Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bill Kono

Author Topic: Bill Kono  (Read 9165 times)

Offline imbucky

• Light User
Bill Kono
« on: Apr 13, 2009, 09:14 »
 :(

With deep sadness I must pass on this information,

Our friend, Bill Kono, Radiation Protection Technician has passed away after a long battle with cancer.

Bill worked as a full time employee at Point Beach for the last 11 years, and years before that as a contract RP technician dating back to 1988.

Bill loved his family, his friends, and being an RP tech.

Bill will be sadly missed by all, especially our RP department.

Bill always said that if anything......he always had the memories......

We'll miss our good friend....thanks for the memories!

Our sympathy goes out to Bob Kono, Radiation Protection Tech and the rest of the Kono family.

Funeral arrangements will follow as they become available.

Bucky Ihlenfeldt
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

radbrat

Re: Bill Kono
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2009, 10:23 »
Bucky, Let the Kono's know Jill and Steve are thinking of them.  S&J

Offline mlinkrpt

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2009, 10:11 »
Sorry to hear about Bill.  He will be missed.  I'll make sure his friends down my way find out the sad news.  Keep your chin up, Bill would want it that way. 

Link @ DAEC
o0o0o0  o0o0o0o0o0

Offline peachie

• Light User
  • It's my own private, personal, private business.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:16 »
Bucky, 

Please pass along my condolences to Bill's family and to everyone there at Point Beach.  Bill was one of the most easygoing individuals I had met during my short time there.  I know he will be missed by many.

Michael "Peachie" Kehn
Better living through chemistry.

refuelflunkie

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:52 »
One of my best memories of Bill was his No Fear T-shirt he wore every other day.
"It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye."

RIP Bill

Patrick Ellis

Offline imbucky

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2009, 05:21 »
Thanks to all that have sent there regards, all of us here appreciate it as well as Bill's family....
Not sure who the easy going guy was? Bill? Cumon? LOL.....he'd love that one......
It sucks to lose a guy like Bill. He was a good friend, a great father, a great family man, and one of the best RP's I had the chance to learn from......

All that knew Bill would agree that he would want us all to have one on him.....

Cheers Bill!!

Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2009, 10:48 »
Had the privelage to work with Bill at PI in the early 90's.  Remembering turning over to him at a control point.  "I'll keep AN eye on it for you!"

bogeyplus1

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2009, 01:29 »
My condolences to his family and friends at Point Beach.  Bill was always a pleasure to work with and will be missed.

DWSLUG

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2009, 04:54 »
  My sympathy goes out to the Kono family and friends. Bill was a great guy to work with and will be sadly missed. Bill left a lot of memories with us....... :(

TL

slattmandu

« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2009, 01:13 »
My sympathies to the Kono family on losing Bill. I worked with him at Kewaunee and Point Beach a bunch of outages. I'm sorry to hear another good RP technician has passed. From my family to your family, our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of grieving!                   Slatts

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2009, 01:51 »
Deepest condolences to the family....

I remember when Bill started out and how quick and eager
he was to learn....he always said it was much better than
working on the ships....I also remember all the $$$ I lost to him playing pool..  He will be missed.....

Barry

blackballedsnake

« Reply #11 on: Aug 09, 2009, 02:33 »
My sincerest condolenses to the Kono family. I worked with him from '89-'92 at KNPP and PBNP. He will be missed.   - Snake.

Cainnibl

« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2009, 03:36 »
Bill Kono was my father, my best friend, and my mentor.  I'm so glad he met so many people who cared for him. Bucky, Mark, and Dale, you guys will always be part of our family and i love you all.

I only had the pleasure of working 1 outage with Bill on the same shift. But he was easily one of the good people you remember. Didn't always talk much but when he had something to say... you heard it. LOL And "Kono corner" in the RP office area seemed to be the place everyone liked to sit when there was room. Just make sure you get your a** up and give the chair back if you saw Bill or Bob on there way. :) I would have liked the chance to work with him directly.

Best wishes to his family... Tikki, keep your head up and as always "Smile!"

-Caine

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?