Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interested in moving to a Safety position

Author Topic: Interested in moving to a Safety position  (Read 4715 times)

Offline hpmarc

• Light User
  • Gimme my check dammit!
Interested in moving to a Safety position
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:08 »
I am interested in moving to the safety field from the RP side of things. Does anyone have any ideas about schooling or training required to make the leap? I would still like to stay in the commercial nuke industry.
I'll take yer money!

wlrun3@aol.com

Re: Interested in moving to a Safety position
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:42 »

...ohst (occupational health and safety technician)...cchest.org...beercourt has this cert...

Offline guppy

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:21 »
Get the OSHA 30 Hour Construction Outreach Course and OSHA Course 500.  Then work towards one of several certs.  If you already have a BS then you could work towards a CIH or similar cert.

Here's a link with more info:

http://www.keene.edu/conted/osha.cfm
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

Offline hpmarc

• Light User
  • Gimme my check dammit!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:12 »
Thanks for the replies. This at least gives me a starting point. Does anyone know how to get a safety job at a company like Williams or some of the other companies that contract safety people to nukes? I was hoping for something like a step by step approach, ie. get this cert, then this one, then this one....then you can get a job as....  I have been searching the internet trying to find info like this...no luck so far. Thanks for you help.
I'll take yer money!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?