Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRS ACTS, Stimulas, ETC honeypot

Author Topic: SRS ACTS, Stimulas, ETC  (Read 49481 times)

Offline Brewster

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Savannah River Site ACTS, Stimulas, ETC
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 03:11 »
Henry I was not aware of any such policy. What I just read said " submit your resume to one of..." not "submit your resume to only one of..."?

BetaAnt

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 04:03 »
Henry,

I didn't mean to offend, just trying to make a point. I just talked to the tech and he is still P.O.d since his friend was hired by Noramtec with an $8/hr pay increase FOR DOING THE SAME JOB. Both submitted Noramtec and told ACTS not to submit their resume's. One slipped under the radar but the buyer was directed (threatened-?) to place tech #2 under ACTS.

ACTS - No real pay raise for 8 yrs.; medical as a joke ($1200-$1500/yr), no real vacation or holiday pay (all pro-rated on a per hour basis-miss a day and you lose that hourly holiday and vacation pay), and , best of all, you get to listen to David S. brag about the new ACTS airplane and playing golf, while you struggle with bankruptcy due to high energy prices. Ain't they special??
A friend of mine was submitted by BNI but pulled out by ACTS since she quit on them 5yrs ago. I thought SC was a right-to-work state. I guess Astrid hasn't heard of that rule.

I've been missing ya' Henry. I keep looking on SHRINE for your name. We'll have to catch up when you get back here. TTYL 8) 8) 8)

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 05:21 »
Henry,

I didn't mean to offend, just trying to make a point. I just talked to the tech and he is still P.O.d since his friend was hired by Noramtec with an $8/hr pay increase FOR DOING THE SAME JOB. Both submitted Noramtec and told ACTS not to submit their resume's. One slipped under the radar but the buyer was directed (threatened-?) to place tech #2 under ACTS.

ACTS - No real pay raise for 8 yrs.; medical as a joke ($1200-$1500/yr), no real vacation or holiday pay (all pro-rated on a per hour basis-miss a day and you lose that hourly holiday and vacation pay), and , best of all, you get to listen to David S. brag about the new ACTS airplane and playing golf, while you struggle with bankruptcy due to high energy prices. Ain't they special??
A friend of mine was submitted by BNI but pulled out by ACTS since she quit on them 5yrs ago. I thought SC was a right-to-work state. I guess Astrid hasn't heard of that rule.

I've been missing ya' Henry. I keep looking on SHRINE for your name. We'll have to catch up when you get back here. TTYL 8) 8) 8)

"Right to work" doesn't mean the worker has any rights. It means the employer has the right to bust unions. If it was me, I would play my trump card and bite my nose to spite my face. I would simply say, "I am not working for ACTS." If enough techs (about 3) had the kahunas to do that, SRS would get the point. There are long term DOE outages besides SRS.
No one gets out alive.

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 12:39 »
forgive me Camella and Marssim for my of the world remarks. As for the situations at SRS maybe its smells like a rat,looks like a rat,so it has to be a rat.Right to work to often depends on who's rights they are defending,seems to me the common man has little rights if any.It would be nice to enjoy the work of your hands. (whoops more scripture, ;) ;)I have heard from one of the contractors about potential hiring this week,anyone else heard the same???

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:35 by Camella Black »
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 08:00 »
BetaAnt,

The prime contractor reassigned an individual to another company, without the individuals knowledge or consent?  I'm finding that hard to believe!  I'm thinking that, that individual sent a resume to ACTS in the past and ACTS listed him/her as an existing asset, otherwise known as, "Resume on File"!  Obviously that individuals name was on some sort of list and the section 8 company played their trump card.  If that individual accepted the job and reported to work under the ACTS venue, then they validated ACTS claim and screwed themselves!

A simple letter to ACTS, via US Certified Mail, (RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED, the GREEN ONE), disallowing ACTS any further representation on his/her behalf, would have yielded better results and probably a better wage!

Best of Luck.... ;D

PS:  They HATE those Green Cards................ :'(

BetaAnt

« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2009, 02:32 »
Not so much as the resume being sent by the wrong company, BUT an ACTS, Inc. subcontractor in procurement directing the purchase process. Yes, Astrid, we have found out and so has DOJ. ;D

chavez

« Reply #31 on: Jun 04, 2009, 09:13 »
Anyone have info on the pay scale, diem, and travel pay under Noram Tec?

