Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Timeframe from Interview to Job Offer

Author Topic: Timeframe from Interview to Job Offer  (Read 16297 times)

Offline BLSJOB090317

• Very Lite User
  • Ready to Begin Career With SC
Timeframe from Interview to Job Offer
« on: Apr 02, 2009, 03:16 »
Recently Interviewed for Security Position with Southern Company.  I really think the interview went well.  Does anyone know how long or what is the normal time span before receiving a job offer call?  I am under the impression that a background check may be done following the interview.  How long does this take?  What is the normal process?  Patiently waiting. I understand that it is a general process and may take some time. Just curious.  Thanks for any comments......
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2009, 06:17 by BLSJOB090317 »
"Be Patient, Good Things Come To Those Who Wait..."

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Re: Timeframe from Interview to Job Offer
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:48 »
Assume that it will take 6-8 weeks.  Possible even longer.  Southern Company HR isn't too fast.  Did they give you a time frame during interview?  Which plant? 

Good luck
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline BLSJOB090317

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2009, 12:58 »
Thank you, Grantime, kindly for your post.  Interviewed with Farley Nuclear week before last... I have been wanting to work there for a long time ... Looks like that chance is finally on its way...They wound up their interviews last Friday.  I was just curious and wondering of the next steps after the interview as well as the time frames.  Possibly what to expect next... I think Farley is a great place to work...  and I don't mind working...

I appreciate your comments....

["Good things come to those who wait..."]

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2009, 03:46 »
It takes longer than you would reasonable expect to make these kind of decisions.  It takes at least a month for filling an in house promotion after the interviews.  There is a recommended candidate submitted at end of the interview process.  Several different levels have to sign off and since we are in an outage some of them are busy with other things.

Good luck.  I've been at Farley since 1986. 
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2009, 07:11 »
Best of Luck

Offline BLSJOB090317

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2009, 10:48 »
Thanks Grantime!!!! Your comments are very helpful and very appreciated.  I know it takes time to make important decisions and I am geared up and ready to go! 

I think this site is a great informational source for people to communicate and get answers to their questions. 

You have been a great source of answers for me.  I didn't know how long the process takes but now at least I have some idea.  I have applied, tested and passed, and interviewed.  Please feel free to post any additional comments in the process of what to expect.

Thanks again!!!!

Thank you also Jason K for your comment as well!!!!

Offline BLSJOB090317

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:07 »
 :)

Well I received an email saying I was placed in a pool of test skills qualified candidates and did not get selected for employment this time.  But that's ok.  I will keep trying and won't give up and hopefully Farley will give me a chance to show my worth to them some day.  I have tried for years to get in there and will keep trying and hopefully I'll make it. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?