Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Pre-Hire Medical Exam Question? honeypot

Author Topic: Pre-Hire Medical Exam Question?  (Read 6974 times)

johnniefive

Pre-Hire Medical Exam Question?
« on: Apr 09, 2009, 02:57 »
Hello, I am seeking to work in ops and had an interview the other day.  I will possibly be getting a call back in the middle of May.  My predicament is that I tore my ACL a month and a half ago, and I have the opportunity to have surgery the beginning of May.  If I am then required to pass a medical exam near the end of May, is my knee going to preclude me from getting the job?  Do you have to exhibit leg strength in the exam or is it just a blood pressure, medication, weight, cough-cough type o' thing?

I question because I will probably elect not to have the surgery now and do so in the future in order to take the job.  Thanks for helping me out...

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Pre-Hire Medical Exam Question?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2009, 11:26 »
No, no leg strength type of test.  Blood test, chest x-ray, cough cough kinda exam.  You should be fine.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2009, 06:16 »
My pre-hire exam included a 'run-in-place/jump-up-and-down' portion and a 'balance-on-each-leg' portion.  Not sure how bad your leg is, but...

Hope it goes good for you!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

johnniefive

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:28 »
Sweet... so I know nothing.    ::)

On a more positive note, thank you both kindly for your responses.  Guess I'll have to leave it up to the good Lord.  Shalom.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:31 »
Sweet... so I know nothing.    ::)

On a more positive note, thank you both kindly for your responses.  Guess I'll have to leave it up to the good Lord.  Shalom.

Check your PM box.

Dave

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2009, 07:58 »
We have to ride the exercise bike for 5 minutes while they monitor our heart rate.
Good Luck

stownsend

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2009, 09:24 »
what about the finger up the but?
In the twelve hours since you found this site you have really impressed me and I'm sure many others who would go out on a limb to guide you.Don't worry, no one here has any influence in the nuke world you seek to enter.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?