BetaAnt

« Reply #32 on: Jun 05, 2009, 04:11 »
Right now, Noramtec and other companies pay and offer PD whenever ACTS allows it. Doesn't matter if you have a signed agreement, the ACTS procurement officer has changed the terms of tech contracts. It Sucks!!!! :'(

Until DOE, DOJ, or DOL do something, ACTS will control site access. Kind of reminds you of the bad ole' Bartlett days ("YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS INDUSTRY AGAIN!!! >:( >:( >:( - until I need you for the next outage :D). Did I mention that ACTS, Inc. is under the mentor program with Washington Savannah River Site? I know that Flor and company have taken over (e.g. SRNS) SRS. The Westinghouse/Washington people have stayed on site, only the company name has changed to throw off the lawyers.  8) 8) 8)

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #33 on: Jun 06, 2009, 06:12 »
Supervision at SRS is well aware of the problems being caused by having two contractors with vast differences in pay and benefits. I was told the solution is going to be is to limit what Normal Tech can pay. I was specifically told $26.00 an hour, but that may be incorrect and might change by yesrterday.

I suggested that techs working with different companies be isolated from each other on different projects. Having someone on site making more than you on a different project is easier for a roadtech to digest than someone working side by side.
No one gets out alive.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #34 on: Jun 07, 2009, 09:56 »
I'm sorry, who's setting the compensation package?

Savannah is looking for 150 RP field techs, that's close to an additional 50% of their already existing HP staff.... ::)

Just about every contract company under the sun is advertizing for resources and they still can't fill them!

What Fair.... ::) 

I believe the grade 20 wage is about $30.00+/hour, plus benefits!  I'm sure most of the RP management will say that's totally ridiculous, Contractors aren't as Qualified as the House Techs!  The only reason they aren't as Qualified, is due to the past and current managements ignorance to qualify them, (A.K.A. PLANTATION MENTALITY)!

If your already there, drop a two weeks notice in the company mail box!

If your not, keep your distance for the better bucks!

I'm Thinking:

$30.00+/hour,
$3.00/hour for Health Benefits,
Vacation Time converted to PTO,
Holidays, Paid on Holidays...Not an hourly pile of bull to make the checks look better,
Per Diem paid on a weekly bases, not hourly!

That's about it, seems fair...

Have a Great Day....RG

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Jun 07, 2009, 11:55 »
Rad-Ghost, the current actual level 20 pay grade is just under $30 an hour. That will change with the new cost of living wage to just above $30  an hour. I disagree with dropping the notice until you have positive options. ( I am speaking from too much experience in this area.) You need to "make before break" if possible. I also examine my options and make sure the pot I am getting into isn't worse than the one I am in. I hate working next to some slug making more money than I am, but if my option is either not working or working for less, I bite the bullet. While one would argue this isn't what is best for the industry, it is what is best for me. The only one in the industry which watches out for me is me.  I can not rely on the goodness of strangers.

I have worked with contractors, or a contractor at SRS who has been qualified to the basic level of a house tech and in many ways was considered MORE qualified than house techs, having responsibilities we did not have. It is not a site policy, but one that is up to the facility manager as to how much they want to invest in the short term for someone who is not going to be here in the future.

Not only is SRS looking for 150 contractors, they want them all to be experienced seniors with CORE certification and can jump right in and start from day one (after a few days of JPMs.) House techs who have worked here before and left under dubious circumstances have been hired back. These are people I would not of hired back with my low standards.

So, I guess the bottom line is, if you can swing a meter, but have been a problem child in the past, welcome back. Reminds me of the times when Bruce would give "blanket amnesty" to people on the "double-secret probation list" so he could staff outages without having NSS doing a backup.  ( Yes, Eric, we know there was no secret about who was on the list, it is just something we called it because it had that same "Animal House" stupidity to it.)
No one gets out alive.

Offline rebel45

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #36 on: Jun 15, 2009, 06:18 »
  My wife and I have both receieved start dates with ACTS at SRS as RCT's.I was wondering if anyone has started recently and found a significant difference in pay between companies for RCT pay.Thanks for any replies.

Offline metalman40

• RCT
  • Moderate User
  • Life sucks then you die.
« Reply #37 on: Jun 15, 2009, 06:54 »
New contract RCTs would be well advised to study the SRS CORE study guide before arriving. They are having a pretty high failure rate right now. It's not worth coming here to get turned away over the test.
Sometimes you just want to say dilligaf and go dfr.

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #38 on: Jun 17, 2009, 03:17 »
Does anyone have contact information for getting on at SRS as a Senior RCT? I would like to talk with someone that actually makes the decisions to hire someone or not. Can anyone help?

