Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pete McAllister SR

Author Topic: Pete McAllister SR  (Read 37216 times)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Pete McAllister SR
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2009, 12:08 »
Pete:

There isn't anything that anyone can say that can soften a blow like this. Condolences are all we can offer and the promise to remember your dad fondly. Another true legend is gone and the industry just lost a little more shine. My best to your family.

Roger
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2009, 12:29 »
Pete, sorry to hear of your loss - I remember working with you both in NY in the 90's - great fun, you two were great together. Your Dad's sharp wit kept us in stitches all outage. You and your family are in my prayers...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline hoghunter

• Moderate User
  • I have often regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2009, 04:23 »
Pete sorry for your loss! A man such as he was needs no words to describe who or how he was.I feel a man reputation and how he present himself to others speaks louder then words and he was one of the best. He will be missed by all who had the opportunity to know him

Ellison
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2009, 07:24 by RELLISON62 »
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:14 »
Pete,

Sorry for your loss, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I got the opportunity to work with your father at Turkey Point he was a true Classic and Class Act.

Rick
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2009, 11:42 »
To All that have read and replied, all that will read and reply, and all that we know. Thanks for the calls, those that came to the service thanks, to Bartlett thanks, to those who left messages saying sorry they could not make it due to it being so fast, Sorry. It just so happened that we had most of our family here and it was a hard decision to make, knowing that if we had it Sunday it would be hard for people to get there, but it was based on the old dollar. For that I apologize.
My father loved Nuclear Power and all he worked with, He was always telling me he had one more outage and he was done.

I printed the reply's and gave them to my Mom and the others to read, it was nice to hear from all. I will always be indebted to all for the blessings Nuclear Power has blessed me with, and now I know that as I always thought you are truly part of the family as I always expected.

Thanks for all the donations to the Soup Kitchen they will be overwhelmed with the generosity our brothers have shown. 

Please take the time to let the ones you love know how much you love them. I will miss him but I know that him and the others are right now up there planning on the fall outages and wishing they could be here. May God bless you and yours, and all that have already passed.

Thanks from the McAllister's one and All

hatched

« Reply #30 on: Mar 31, 2009, 12:30 »
Pete,
I am sorry to hear about your loss.  May God Bless You and Your Family.

Robin Thomas

Jr8black3

« Reply #31 on: Mar 31, 2009, 10:37 »
Pete,

From all of the RW crew at Fermi we send our prayers and thoughts to you and your family, alot of people understand the tough time your going through, and crew all respected how you treated them and dealt with problems. I know this for a fact thats because you learned from your Dad.

Pete I never thought I'd see this but Becky cried.

Pete I worked with your Dad at one of the then CP&L plants, doesn't matter which one he made a impact on me, it was along timeago, for some dumb reason I wanna think it was HB Robinson, and somehow you felt like you were at home because of him..

Enough about that..

All of the RW department feels for your loss. Don't be a stranger, the folks up here like you, these folks would love to see ya stop by and say hey.

Kevin Ott

ageoldtech

« Reply #32 on: Mar 31, 2009, 12:30 »
Pete,
I’m so sorry to hear about Big Pete. I really enjoyed working for him and with him over the years. Always fun loving he enjoyed life, the world a better place with him in it. He will be greatly missed; I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers
Alan Campbell
(Hambone)

zacky

« Reply #33 on: Mar 31, 2009, 02:00 »
Pete,
I just found out.  I'm so sorry for your loss. I am at a loss for words.  I will always treasure the outages I spent with your father.  He was a great friend/mentor and person. A true legend in this field. Call if you need anything or just need to talk.  Poly
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2009, 02:06 by zacky »

68Vett

« Reply #34 on: Mar 31, 2009, 04:10 »
Pete Jr - it's hard to come up with the proper words to explain the sorrow I have learning about your Dad's passing.  I'll never forget our time together during the late 70's thru the 80's at PTN.  He supported me during my transition to HP and was always concerned about the well being of the Techs. He'll be missed by many!!

My best regards to your Mother.

Pat Hughes

catradjedi

« Reply #35 on: Apr 01, 2009, 12:35 »
Dear Pete and Family,

You are in my thoughts and prayers, I only had the chance to work with Pete Sr a couple of outages but I know I am a better person for it. He always smiled no matter what was going on and his smile was contagious.

Cat Jensen

harleydad101

« Reply #36 on: Apr 01, 2009, 02:24 »
Pete,

As we all are, I too am sorry for your loss.  We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.  Once again my friend take care and god bless.

On the brighter side, I should have taken that kick in the nads when I got here.  Things could have only looked up from there.  LOL.

Jeff@fermi

radman5030

« Reply #37 on: Apr 03, 2009, 11:29 »
Pete,

May God continue to comfort you and your family in these tough days, time will ease the pain and fond memories of the past will mend the broken heart. Thank you for your kind words even during your time of mourning although I never had the pleasure of working with your Dad, reading all these comments give me a little insight in to the type of person he was. I know that he is proud of you and admires the strength that you showed toward your family and your friends. No one is ever really prepared for the loss of a loved one no matter how old they are or we get. God Bless you and I am proud to call you my friend. You and your loved ones will continue to be in my prayers during these tough days.

