Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Shoreham honeypot

Author Topic: Shoreham  (Read 35856 times)

HAIRDUDE

Shoreham
« on: Mar 22, 2004, 02:15 »
1992 to 1995 at Shoreham had to be the most fun I've ever had in this biz. The people were like a second family. Volleyball/basketball at lunch, the local deli that set up tents on site for breakfast, Jimmy and the roach coach, Rumors, Avenues, Gallagher's First Round Draft Choice, Sunday softball double-headers, Party at Stu and Brenda's house, The Two By Four, Darts team, Bowling... The good memories just go on and on. Got any good stories? This is the place to put 'em. To any alumnists that read this....I miss all of you!

Floyd Flanigan
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2005, 06:09 by Rennhack »

alphadude

Re: Shoreham 1992-1995, Were you there?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2004, 04:34 »
all i got was a piece of the vessel when they drilled it

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:27 »
Yah....But how many chances does a tech get to walk around in the core barrel or the spent fuel pit? It was a cool gig.

Floyd

moodusjack

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 06:37 »
Heck with 92-95.  Where are the guys who were with me when they got their 5% merit badge (circa 1985)?

We had some times back there too.  Judge's was home (literally, remember the boarding rooms) to some of us. 

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:47 »
Thanks for moving this to a better location HydroDave! 8)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2004, 11:05 »
Thanks for moving this to a better location HydroDave! 8)

just smack the little button on the left...thankee!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2004, 11:23 »
Which one?
(Happy to bump yours up a little) ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

littlebittime

Re: Shoreham
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:41 »
I was in shoreham from 1986- 1990  hubby worked there... I drank there.  (Murphy's Frat House... Dek's)  We played softball ... football (I swear no one told me it was two hand touch... and I really didn't mean to jerk that guys arm out of it's socket... but he was running with the ball ..what was I supposed to do?  They put him back together... I think.)

It was a wonderful time!  Ah to be young(er) again.

Phil75

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2005, 08:18 »
I was there in 82 and 83. It was like living in a fish bowl, or was it more like living inside a an during a game of kick the can? Anyway I guess the atmosphere was more relaxed after they gave up on opening the plant. I did have fun on the island. I remember flooding the bathroom of the tuck me inn. The first and only time I was thrown out of such an establishment.

Ric_Flitton

« Reply #9 on: Sep 17, 2007, 10:02 »
I was there and it was fun.  By the way, does anyone still have the photo of the tug pulling the barge and IF-300 cask with all the techs signatures?

Offline Mark C

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2010, 04:30 »
Those are probably the Colt Diesels that were installed in the building near the UE&C Catalytic Building east of the intake structure.  300 million was about the installed cost of that building and the diesels within after the original TDI diesels failed their 100 hour acceptance testing in 1985.  Theres no place on that site to store 300 million gallons of Fuel Oil.
Mark Canning
Electrical Engineer
Shoreham Decommissioning 91-94
Yankee Rowe Decommissioning 95-99
Connecticut Yankee Decommissioning 99-2001

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2011, 12:36 »
Yup ... I drives by there plenty. Matter of fact, I go fishing right across the Wading River from the old parking lot. Not so much spooky as nostalgic. I can remember diving for lobsters in my jeans and swim fins/snorkle with Dave Fleetwood and Jon Ray right off the jetty at the edge of that same parking lot. Now they have it all blocked off as a nesting ground for native birds. What a place. Lots of good memories from there.

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2011, 01:33 »
I'll try to swing by there and snap some shots this weekend. I'll post them on Facebook. Look me up at "Billy Flanigan". I use my middle name (William) on there to avoid confusion ... or to create more confusion ... can't remember which it is these days ...   :  )

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2011, 03:23 »
i was there probably 94-95  anyone remember manny?i worked for him

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2011, 03:26 »
Manny Lilumpachus? Yup. He actually works here at Brookhaven now. He's still kickin' around.

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2011, 03:56 »
never knew his last name butthose glassess were awesome!!we would always make fun of him after he yelled at us LOL

Offline Mark C

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:34 »
Heres the Front Gate this Summer.

The main gate is the ivy section of fence just to the right of center, the other gate to the left goes up to the old satellite parking lot.

Heres the westside of the plant taken from the boat ramp across the Wading River Creek.

Notice the plants climbing up the side of the admin and radwaste buildings.  The bushes in front are along the side of the main access road leading to the old LILCO parking lot.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011, 10:37 by Mark C »
Mark Canning
Electrical Engineer

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2011, 12:26 »
You can upload those to our Shoreham photo gallery here:

http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/upload.php

Offline spikeree

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2011, 09:59 »
I left Shoreham in spring of 93" I had a lot of fun there!

Offline spikeree

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:03 »
hairdude,
 I do not recognize you at all?
 who did you work for at shoreham?
 Do you remember when Parker pissed in Morley's shampoo?

Offline spikeree

• Light User
« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:07 »
Floyd do you have any pix of yourself from the days of Shoreham?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2011, 11:50 »
Floyd do you have any pix of yourself from the days of Shoreham?

I do,....heheheheh,... ;)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #22 on: Sep 21, 2012, 09:43 »
Uh oh ..... Somebody has pics of me from back then? That might be good or bad ;)

Offline Mark C

• Very Lite User
« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:17 »
Heres a picture of the Shoreham Control Room taken last month

Heres the calendar sitting on the shift supervisors Desk

Found it on this site, whole bunch of others there;

http://www.scoutingny.com/scouting-a-decommissioned-nuclear-power-plant/

How many knew that they filmed part of the movie "The Dictator" on the turbine deck and control room of Shoreham.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014, 03:03 by Mark C »
Mark Canning
Electrical Engineer

Fermi2

« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:54 »
Mark wow I thought it was a greenfield. Thank you so much!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?