Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu just learned something new  

Author Topic: just learned something new  (Read 17696 times)

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: just learned something new
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 03:31 »
Anybody else remember it this way?

I've been qual'd ERS for a year and am still getting the standard $150.

I'll follow up on Tuesday when I go back to work but wanted to know if this was indeed correct info.

You're eligible for supervisory NEC once you've qualified senior-in-rate and have six years in (5 years if you qualify EWS).  Here's a link to the instruction.  It's from a previous post I made.

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/01000%20Military%20Personnel%20Support/01-200%20Personnel%20Classification%20and%20Designation/1220.1C.pdf.  From the instruction:

(a) The criteria for recommending a supervisory NEC
(336X/339X) are:
1. Paygrade E-5 or above (if paygrade E-5, must
have completed all military and professional requirements for E6).
2. Demonstrated effective supervisory skills as
determined by the individual's Commanding Officer;
3. Qualified Surface Warfare (SW) or Submarines
(SS) as appropriate;
4. Completed six or more years of active naval
service based on Active Duty Service Date (ADSD);
5. Currently qualified on specified watchstations listed below:

3365 E-5/6 Engine Room Supervisor and Shutdown Roving
Watch

Derek
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 03:48 »
You're eligible for supervisory NEC once you've qualified senior-in-rate and have six years in (5 years if you qualify EWS).  Here's a link to the instruction.  It's from a previous post I made.

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/01000%20Military%20Personnel%20Support/01-200%20Personnel%20Classification%20and%20Designation/1220.1C.pdf.  From the instruction:

(a) The criteria for recommending a supervisory NEC
(336X/339X) are:
1. Paygrade E-5 or above (if paygrade E-5, must
have completed all military and professional requirements for E6).
2. Demonstrated effective supervisory skills as
determined by the individual's Commanding Officer;
3. Qualified Surface Warfare (SW) or Submarines
(SS) as appropriate;
4. Completed six or more years of active naval
service based on Active Duty Service Date (ADSD);
5. Currently qualified on specified watchstations listed below:

3365 E-5/6 Engine Room Supervisor and Shutdown Roving
Watch

Derek

Or in layman's terms for senior supervisory pay....

It is E5 over 6, qualified EWS/PPWS
or E6 over 5, Senior-in-rate.

Cheers,
GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 04:35 »
So inevitably, it is good, bad, and sometimes ugly, but you are better for it. That is what I pick up from here.
Well done!  You're going to go far -
That dude that was glowering all over himself is probably just some fat 29 year old engineering major  living in his moms basement playing dungeons and dragons, and refusing to bathe because his girlfriend left him 2 years ago for his best friend.  His best friend is probably a nuke:)
as long as you can "get" as good as you "give".  (I have no reason to suspect that you can't.  I'm just sayin', is all...)

Yes, I did research on nuke pro pay for enlisted...NON FRICKING EXISTENT.
The source document for SDAP is OPNAVINST 1160.6B, but that only talks about the program in general.  Specifics about who is elegible, and for how much, are determined by the CNO (and the specifics change from time to time).  Currently, NAVADMIN 101/08 sets all of the SDAP levels for the Navy; refer to paragraph 8.N if you want to read about Navy Nukes.

All of this information fairly well jumps off the page at you - why would this be so difficult for some people?   :P
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

jowlman

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 10:28 »
The info that I am given is dated, I got out in 86. Back then people only got pro-pay for being "Career Designated" which meant that you had reenlisted. The only exception to that was they were hurting so bad for surface ELT's that they started paying us pro-pay back in I think 85. To get the higher rate of pay, you had to be qualified your senior in rate watch.Our senior in rate watch was debated and on California, determined to be Lead ELT and they created a qual to go with the title.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 10:54 »

Yes, I did research on nuke pro pay for enlisted...NON FRICKING EXISTENT. 

As I explained I found different classifications such as combat, special hazard, sea, etc.  the list goes on...That dude that was glowering all over himself is probably just some fat 29 year old engineering major  living in his moms basement playing dungeons and dragons, and refusing to bathe because his girlfriend left him 2 years ago for his best friend.  His best friend is probably a nuke:)  God, I can't wait to join the ranks of you guys.  Should be fun:)

Replies #1, 6, 7 and 8 tell you otherwise. And they all either served recently or are still active duty. So, really you owe the "dude" from the other website, and those that answered your question here, an apology for wasting their time when they gave you the answer ...

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 11:43 »
Or in layman's terms for senior supervisory pay....

It is E5 over 6, qualified EWS/PPWS
or E6 over 5, Senior-in-rate.

Cheers,
GC

No.  In layman's terms:

E-5 or E-6 over six qualified SIR (senior-in-rate)

E-5 or E-6 over five quailfied EWS.

I thought the instruction was pretty clear.

Derek
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Offline G-reg

• Heavy User
  • C'mere and chum some of this...
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46 »
the ever popular and wildly accurate .... HEY, SHIPWRECK (fourth episode of the first year).
Ahhhh, TubeDaze - all the news that's fit to parody.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks for the trip back down Memory Lane, H/C !
"But that's just my opinion - I could be wrong."
  -  Dennis Miller

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?