Career Path > Resume & Interview

Interview questions:All the rope you need to hang yourself

<< < (2/7) > >>

Marlin:
It sounds like you have a handle on it. Good Luck.

bradley535:

--- Quote from: guppy on May 29, 2009, 06:55 ---Ahhhh, what is the sound of one hand clapping, Grasshopper?

--- End quote ---

I once asked my wife that... She slapped me.

metoo:
Wow!  What a waste of time worrying about twisted questions!   I want to tell you folks, I just had the interview of our (modern) lifetimes!  I got a former sub CO, who did enough of the HR stuff to make it legal, but most of the interview was a real Captain having a challenging conversation with someone who he was possibly  going to make an overture toward  for joining his team. 

I had five CO's during my Navy experience, some were better than others.  Two were real LEADERS!  That word, used in the  purest form, requires caps throughout.  This guy was a LEADER!  Great interview, Great Guy, and I hope to join his team.

The only wobble in the plan is I don't feel good today, and had a tough time with a test that on any other day of the year I could have smoked.  I passed the poss a couple months ago, and tests have always been a strong point of mine.  In fact, I know I smoked three out of four sections, but I just couldn't concentrate on the first section.  I probably should have had one more cup of Java before starting.   

Even if I didn't pass the test, I enjoyed the interview, because I was asked real questions, by a real LEADER, and from there, we'll let the chips fall where they may.

ps.  Any of you who have had the opportunity to work for a real LEADER (as well as less than leaders), know the ecstasy you feel when you meet a real one.  Those who haven't had the experience, I hope you someday do!

Fermi2:

--- Quote from: metoo on May 30, 2009, 03:53 ---Wow!  What a waste of time worrying about twisted questions!   I want to tell you folks, I just had the interview of our (modern) lifetimes!  I got a former sub CO, who did enough of the HR stuff to make it legal, but most of the interview was a real Captain having a challenging conversation with someone who he was possibly  going to make an overture toward  for joining his team. 

I had five CO's during my Navy experience, some were better than others.  Two were real LEADERS!  That word, used in the  purest form, requires caps throughout.  This guy was a LEADER!  Great interview, Great Guy, and I hope to join his team.

The only wobble in the plan is I don't feel good today, and had a tough time with a test that on any other day of the year I could have smoked.  I passed the poss a couple months ago, and tests have always been a strong point of mine.  In fact, I know I smoked three out of four sections, but I just couldn't concentrate on the first section.  I probably should have had one more cup of Java before starting.   

Even if I didn't pass the test, I enjoyed the interview, because I was asked real questions, by a real LEADER, and from there, we'll let the chips fall where they may.

ps.  Any of you who have had the opportunity to work for a real LEADER (as well as less than leaders), know the ecstasy you feel when you meet a real one.  Those who haven't had the experience, I hope you someday do!

--- End quote ---

So based on one interview, without ever having worked for the man OR having a conversation with someone who had worked for him you've decided this guy is a real LEADER? No one would ever buy me off that quickly but if you say so....

Mike

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: metoo on May 30, 2009, 03:53 ---

--- End quote ---

ecstasy....  ::)

must have been the alpha male pheromones....  http://alphadominance.com/?p=773

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version