Facility & Company Information > ANO (Arkansas Nuclear One)

Advice for ANO interview

(1/8) > >>

sovbob:
I just got an interview/POSS testing date at ANO and was looking for any and all information before heading out there in a few weeks.  I've been searching the forums, but some of the posts are pretty old so I was hoping to get a bit more recent information.

I'm an ex Navy EM, did my six years and got out.  Looking to start as an auxiliary operator.  I'm confident that I'll do fine on the POSS (based on the practice test I took), but I haven't had a job interview in quite some time.  Any advice?  Pitfalls?

What about travel?  Do you submit an expense report?

Thanks in advance.

Smooth Operator:
NLOs rarely travel unless your company does shared resources and you travel for sister plant outages. Usually it is flat per diem. Sometimes I submit to my pay cleark mileage for going to work related functions.

Search for STAR interview techniques.

HydroDave63:
A few utilities will pay SOME meal & incidentals for interviewees. That's a question (among many) you want to ask HR long before before the interview. Don't assume anything, ask!

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: sovbob on May 15, 2009, 01:31 ---What about travel?  Do you submit an expense report?

--- End quote ---

I interviewed at a different Entergy plant last summer.   I gave them my receipts for plane ticket, rental car, & hotel and had a reimbursement check in about a week.  I don't remember if I asked about meals, but it couldn't hurt.

Good luck!  :)

jams723:

--- Quote from: sovbob on May 15, 2009, 01:31 ---I just got an interview/POSS testing date at ANO 1 and was looking for any and all information before heading out there in a few weeks.  I've been searching the forums, but some of the posts are pretty old so I was hoping to get a bit more recent information.

I'm an ex Navy EM, did my six years and got out.  Looking to start as an auxiliary operator.  I'm confident that I'll do fine on the POSS (based on the practice test I took), but I haven't had a job interview in quite some time.  Any advice?  Pitfalls?

What about travel?  Do you submit an expense report?

Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

ANO is a great place, good people nice area to live (unless you are looking for a wild night life). It is a dry county (ie no liquor stores only  few private clubs)

With enough advance notice HR will coordinate your travel.  They should get your airline ticket, rental car and hotel.  Keep all your other receipts and they will give you a form to fill out for reimbursement.

Be open and honest, you will be interviewing whit a panel that will typically have non-licensed operators (AUOs) through senior reactor operators.  They will be able to tell if you are blowing smoke.

Be ready for behavioral interviewing type questions, try and use real examples based on your experience (it is ok to use non work related examples if they fit the question).

Do not go in there overconfident or cocky...

Good luck!  If you get an offer and need a good realtor let me know.  I still have some good contacts in the area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version