Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Shoreham honeypot

Author Topic: Shoreham  (Read 35857 times)

Offline Mark C

• Very Lite User
Re: Shoreham
« Reply #25 on: Mar 01, 2014, 03:06 »
Nope, pretty much looks the same inside as the day I left in October of 94.  They knocked down a few of the butler buildings on the west side of the plant put up a couple of wind turbines, and a new gas turbine up by the old black start gas turbine, and added a transmission line for the cross sound power cable that goes over to CT, but other than that and needing some paint and landscaping it looks about the same as it has for 40 years.
Mark Canning
Electrical Engineer
Shoreham Decommissioning 91-94
Yankee Rowe Decommissioning 95-99
Connecticut Yankee Decommissioning 99-2001

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2014, 03:10 »
Great pics. I am forwarding to my buddies who worked there!

Offline Mark C

• Very Lite User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 06, 2016, 10:04 »
Heres a YouTube video of a pair of youths (I can say that now that I'm an old dude) filming inside Shoreham dated September 16 of 2016.  45 minutes.  Haven't seen it all yet, they just worked their way up to the turbine deck at this point a couple of minutes in.

And a different one:

And a continuation of the second one, mostly the admin and engineering buildings:

« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2016, 11:04 by Mark C »
Mark Canning
Electrical Engineer
Shoreham Decommissioning 91-94
Yankee Rowe Decommissioning 95-99
Connecticut Yankee Decommissioning 99-2001

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?