Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Anyone in training? honeypot

Author Topic: Anyone in training?  (Read 5369 times)

Offline STF

• Light User
Anyone in training?
« on: Apr 04, 2009, 11:36 »
I have been looking at getting into a nuke training department.  So anybody around here doing training?

Fermi2

Re: Anyone in training?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2009, 03:07 »
Nah the NUke Industry stopped training about 26 months ago.

Mike

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2009, 04:40 »
Wow, walked right into that one, you did. ouch! STF meet BZ, BZ meet STF.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

kp88

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2009, 08:37 »

Mike

I used to think that.  Now, I am completely committed to a partnership between the line and training programs.
 ;)

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2009, 09:23 »
*Laughs* at Mike  :D

If you have or have held a SRO license there are opportunities to get into training in almost every part of the country. 

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2009, 02:40 »

Mike

*Laughs* at Mike  :D

If you have or have held a SRO license there are opportunities to get into training in almost every part of the country. 

You realize, of course, that the context of BZ's reply was that Nuclear stopped receiving training from BZ. Just wanted to clarify  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2009, 05:47 by HydroDave63 »

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2009, 06:38 »
I have been looking at getting into a nuke training department.  So anybody around here doing training?

STF:

It all depends upon what area of nuclear training you're interested in. As "Jams" noted, it you have (or had) an SRO license or certification, you can pretty much write your own paycheck.

You haven't said what area you're interested in: Electrical, Mechanical Maintenance, Instruments and Controls, Chemistry, Radiation Protection, Operations.

VC Summer Nuclear Station (Jenkinsville, SC) is boosting its' staff of Operations instructors (hiring folks right-off-the-boat) in preparations for Units 2 & 3 (the Westinghouse AP-1000) slated for operation in 2016.

I would add one more thing. Be sure you have knowledge and experience in the area you wish to teach. Folks in nuclear are typically sharp-as-a-tack, and they can pick-up-in-a-minute that you don't know what you're talking about, and aren't shy to tell you so (voice of experience)!

« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2009, 08:00 by RP Instructor »

Offline STF

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2009, 09:24 »
I am an Electrical Instructor and are looking at that possibility.  I thank BZ for the interpretation!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?