Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Per Diem & Travel Pay

Author Topic: Per Diem & Travel Pay  (Read 84207 times)

Content1

Re: Per Diem & Travel Pay
« Reply #50 on: Apr 28, 2014, 05:13 »
Content1
I guess you should change your user name. Withouth knowing all the details there is a 89.56% you are getting screwed.

I won't change my name, you see my avatar, and I am truly a David fighting a goliath.  I fight for things when I am right.  I always wonder why in life, I am the chosen one for hassling.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014, 10:02 by Marlin »

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #51 on: Apr 28, 2014, 10:08 »
I won't change my name, you see my avatar, and I am truly a David fighting a goliath.  I fight for things when I am right.  I always wonder why in life, I am the chosen one for hassling.

Content - I take it the company with the "Blue Hats" happens tp be the one I work for - Give me a shout when you get a chance so you can run down the whole situation for me and then I can look into it on this end to find out what the issue is and hopefully get you any money owed.

Thanks
Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Chimera

« Reply #52 on: Apr 28, 2014, 11:03 »
I first worked for that company with the blue hard hats in 1984.  In all the years and jobs since, I have always been paid what I was told I would be paid - travel, per diem, wages, and, when applicable, bonuses.  A few times they have managed to surprise me by paying me more than I thought they would.  I wonder if some of these issues aren't self-inflicted because someone didn't make sure of the rules BEFORE the fact instead of complaining after the fact.

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #53 on: Apr 28, 2014, 11:07 »

I am confused, maybe not getting the whole story... are you asking for the mileage home and back paid per mile
at the federal rate (or the rate specified in the contract)... or are you asking for reimbusement of the train
ticket home and mileage back?  Or train ticket and other expenses (hotel, meals, etc) on the way home?

just curious...

Content1

« Reply #54 on: Apr 28, 2014, 11:56 »
I only asked for the train ride home and full travel back.  I am stating, however, according to the Travel section, if you travel under $600 miles per day you should not have to show any documentation.

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
« Reply #55 on: Apr 28, 2014, 12:25 »
I just read the section in the handbook.  My interpretation of it is that the receipts that they want are just to verify that you did indeed go home, this does not mean that they will pay those expenses. 

This would come into play if you (generally) went from plant A to home, then from home to plant B in less than a 7 day period.  This is to cover them with the utility in case someone who worked in (example) Michigan, had 4 days off and then went to work in Penn... their home is in Oregon...  pretty hard to say you drove there and back in 4 days.  Sometimes there may be a reason you had to go home in that small window, an airline ticket and boarding pass would prove you did.

I do not see anything in there that says they will pay anything other than the mileage.

again, this is just my opinion, I am not the expert in these matters...
but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once... :D

Content1

« Reply #56 on: Apr 29, 2014, 02:49 »
I wish they would pay the mileage.  The trip was over weeks ago, and they haven't  paid a dime.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2014, 01:31 »
I wish they would pay the mileage.  The trip was over weeks ago, and they haven't  paid a dime.

*bump*

did this get fixed?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2014, 10:27 »
*bump*

did this get fixed?

Now that supporting documentation has been provided the issue has been resolved and the check has been cut. 

Content1 - I appreciate your patience and cooperation in providing the documentation needed in order to get you reimbursed.   

As I've stated time and time again, should you have a problem, issue or concern w/how things are done, be it recruiting, expense reimbursement, pay roll, diem, etc... please contact me so that I can look into things and work  to get your issues resolved, concerns addressed and problems fixed.   

Y'all have a fantastic Memorial Day, and may God bless our military personnel both past and present. 

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Content1

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2014, 08:17 »
Eric is definitely the Angel at Bartlett.  I don't know what they will do when he retires.

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2014, 11:55 »
Never mind what Bartlett will do, What will we the workers in the field do??????  Who will be the GO TO person.

YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Content1

« Reply #61 on: Jun 24, 2015, 04:49 »
Are we devolving in the area of per diem?  The Army job in Iowa is advertised at $46/day.  I don't know if you can even find rooms at that rate, let alone buy food.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #62 on: Jun 24, 2015, 09:06 »
Are we devolving in the area of per diem?  The Army job in Iowa is advertised at $46/day.  I don't know if you can even find rooms at that rate, let alone buy food.

You mean 30x46= $1380/month wouldn't cover a modest apartment or weekly rate at a no-tell motel, plus McD's breakfast and supper at a local buffet? ;)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #63 on: Jun 24, 2015, 09:55 »
Are we devolving in the area of per diem?  The Army job in Iowa is advertised at $46/day.  I don't know if you can even find rooms at that rate, let alone buy food.