Sincerely,
Larry Dustin

Hope

« Reply #38 on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:24 »
Pete,

Scott Hochmuth sent me a link to this notice - we used to have quite the hilarious good time with, and on account of your Dad.  Yes, at Turkey Point - and with Jake Sasser and Steve Romanowicz - not to mention Calvert Cliffs.

I'm very sorry for your and your family's loss. 

Best Wishes,  Hope (Story) Dowd-List

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #39 on: Apr 18, 2009, 09:25 »
Pete,

So sorry for your loss. Your dad was a legend in this business and a truly fun guy to be around. He helped make those long days at Turkey Point more fun than they had any right to be. He will be missed.
                                                                -Steve Holcomb
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

LaFeet

« Reply #40 on: Apr 22, 2009, 10:27 »
Pete   sorry,  I never met your father but Im sure I would've liked him.  Heard nothing but good things

God bless....  Paule

Offline radtech4coin

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #41 on: Apr 22, 2009, 11:29 »
Sorry to here about your dad. He was my first coordinator at HB Robinson in 82' Good man He will be missed. Tim Long

Offline DFR

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #42 on: Apr 24, 2009, 11:28 »
Pete

My prayers are with you.

"Lifes race well run.

Lifes work well done...

Lifes crown well worn..

Now, come rest"....

RIP Pete Sr.

David Romaine
David Romaine
President/CEO
Radiological Assessment Services, Inc

mountaingrl50

« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2009, 12:24 »
Pete,
WOW! Can't say enough about your loss. All my thoughts and Prayers to you and your Family. :'(  I know Ole Pete is in a much better place right now. Peaceful, happy and even seeing old friends! Hardest for us that are left around on this crazy planet.
Hope things are settling down for you and those around you. Look up with Love Pete!
Take care!
Deb Van Hecke(Grecco)

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #44 on: Apr 28, 2009, 01:57 »
Pete,   sorry for your loss....although I never met your father
I always heard the stories and wish I had.  I am sure he has moved to
a better place.

Barry

Offline fritzon

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #45 on: Apr 30, 2009, 05:19 »
 :(

Saludos Amigo,

I am truely sorry, to finally hear about your Dad passing away.  He and I shared 'Old Diver" stories, the one time I worked with him at Lucie.  From the little that I knew him, I could tell that he was a caring man, with many qualities I admired.  I know that he added to the lives of many a tech, and for that he is well remembered.  I hope that you keep on reading all the comments about him. 

Best to you and your family

Fritzon
Those who will not defend their freedom, have no right to live in a free society.

raymcginnis

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 10:41 »
I worked with your Dad at Turkey Point in 1980.  I was doing HP instrumentation for the first SGR there.  Although I did not crawl in the belly of the plant like usual, I got to meet all of the HPs at one time or another.  Many of them I do not remember.  Pete McAllister Sr, I do remember because one day, when I was frustrated with the lack of concern that technicians had for instruments (they were frisking wire brushes rather than just dispose of them, and popping tubes left and right).   I ran into your dad and he said some wise words to me that calmed me down.  After that, I invited him to the hidden shack in the back, any time that he had time.  He was one of the nicest and wisest people that I ever met.  One reason that I really loved him is because he loved the job just as much as I did.  I was never there just for the money, and neither was Pete.

I only stayed at the job a short while and I only remember a handful of people who were there.  I for sure remember Pete McAllister.  He was special to me, as he was to everyone there.  I am praying for you and your family, for God to ease the pain of the loss that I know that you all feel.  I feel it also.

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 01:22 »
Pete
Just heard about your dad am I am sorry for your loss.  My first Jr job was with IRM at Turkey working for Sr.  He taught me alot, and my Dad (Pappy) also started with Pete Sr.  I guess they are now working together again, telling stores and teaching the younger folks.  Whenever I hear his name I remember the craziness of that long ago Turkey Point generator outage.
Our prayers to your family.

Rick
Live Aloha

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 10:14 »
Decades ago my dad (Jack Brown) was working at Calvert Cliffs and fell ill. My mom was already in the hospital and I (a young 18) was chosen to travel up to be with my dad. I.R.M. put me on a train out of Ocala Florida and Mr. Pete had someone meet me at the station.

As I already knew Jake Sasser from growing up in Ocala, he was partnered with Steve R. and when my train pulled in I had two of the best bodyguards any girl could ask for.

Mr. Pete went wayyyy beyond being there; he handed me the keys to a rental car, 200.00 and even set me up with a room with some female techs. I could not have asked for anything better, he really took care of his own and I was proud to be included.

Later when I grew up and married Henry, we were on the road working with Mr. Pete at various other outages and I can honestly say, in the decades I have lived and worked in this business I have never heard anything but rave reviews for Pete McAllister.

hezabear

« Reply #49 on: Sep 10, 2009, 01:14 »
 :-[ :-[ Pete I am so sorry it took me so long to reply about your dads passing. I have been laid up with a bad foot and have not been on Nukeworker for months. It is a sad day when we lose one of the great ones. I remember him telling all of the deconners and jrs at Turkey Point that he got us out of the watermelon field and he would put us back there if we gave him any crap. God must have needed a coordinator for a big job. You and your family are in my prayers. So sorry for your loss. Take care my old friend. Always Brad
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2009, 04:38 by Camella Black »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?