Things were diffrent back in the late 70's. He always loved to have a good time. I know that you will miss him, but your Dad will live in the hearts and minds of a lot of us for a long time. My Prayers will be with You and your Family during this time. God Bless- Al Eidson

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2009, 04:58 »
Pete,
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He was an exceptional person, and I am honored to have known him. He gave me my start in this industry - as he did hundreds like me, I'm sure. He made a positive impact on my life, and will be missed. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Ruth Gibson
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

diparyar

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2009, 07:37 »
pete, rapidray here your dad is now in a much better place.  hang in there brother, hope to get to work with you again someday

you are and family are in my prayers.

GOD bless yawl

rapidray

peace

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2009, 12:22 »
Pete:

Sorry to hear about your dad.  We shared many good times together - I remember a dinner of an 8# lobster followed by 3 1#s that the ladies couldn't eat.  He is truly in a better place.  We'll keep you in our prayers.

Terry Keane
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2009, 01:03 »
sorry to hear about pete's passing.  crossed paths with hymn a few times in containments here and there.  always good, always dependable.  my condolences to you and your family.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2009, 08:10 »
Pete,

I am sorry about your Dad. He was a very special guy and we traveled in the same circles over the last 30 years. I can especially appreciate your comment about Big Steve and Jake as we were all together at Oyster Creek in 1978.
You and your family are in our thoughts here at Brunswick.

Doug

Offline cjhunter

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2009, 01:22 »
Pete~
So sorry to hear of your loss.  He will be truely missed and lots of good memories will be remembered by many. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.....Always, Carrie

nuclearnomad

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2009, 07:45 »
Pete,
       very sorry to hear of your loss, your father was definitely a legend in the business. I worked for him in the 80's in the old IRM days
         my condolences to you and your family
                                                                    mike martin

Rahrah

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2009, 11:29 »
Pete,
My condolences to you and your family.  Your dad truly was one of a kind.  I went to central florida with Steve and him.  They both treated me like a daughter, especially when we went on the road with the IRM bunch.  My memories of him are sweet stories that I like remember and retell. 

Ruth Keesee Hall

Offline walstib

• Moderate User
  • I hate Monday's
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2009, 12:43 »
Pete,
Very sorry to hear of the passing of you father.  Worked with your father back in the old IRM days at Turkey Point during the S/G changeout.  I was always impressed with his professionalism on the job, and his consideration for the people he had working for him.  Although it is our loss now, it was our good fortune to have known him.  He will be missed.

Rick
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail -Emerson
If you are going through hell, keep going
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H S Thompson

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2009, 03:44 »
Hi Pete

Just wanted to say im so very sorry for your loss, and extend my condolences to you and your family.

Kath Harding
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2009, 07:49 »
Pete,my deepest condolences for your recent loss,God always takes the best so that we can become our best.I know that the McAllister that still with us will do  the  SR.McAllister proud.Be strong and courageous as your father takes his heavenly journey home.God bless you and your family.
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2009, 07:25 »
Pete, Julie and Families,

I am very sorry for your loss.  My condolances to you and your family. Your Dad was one of the good ones who will be missed by all.

Morris

oldsalt.12

« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2009, 07:51 »
Pete,

Sorry to hear, condolences to you and your family. Your dad took good care of me back in the 70s. I wish him a speedy journey, may he be in heaven 1/2 hour before the devil knows he's dead.
Kevin Painter

remowil55

« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:07 »
Hey Pete, Sorry to hear of the loss. Your dad was a great guy. I enjoyed every time we all worked together, he will be missed. Hope to see ya soon. Remo

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?