You mean 30x46= $1380/month wouldn't cover a modest apartment or weekly rate at a no-tell motel, plus McD's breakfast and supper at a local buffet? ;)

Housing is provided as part of the employment package,...

the $46.00/day is for M&IE,...

almost forgot,...[(sic),...4 beercort]
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2015, 09:56 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #64 on: Jun 24, 2015, 11:27 »
Housing is provided as part of the employment package,...

the $46.00/day is for M&IE,...

almost forgot,...[(sic),...4 beercort]

So you are fully compensated since the M&IE rate for the area is $46/day. Sounds like a good deal if you don't mind spending ~6 months in Iowa.

Content1

« Reply #65 on: Jun 24, 2015, 11:59 »
At Duane Arnold per diem was double that.  Iowa is not that much cheaper than anywhere else.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #66 on: Jun 24, 2015, 12:05 »
At Duane Arnold per diem was double that.  Iowa is not that much cheaper than anywhere else.

So you received double the GSA rate?
GSA combined rate is $129/day
Housing is $83 per GSA. In this case housing is provided so the $83 doesn't apply.
M&IE is $46 per GSA. Which you would be compensated for.

I guess I have a hard time seeing where you would be getting the short straw on this deal. No rent or utilities to be responsible for and they are paying full rate for M&IE.

Content1

« Reply #67 on: Jun 24, 2015, 01:46 »
Housing provided is a double edged sword.  Is individual or shared?  Is internet and cable provided?  Are kitchens included or must you eat out?  This is not the normal situation for contractors.  Those of us who served in the military like to get away from work when we are off.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #68 on: Jun 24, 2015, 09:03 »
Housing provided is a double edged sword.  Is individual or shared?  Is internet and cable provided?  Are kitchens included or must you eat out?  This is not the normal situation for contractors.  Those of us who served in the military like to get away from work when we are off.

well.fricken wahhhh! did yew log in, apply, call, oar udderwise tri two ascerain this info? aye did knot, as eye am gainfully employed at this thyme. butt, eye have done many jobs ware housing was supplied. never had too double up, always at a decent motel. most military support hp jobs where motels, although the occasional b.o.q. was used. you can't eat and drink on $46/day, yinze got a problem.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

SpringChinook

« Reply #69 on: Jun 25, 2015, 06:09 »
I know this is 12 years after the original post but I will answer anyways... ::)

Wolf Creek: $110/day
STP: $115/day
Palo Verde: $110/day
Columbia: $110/day

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #70 on: Jun 26, 2015, 01:33 »
  -K

well.fricken wahhhh! did yew log in, apply, call, oar udderwise tri two ascerain this info? aye did knot, as eye am gainfully employed at this thyme. butt, eye have done many jobs ware housing was supplied. never had too double up, always at a decent motel. most military support hp jobs where motels, although the occasional b.o.q. was used. you can't eat and drink on $46/day, yinze got a problem. 
  +K

Been through the "BOQ" lodging provided (single room with bath) (nice kitchen if you want to eat alone) and much nicer accommodations.

If you like the rate take it, if you don't someone else will!
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Funk123

• Lurker
« Reply #71 on: Sep 05, 2015, 03:06 »
Does anyone know do you receive per diem for watts bar outage?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Sep 06, 2015, 02:46 »
Does anyone know do you receive per diem for watts bar outage?

What craft?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #73 on: Sep 09, 2015, 08:27 »
Part of the great secret.  We try to live on as little as possible to pocket the excess money like a pay raise.  When they provide the room, you loose that benefit. The whole purpose of a job is not to see the USA on your resume', it is to make and keep as much net money as possible.  It is the capitalist's way.

just so long as you are telling the IRS you are doing that,...

and do not paint ALL nukeworkers with the same broad brush,...

pay is pay,...

per diem is per diem,...

and the expectation is that ALL the per diem is used to cover ALL of the expenses,...

per diem IS NOT a pay raise nor is it pay,...

pay is taxable,...regardless of the income source,...

to admit otherwise is to scoff the law,...

scoffing the law is not nuclear,...

can we move past this now?!?!?!?!?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #74 on: Sep 09, 2015, 09:05 »
pay is pay,...

per diem is per diem,...

and the expectation is that ALL the per diem is used to cover ALL of the expenses,...
True, and getting closer to or at the GSA rate allows you live a little easier while on the road.

can we move past this now?!?!?!?!?

Not likely, it is just some people's nature to complain. Some people could crap gold bricks and complain about their butt hurting.

"If you ain't b1tch1n' you ain't happy!" -my platoon sergeant

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?