Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLO honeypot

Author Topic: NLO  (Read 5030 times)

ccx2zu

NLO
« on: May 23, 2009, 10:18 »
Does the industry look down on people that take meds for ADHD?

Xenon_Free

Re: NLO
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:35 »
Well, I don't know if the industry looks down on it... I've seen some guys with ADHD who either didn't know it - or didn't tell it.  They were among the best RO's in the Biz because they were constantly looking for problems.  They did have problems advancing beyond RO since they had difficulty with the big picture.  The NRC has very stringent guidance regarding acceptability of Operators - IIRCC ADHD is not one of them. I'm sure someone here has the CFR down well enough to enlighten you.

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 07:57 »
Probably depends on the medication you are taking. Apply and see what the plant tells you. Good Luck

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 03:59 »
From a Fitness For Duty aspect you'd have to claim any medications you are taking, otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.

Mike

Bham_Dave

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 01:09 »
Does the industry look down on people that take meds for ADHD?

Might depend on how stingy you are with your meds.  ;)

Seriously, just make sure to disclose this where and when requested and it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure you won't be the first or the last with a similar situation.

Make sure you disclose if asked though, because depending on what meds you take for ADHD  they will show up on a drug test as a controlled substance, and if your test comes back positive they'll start to check DEA Rx numbers, so you won't be able to pull a "poppy seed" muffin excuse, and the nondisclosure will come back to bite you.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:23 by Bham_Dave »

ccx2zu

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:39 »
Well today I talked to the person in charge of FFD, She had me fill out a prescription form and said I'm all good to go. She also said that the medication will not affect me getting a license. The NRC will just require me to take as prescribed. Thank you all for the responses.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?