Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Going Nuke

Author Topic: Going Nuke  (Read 3937 times)

Fossil

Going Nuke
« on: Apr 05, 2009, 11:25 »
Hey guys, I have been lurking around nukeworker.com for awhile and finally decided to ask a couple of questions... I was wondering what you guys think about the programs that Bismarck State College offers. Specifically the AAS in Nuclear Power Technology program.
I just got out of the Navy a year ago and have been working as an Aux. Operator at a Fossil plant for the last year and I am really interested in the nuke side. I was not a nuke in the Navy though, I was an Aviation Electronics Tech. Do you think I will be competitive enough to get in an NLO position?

Fermi2

Re: Going Nuke
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2009, 11:59 »
Absolutely!

Mike

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2009, 11:59 »
Working on the fossil side will definitely be a plus.  Does the company you're presently working for have any nukes in their fleet?  I don't know anything about the Bismarck program but I don't know that you'd necessarily need it to get your foot in the door actually.  
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2009, 12:13 »
I used to work with one of the Bismarck instructors...it's a good program and money well spent!

Fossil

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2009, 12:45 »
Thanks for all of the quick responses. My company does have one nuke plant. I will definately be putting in for that plant when they open up a position. I am very interested in nuclear power and very excited to hopefully get in.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2009, 09:51 »
I have seen Entergy job postings in the job adds so just throwing this in the forum before they post it.

Entergy is hiring NLO's at two sites; Vermont Yankee and ANO.

Must apply online:  http://www.entergy.com/Careers

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?