Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jack L Brooks

Author Topic: Jack L Brooks  (Read 5140 times)

DesertRad

Jack L Brooks
« on: Apr 20, 2009, 12:55 »
Jack L Brooks passed away on 4/19/09 due to injuries suffered in an automobile accident near Blackfoot Idaho.

Jack had most recently worked as Radiological Engineer for the Idaho Cleanup Project  D&D group and had spent many years previous at SONGS also as a Rad Engineer.

Jack you will be missed... God Bless You
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009, 12:01 by MuleyHunter »

Offline fritzon

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Jack L Brooks
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2009, 05:29 »
 :(

Sorry to hear about Jack passing.  I was at Songs with him in my early career, and have one funny story about Jack and Mary, that I have kept to myself most of the time.  I know, that's rare for me, but I will tell all now. 

Peter Knapp was the over all RPM, and while being extreemly educated, Peter was a common knowledge challanged person.  Jack's wife Mary, got out of the nuclear Navy, and was hired at Songs.  Some whiney, bedwetting, snivvling cry baby, complained that there was some rule about having a husband and wife working in the same dept.  Peter said, and this is a direct quote..

"I don't know what to do, I either have to lay Mary, or Jack off."  For several seconds, you could have heard the perverbial pin drop... then the unstoppable laughter broke out, with Peter completely at a loss for what he said.  You can all ask Russell Gray, and John Albers if you have any doubts to the verasity of this story...

Those who will not defend their freedom, have no right to live in a free society.

Offline Longtime Nuke

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2009, 11:40 »
That is a classic, Russ.  Nice.

Jack was a very smart guy.  Oozed common sense, never any BS.  Genuine.  Terrible news.

Offline galent

• Light User
  • Somebody toss me a crumb, will ya?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 03:11 »
I had the great pleasure of working with and getting to know Jack as a Radiological Engineer at the INL.

When the accident occurred, Jack was just getting ready to come back to work at the INL. I had the pleasure of meeting his sons, stepdaughter, wife and ex-wife at the memorial service as well as many neighbors who knew him and spoke of him fondly. Many neighbors and their families showed up at the service to express their condolences. His youngest son is considering following in Jack's footsteps in the nuclear navy. Jack the rare knack for figuring out the answers to complex problems.

He is greatly missed by all who knew him. God bless you Jack.

Offline Ikesss

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2010, 07:43 »

I remember the first time Russ told that story...Boy can he tell them...I was on the ship with both Jack and Mary. Definitely miss him

That is a classic, Russ.  Nice.

Jack was a very smart guy.  Oozed common sense, never any BS.  Genuine.  Terrible news.
I had the great pleasure of working with and getting to know Jack as a Radiological Engineer at the INL.

When the accident occurred, Jack was just getting ready to come back to work at the INL. I had the pleasure of meeting his sons, stepdaughter, wife and ex-wife at the memorial service as well as many neighbors who knew him and spoke of him fondly. Many neighbors and their families showed up at the service to express their condolences. His youngest son is considering following in Jack's footsteps in the nuclear navy. Jack the rare knack for figuring out the answers to complex problems.

He is greatly missed by all who knew him. God bless you Jack.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?