Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Per Diem & Travel Pay

Author Topic: Per Diem & Travel Pay  (Read 84216 times)

Bob

Per Diem & Travel Pay
« on: Mar 26, 2003, 06:48 »
What is the average per diem rate being paid to the HP techs?
Please list plant and what you received. Thanks.

Doc_REM

Re: Per diem
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2003, 06:52 »
Plant Hatch is $85.00 a day

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2003, 07:07 »
Limerick was $90, Saint Lucie is $95.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2003, 07:14 »
What is the average per diem rate being paid to the HP techs?
Please list plant and what you received. Thanks.

Bob,

Follow this link to see a summary of Fall 2001 Wages and Per diem rates.  Of course, these rates are 1.5 years old, but it will give you a good threshold.

http://www.nukeworker.com/shop/outage_schedules/fall_2001_outage_schedule_w_wages.htm

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2003, 10:32 »
Hi Bob,
Nine Mile Point $85
Prairie Island $80
San Onofre $85 (way too low)
Salem/Hope Creek $100
Pickering CDN$150 (for >75km) CDN$75 (for locals <75km)
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2003, 03:44 »
Cooper: $85.00, not nearly enough! Ask for the Cooper discount at the local motels, etc. Hah.... [smiley=argue.gif]
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2003, 04:34 »
indian pt is 105 aday and thats not even close to being enough. =D  =D  :-? [smiley=angry.gif] the cost of living uphere is more like 210 a day.
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

Touche

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2003, 12:10 »
Susquehanna $85/day

Melrose

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2003, 01:13 »
:o
Perry is paying NMP Techs(Bozos)135.00 a DAY while they're paying contract workers alot less

Doc_REM

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2003, 01:41 »
D.C. Cook is $75.00 a day...should be some where around $85 to 90.00 a day 8)

radghost

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2003, 02:34 »
Fermi is $85.00/day, although per diem rates (irs allowable) is 159.00 for Detroit and is 103.00 for Toledo, fermi's halfway in between. You can find perdiem rates @ www.policyworks.gov/perdiem for your area. If'n anybody would want to see a little relief due to short outages and increased travel maybe we should ask for comparable perdiem.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2003, 06:40 »
:o
Perry is paying NMP Techs(Bozos)135.00 a DAY while they're paying contract workers alot less

yinze got a phone fer nmp?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

hatched

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2003, 10:21 »
Riverbend=$85.00;   Pilgrim=$100.00

SD

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2003, 02:40 »

Bob,

Follow this link to see a summary of Fall 2001 Wages and Per diem rates.  Of course, these rates are 1.5 years old, but it will give you a good threshold.

http://www.nukeworker.com/shop/outage_schedules/fall_2001_outage_schedule_w_wages.htm

oldtimer

Non-PerDiem Sites
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2004, 09:35 »
 ??? Does everyone keep all their receipts for expences or is there a standard daily firgure that can be taken legally on your tax return. Last year was my first encounter with higher pay in lieu of per-diem

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Per Diem/Travel "Take Back"
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2004, 07:53 »
A couple of the techs & deconners drug up on the last job I was at.  The company we were working for deducted a week's per diem plus their travel pay TO the site from their last check.  Two questions :

1.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?

2.  Is there ANY way this is legal?  I always thought the travel was ours as soon as we passed the entrance exam(s) and assumed if you worked the time, you got the diem...  (I know I have quit a couple jobs and never lost anything that had already been paid to me...)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

bill_b

Re: Per Diem/Travel "Take Back"
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:21 »
First time I saw the take back Line was in proceesing for Duke last year.

Tech-A

« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2004, 09:56 »
I just quit @Duke Power and I think they took more than that. But I will be talking to a lawyer soon. I dont see how its legal. If there are more Techs out there that this has happened to should respond to this post, this might turn into a class action suit.

stownsend

« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2004, 04:01 »
This happened at Oyster leak in 83/84 with NSS.They had everyone sign a three month commitment ,and 40hours+ per diem if we left prior .This never held up as it was written one-way.They could lay you off if they saw fit.Talk to the Labor board first ,its free.No one can deduct anything from your pay with out you authorizing it.If they feel they are due money from you they have to get a court judgement .Don't delay.

duke99301

« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2004, 04:24 »
I took a problem like that to the NLRB and won the case aginst bartlett. they ruled per deim and travel are wages and they had to send me back my pay .
good luck

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:48 »
A couple of the techs & deconners drug up on the last job I was at.  The company we were working for deducted a week's per diem plus their travel pay TO the site from their last check.  Two questions :

1.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?

2.  Is there ANY way this is legal? 

Seen it myself several times by different companies. Never had it happen to me cause I always worked til they told me to DFR.
Legal? Ethical? Right/Wrong? probably depends on a case by case basis of why someone drag up.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

alphadude

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:04 »
its legal when you sign a conditions of employment.  did you sign anything? 

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #23 on: Mar 24, 2004, 07:22 »
Thanks for all the input...I'll pass it on to the interested parties...

KARMA ALL AROUND!
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

ELT(SSN)

Travel Reimbursement Penalty
« Reply #24 on: Sep 04, 2004, 10:39 »
     A nuclear staffing company (unnamed) has offered me a THREE week job with the possibility of an extension. They are paying half the travel up front and half after FOUR weeks on the job but require me to forfeit all of the money if I leave before FOUR weeks. 
      1. Is this a common policy in the business?
      2. Are there laws against travel pay blackmail?
Thanks,
ELT(SS)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?