Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRS ACTS, Stimulas, ETC

Author Topic: SRS ACTS, Stimulas, ETC  (Read 49478 times)

BetaAnt

Re: Savannah River Site ACTS, Stimulas, ETC
« Reply #50 on: Jul 05, 2009, 05:11 »
It's been 2 decades since I was one of those. Yeah, ELTs are welcome too.

BA  8) 8) 8)

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #51 on: Jul 15, 2009, 07:03 »
There are 11 RCT house job positions available through the SC employment agency.
No one gets out alive.

Offline rebel45

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #52 on: Jul 17, 2009, 09:18 »
It appears that there are "people on the inside" here.So,I have a question.My buddy and I are both coming to SRS,but with different companies.We took the CORE test at the same place in Feb of this year.We both passed the test and have paperwork to prove it.The company he is coming in with says he does NOT have to take the test when he arrives at SRS.I am being told that I have to take the test.Anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?? I would rather not mention the companies involved.

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #53 on: Jul 17, 2009, 09:28 »
Hi, Unless you took the Core Test at SRS you will have to take it again. They are the only DOE Facility that doesn't recognize any other  site's test. It's a long story as to why this is but I would tell my friend to study because when he gets there he will almost certainly have to take it again there. Its not up to the company that you work for, it is a SRS thing, and the decide who takes it. I have been there with companies that told me that too just to find out when i got there that the Oak Ridge test is no good there. Hope this helps.

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
Re: Savannah River Site ACTS, Stimulus, ETC
« Reply #54 on: Jul 17, 2009, 05:28 »
Mr. Black is correct. SRS does not acknowledge your DOE CORE Exam score from any other DOE facility. One is required to take the DOE CORE Exam upon arrival at SRS [the exam is given off-site, at the Jackson (SC) Municipal Building]. In fact, your DOE CORE Exam is given first, and depending upon whether or not you score > 80 (which is passing), you move on to the GET class and exam.

I would encourage everyone who's coming to SRS to get a hold of the DOE CORE Exam Study Guide (SRS has been providing it to the recruiters), study it, and be prepared to take the exam when you walk through the door. Do not bother bringing your own calculator (programmable or otherwise) to the exam. SRS will not allow you to use your own calculator; one is provided for you.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2009, 05:30 by RP Instructor »

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #55 on: Jul 17, 2009, 06:45 »
There also seems to be some initial security clearance issues if you work for a foreign company who has not learned what paperwork is required for clearances "L" and above. Hint: Canada is a foreign country. If you are going to work D&D in any area that does not require a clearance, things should go well. Hopefully they will get their stuff together shortly.
No one gets out alive.

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
Re: SRS ACTS, Stimulas, ETC
« Reply #56 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:53 »
A few weeks back, I drove by a certain office in New Ellenton of a company we all know and love only to see multiple police units parked in the driveway. I thought maybe they were conducting a training exercise or something. Today when I drove by (I don't drive by everyday) their roadside sign was down and the residence looked very closed up with no cars in the driveway. I haven't seen anything in the paper or on line. Did they finally do it?
No one gets out alive.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #57 on: Apr 11, 2011, 08:34 »
A few weeks back, I drove by a certain office in New Ellenton of a company we all know and love only to see multiple police units parked in the driveway. I thought maybe they were conducting a training exercise or something. Today when I drove by (I don't drive by everyday) their roadside sign was down and the residence looked very closed up with no cars in the driveway. I haven't seen anything in the paper or on line. Did they finally do it?

Try calling their number, see what happens.

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #58 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:55 »
Mike, I don't have their number. The sign, which they had outside of their establishment, which had their number, has been totally removed. Today when I drove by, again no sign, no cars.
No one gets out alive.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #59 on: Apr 16, 2011, 04:53 »
Mike, I don't have their number. The sign, which they had outside of their establishment, which had their number, has been totally removed. Today when I drove by, again no sign, no cars.

For what its worth...

I called the number I had on file for them from back in 2003 and its now a Direct TV phone number.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #60 on: Apr 16, 2011, 05:45 »
Wellllllllllllllllllll, YEA!

That's part of the business diversification program.  Call back tomorrow and you can schedule a prostate exam..... :o

:dupe:

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #61 on: Apr 16, 2011, 05:58 »
Hmmm. The last time I saw said sign back in January (2011) , it read "EGS". Scuttlebutt at the time was that ACTS no longer met the requirements for being a small minority-owned business, hence they changed their name to EGS (though the physical address remained the same). Given the raid by law enforcement, it would appear the were charged with defrauding the US Department of Energy, and had charges filed against them buy the US Justice Department.

I benefitted from the ARRA project at SRS and am grateful (I had a job when others didn't) , but a great deal of that money (OUR MONEY) was misspent.

BetaAnt

« Reply #62 on: Apr 17, 2011, 12:29 »
I do believe this is vindication for all the cr@p ACTS, Inc. put me through.  :) :) :)

Ain't ARRA fraud a Pelosi and now ACTS is Baroke.   ;D ;D ;D

BA  8) 8) 8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?