Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Angra Brasil honeypot

Author Topic: Angra Brasil  (Read 12525 times)

Chernobyl

Angra Brasil
« on: Apr 30, 2009, 03:33 »
Where is the posts for the Angra outage in Brasil?
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2009, 07:23 by Rennhack »

Offline Rad Bimmer

• Light User
Re: Angra Brasil
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2009, 05:04 »
Where is the posts for the Angra outage in Brasil?

Thats an excellent question to ask the administrator. Hopefully we can get an honest answer.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2009, 07:24 by Rennhack »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2009, 06:49 »
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2009, 06:50 by Marlin »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2009, 07:23 »
It took me all of two seconds to find this:

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,16525.msg103594/topicseen.html#new

::)

The folks at Angra, and many of the folks that posted on the thread asked that we remove the posting. I moved it to the Gold Member area.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:45 »
Membership has it's privileges!!!  8)

Offline Rad Bimmer

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 03:42 »
I know many of the folks that posted on that thread, including myself, and highly doubt that they'd ask the thread to be removed. Pretty disturbing when all of a sudden now we have to pay a fee to express an opinion.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 04:13 »
I know many of the folks that posted on that thread, including myself, and highly doubt that they'd ask the thread to be removed. Pretty disturbing when all of a sudden now we have to pay a fee to express an opinion.

Thats an untrue statement.  You can srart your own Angra Brasil thread just like your friend Chernobyl did.  Or you can use his.  No one siad that all conversations were in the GM area.  The the conversation that was asked to be removed.

You might think you know the posters, but THREE of them asked me to remove the postings.

work thru lunch

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 04:20 »
I bet it was from the ones who got in trouble for stuff that was posted on the thread down at angra???
I found it funny that those posts were up for almost 3 months and no one said anything the one day all hell broke lose about them here??????

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 04:23 »
I bet it was from the ones who got in trouble for stuff that was posted on the thread down at angra???
I found it funny that those posts were up for almost 3 months and no one said anything the one day all hell broke lose about them here??????

It WAS from the ones that got in trouble.  They said it would help them be in less trouble.  -- I want all my fellow techs to be in less trouble.  So I complied.  Just like I would if it was YOU that were in trouble.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 04:28 »
It WAS from the ones that got in trouble.  They said it would help them be in less trouble.  -- I want all my fellow techs to be in less trouble.  So I complied.  Just like I would if it was YOU that were in trouble.
Oh OK now  understand.
If it helps our fellow techs not be in trouble than thats a good thing.
thanksfor explaining  mike
RB
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:32 by RadBastard »

Offline Rad Bimmer

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 04:36 »
Thats an untrue statement.  You can srart your own Angra Brasil thread just like your friend Chernobyl did.  Or you can use his.  No one siad that all conversations were in the GM area.  The the conversation that was asked to be removed.

You might think you know the posters, but THREE of them asked me to remove the postings.

START a new one or KEEP this one, then once one reads something that bothers them, the result would be the same thing that happened like the ORIGINAL thread. With all due respect my friend, I don't think so.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 05:33 »
START a new one or KEEP this one, then once one reads something that bothers them, the result would be the same thing that happened like the ORIGINAL thread. With all due respect my friend, I don't think so.

There you have it folks, 100% proof that you can not please 100% of the people 100% of the time.  This guy would rather have his fellow techs fired so he can bitch about something he has control over.  What a class act.

Offline Rad Bimmer

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 07:19 »
There you have it folks, 100% proof that you can not please 100% of the people 100% of the time.  This guy would rather have his fellow techs fired so he can bitch about something he has control over.  What a class act.

Well my friend, you are taking what I commented out of context. I don't like or support workers getting fired and FYI those techs were let go anyway.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 08:13 »
Well my friend, you are taking what I commented out of context. I don't like or support workers getting fired and FYI those techs were let go anyway.

I'm very sorry to hear that they got let go.

The only context I have to go on is what you posted, I quoted the entire message that you posted.  I apologize if the way I understood your message is is not the way you you intended for your message to be understood.  Perhaps next time you could be more clear and concise.  I have re-read your posting, and it still sounds the same to me.

Back to the topic of Angra Brasil:  It's a shame that the technicians that went to Brazil expected that the country was as developed at the US.  It's also a shame that the folks at Angra let them go for speaking their mind in an open forum (if that's what happened.  I wasn't their, I don't know what happened.)  We started NukeWorker so people could share their experience with job sites and companies.  Both the positive experiences and the negative experiences.  They are both important to know and understand.  Only with a honest exchange of information can we learn from our mistakes and improve.  That why most nuclear pants have employee concerns programs.

Oh well.  With the 41 RCT job openings in the job board, I'm sure the folks that got let go already have employment.  Good luck to everyone involved, both the folks that got let go, and the folks that are still there.

Offline Rad Bimmer

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 01:33 »
Yes its very unfortunate. Anyways, I would say about less than 40 % of the techs who came down here to work knew exactly what they were expecting going into Brazil. Of course its a country that looks not nearly as modern as the United States. I myself knew what to expect being that I have visited 3rd world countries. Brazil isn't exactly 3rd World but rather second world. Its has one of the biggest emerging economies of the world and its the greenest country. Brazil is a prime example of where the United States wants to be as far as being an energy independent country. It has everything. It produces its own ethanol, natural gas, alcohol for fuel consumption, oil, gas, and of course wind and nuclear energy for power generation. Vehicles driven over here are small and almost all have FLEX technology. You hardly see a big truck or a luxury car on the road. The country is beautiful, people are very nice and very humble, food, even though at times very salty or sweet, tastes good. A country that is more than 9 million square miles would probably take you a year a two to discover every beauty that this country has.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 05:38 »
I have found it to be true that a person can post really anything they want to say on this web site however, how long that post stays on the site is anyones guess. It's amazing the things that get deleted. This post probably will too.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  We only delete posts that are off topic.  People care free to say what they want, as lontg as it's on topic.  If its off topic, they need to start their own new thread.

If the moderators are deleting posts that comply with the sites rules, then I need to know about it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:39 by Rennhack »

11 for 12

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 06:50 »
Here is something that isn't off topic.

When all the techs came to brazil not 1 and, I mean not 1 was told they would be getting paid 11 for 12 until after they got here.
Just a little to late to leave after that!
That was a little deceptive don't you think.
I'm sure bartlett was afraid that to many people would drag up before they got there and they would lose a ton of money they had into each person if they knew.
That is just one of the many issue's that happened here.

TRAPPED IN PARIDISE-The other thing people were trapped basically at the hotel because there were so few bus's that ran out to the highway or you had to walk about 2 mile to get to the highway to get a bus anywhere.

A few of the techs had to go out on their own to rent cars a about $1000 a month out of their pockets just to get around.
Then they would rent them out to other techs just so they wouldn't feel so trapped.

I think they should have rented a few cars for the techs to use on their days off,just like every other foreign craft did for their workers here?
Not just for the 2 supervisors only?

Just thinking out loud

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?