Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview questions:All the rope you need to hang yourself

Author Topic: Interview questions:All the rope you need to hang yourself  (Read 23315 times)

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
Re: Interview questions:All the rope you need to hang yourself
« Reply #25 on: Nov 10, 2009, 06:43 »
No.  I'll wait for them to contact me at this point.  8)
However, I did manage to write down the names of the folks who interviewed me, and intend to send each a thank you note to let them know I appreciate them taking the time to talk with me.  And regardless of whether I made the cut or not, let them know that I learned something from the process and hope they would consider me for a future position as they come through the staffing process for new operators.
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2009, 10:49 by NukeLDO »
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #26 on: Nov 10, 2009, 10:18 »
Any reason you don't want to call them? It may be none of my business, I am just curious.

Good luck!

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Nov 10, 2009, 10:48 »
No, other than the interview ended with them telling me they would call me back within the next 10 days to let me know of their decision.  Would those of you who've been there, done that, got the merit badge call them pre-emptively or wait for the call and then call on the 11th day?  Now you've got me curious.  ???
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Nov 10, 2009, 10:51 »
Never wait. Call them within a week.

Mike

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Nov 10, 2009, 10:55 »
Never wait. Call them within a week.

Mike

Got it.  See, told you I'd learn something from the process...that's why I read and post here.  Thanks.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #30 on: Nov 11, 2009, 05:13 »
Yup that is what I was getting at, its your career, go after it.

What I did for all of my interviews was this;

I had my thank you cards ready to mail and with me at the interview. As I left the site, I dropped them in the closest mailbox I could find so that they would get there the very next day. Then I called a week after, and every week after that until I was told one way or the other. During the interview, I tried to find common interests with the person I would be calling so we could shoot the shit for a while during my calls, and so that it wasn't just a 30 second "hey did you make a decision yet"? Even if I didn't get an offer, it all seemed very positive from their end and I think that my strategy helped me get 1 or 2 more offers than I would have, had I just waited for them to pull my name out of the hat.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Justin
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009, 05:15 by JustinHEMI »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?