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #39 on: Jun 17, 2009, 04:16 »
Each area out here has a hiring manager.  The resumes are submitted to the manager when he/she asks for them.  As far as contractor/vendors go, only send your resume to the one you want to pay you.  Procurement will award the contract to the contractor who pays the least.  Out here that is usually ACTS.  Most folks seem to be happy with NORAMTEC.  If you need to talk with somebody on site then I would talk with Jerry Denton at 803-208-0969.  He should be able to give you some good info.

Slingshot

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #40 on: Jun 18, 2009, 09:26 »
I have never worked at SRS and if even half of all the BS in this thread is true I never will.  It seems to me that anyone who submits their resume to that nut farm deserves what they get.  McDonald's is hiring for God's sake.  Have some pride, let the boys drop.  Makes for interesting reading though.  Kind of like cartoons for adults.

Looks like D&D is working 4 12's with a fifth day option. I have heard SRS is attempting to spend a million dollars a day on D&D operations, which is about what they are alloted. for the next 30 months. Cost of living in this area is one of the cheapest in the country.  They will be handing out money in wheelbarrows, which buys alot of pride down the road.
No one gets out alive.

Offline aubergine63

• Light User
« Reply #41 on: Jun 19, 2009, 10:47 »
Anyone headed to SRS beware of certain real estate rental companies.

1.  Haltermann Properties
2.  Rex Properties

They both rent in Augusta and are lousy.  I've rented from (1) for two years,  moving next month because of slumlord behavior.  Both are overpriced badly.  (1) won't fix ANYTHING once you move in.....no exaggeration.  Most of their places are downtown or in Old Town and appear good neighborhoods by day.  Every weekend night is like Halloween.  Crime is pretty bad down here, too.

Just thought I'd warn ya'll.  I'm a local.  Yes, I can read and have all my teeth.
Relax.

BetaAnt

« Reply #42 on: Jun 27, 2009, 01:06 »
OH HAPPY DAYS :) :)
A new wage determination is on the way ;D ;D ;D

ENJOY YOUR NEW WAGES 8) 8) 8)

BA  8)

Offline rebel45

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #43 on: Jun 27, 2009, 04:56 »
I have tried getting info on the new wages.Haven't found out anything yet.

BetaAnt

« Reply #44 on: Jun 29, 2009, 05:38 »
CHA-CHING

DOE IS ABOUT TO SIGN OFF ON A $4/HR PAYRAISE

CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING
8) 8) 8)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #45 on: Jun 29, 2009, 06:27 »
CHA-CHING

DOE IS ABOUT TO SIGN OFF ON A $4/HR PAYRAISE

CHA-CHING, CHA-CHING
8) 8) 8)

All I can say is... its about time!!!!!!!!!

BetaAnt

« Reply #46 on: Jul 02, 2009, 11:24 »
:)THIS JUST IN (FROM LAST WEEK) :)

SRS IS STILL SHORT ~45 HPTs

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!

READ THE POSTED QUALS AND DO THE MATH (i.e. 3 YRS MEANS 36 MONTHS Sr. HP EXPERIENCE, NOT Sr. DECONNER, NOT Sr. ALARA TECH, NOT Sr. DOSIMETRY TECH, NOT Sr. ASSISTANT SITE COORDINATOR, NOT Sr. LAUNDRY TECH, etc.)

(Sr. HP TECH TIME ONLY!!!!)
(Sorry for yelling, just passing along the resume review frustration)

MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME ANSWERS ALL THE POINTS FOR THE POSITION REQUIREMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE ARE 3 LISTS:
1. SRS RadCon Inspector EXPERIENCE
2. DOE RadCon EXPERIENCE
3. COMMERCIAL HP EXPERIENCE
SRS IS STILL ON LIST #1 AND ABOUT TO HIRE FROM LISTS #2 AND #3 NEXT MONTH. SRS IS BRINGING IN 5 HPTs A WEEK.

ALSO, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, FOR THE DOE CORE TEST (40% FAILURE ON BASIC STUFF, READ THE FREAKING QUESTION).

GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU SHORTLY @ SRS.  8) 8) 8)

BA 8)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #47 on: Jul 02, 2009, 01:19 »
What's the scoop on Jr Techs being brought in?  I spoke with one of the managers there and he said he was trying to get that done.

BetaAnt

« Reply #48 on: Jul 04, 2009, 10:22 »
Very slim to none. But maybe next year when the pool dries up or techs start bailing for higher paying outages.

Good luck and See Ya' DTR,

BA  8) 8) 8)

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #49 on: Jul 05, 2009, 03:07 »
Hey hey BA,

Have you forgotten about the folks having Navy ELT experience and also the folks who are currently have been NAVSHIPS 389-0288 or 0153 qualifications??  I do believe those count toward SR HP experience!!!!!!  Just a friendly reminder buddy.

Slingshot

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?