Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Getting out very soon

Author Topic: Getting out very soon  (Read 8258 times)

deed

Getting out very soon
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:22 »
This is my first time visiting this forum. I am a Submarine Nuclear MM. I have almost ten years in currently I am a QAS at the Sub repair facility in San Diego. I am having a little trouble with my job search and wondered if anyone had any advice. I am pretty open to location(I do not want to stay on the west coast).

JustinHEMI05

Re: Getting out very soon
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:26 »
BMS

Justin

deed

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11 »
What does BMS mean?

Offline nathaneltrct

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 10:29 »
Be more specific, as in where do you want to live besides not the west coast, and what would you like to be? Nuke plant, conventional plant, QA? One  of my favorite job sites is www.indeed.com, type in what you are looking for and it has a comprehensive job search through many company and non-company sites. You can also set it up so that when new jobs are posted, the alerts are sent to your email, for as many different jobs as you like. Some suggestions for nuke jobs are

nuclear operator
nuclear technician
nuclear equipment operator

If you are lucky enough to be an ELT, you can also put in

chemistry technician
chemistry plant technician

There are other searches you can do for radcon, but these are just my examples. Oh and
IAYNKAMGHMOYS ;)

Also, on average from what I have seen recently in the last few months, it takes on average 1- 2 months for the companies to contact you from the day resume was submitted to first H.R. person calling. Be patient.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:15 by nathaneltrct »
Above all, don't fear difficult moments, the best comes from them. -Rita Levi Montalcini

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23 »
Nathan knows me and he nailed it. We need more information to be able to answer your question well. What do you want to do? What have you tried? What trouble are you having? Etc etc

Otherwise I will just say www.monster.com or the job postings on this site.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:25 by JustinHEMI »

deed

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:57 »
I would like to live in the south east us. I have been appling on excelon, tva, entergy, duke energy, progress energy, nuclear street, monster and this site so far no one has contacted me I have been appling for about 3 months. I am also using Bradley Morris, Orion and Lucas Group. So far no luck. I don't know if my resume is lacking something or what. I would like to get into maintenence or qa. I am not an ELT. I have not tried indeed.com I will try it now. thanks for everones input.

Offline Jimmykroffa

• Light User
  • Nuclear Operator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 01:05 »
Also try simplyhired.com

Motown homey

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 01:47 »
Try http://www.fplcareers.com/ for Florida Power and Light jobs.  I haven't used it , but it appears that it's fairly comprehensive.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 03:17 »
Sounds to me like maybe you might need someone to have a look at your resume to see what is deterring employers or not making you stand out. Are you qualified EWS?

Justin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:18 by JustinHEMI »

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34 »
I would like to live in the south east us. I have been appling on excelon, tva, entergy, duke energy, progress energy, nuclear street, monster and this site so far no one has contacted me I have been appling for about 3 months. I am also using Bradley Morris, Orion and Lucas Group. So far no luck. I don't know if my resume is lacking something or what. I would like to get into maintenence or qa. I am not an ELT. I have not tried indeed.com I will try it now. thanks for everones input.

When you submitted your resume and application was the spelling and capitalization performed in the same manner as in the above quoted post?

Mike

Offline xforcehunter

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 11:47 »
Not to be Johnny Rain Cloud or anything but you had better already live at the plant (TVA wise) if you want a call for a test or interview.  Just a little inside baseball for ya'.

That's interesting.  I know a dozen people that got called for interviews with TVA.  They're were all in the Navy and they all lived in Charleston, SC.  They all got offered jobs as NLO's, SRO candidates, or instructors.  Most of them work at WBN, a couple at SQN, and a couple at BFN. 

Fermi2

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 12:06 »
Special circumstances, we conducted a job fair. Normall you have to live within 60 miles of the plant to be considered.

Offline xforcehunter

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 12:12 »
Most got in from a job fair, some from referrals, a couple just posted their resume online.

Offline Jimmykroffa

• Light User
  • Nuclear Operator
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 02:00 »
Or you have to know somebody...who knows somebody.....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?