Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Would something like this keep me from getting hired. honeypot

Author Topic: Would something like this keep me from getting hired.  (Read 7212 times)

Bham_Dave

http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=15456&size=A#

Just wondering if I was caught in a car with a couple of Japanese guys with close to $135 billion dollars if that'd show up on my record.

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Re: Would something like this keep me from getting hired.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:26 »
If you had that much money, why would you be worried about getting a job?
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:45 »
Unless the bonds are fake, in which case the years of being in Italian jail might show up in your physical exam and MMPI  :P

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2009, 09:52 »
Do not get me started on the MMPI!!!!! I took mine yesterday then I find out everyone has to see the psyche anyway. What a waste of time.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2009, 12:06 »
Do not get me started on the MMPI!!!!! I took mine yesterday then I find out everyone has to see the psyche anyway. What a waste of time.

The only people who complain about the Multiple Personality Inventory and seeing the shrink, are the very people we need to keep a close eye on  :P

Or do you consider the whole experience a lot like being in the Italian prison? ;)

Bham_Dave

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2009, 02:42 »
I thought the incident was interesting, and initially thought the bonds had to be fake. Then I talked to a friend who works at a big bank and he was hearing that there is a good chance that the bonds were real. Possibly confirming the bonds are real is the fact that the Japanese men were released shortly after the incident.

So, I guess it's the MMPI that I need to be worried about.  ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:12 »
Negative. 143 Billion dollars is more wealth than even Carlos Slim, Creepy George Soros and Bill Gates combined. If those bonds were real, you are talking the order of magnitude of a major hedge fund or a national government, neither of which is going to hand these bonds to a couple guys who could get lost, mugged, car accident, etc.

I'd bet 100 quatloos that this story is either:

1. Another far-fetched unverifiable story, such as the stock trader from the future that was supposedly arrested by the FBI in 2003

2. The Japanese "tourists" were simply front men for either North Korea, Iran or one of the Russian 'siloviki' (the best, crispest $100 bills in the world are counterfeited in China and North Korea) , since any legit trader in Treasuries can move physical bonds in many different exchanges. 143 billion in a shady off books trade is more than enough to finance all the 3rd party WMD tech and materials purchases for the entire Axis of Eeeevil

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2009, 04:08 »

I agree,  complete waste of time.  In your case anyway.  We all know the results. ;D
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2009, 04:25 »
MY GAWD NOT THE POINT!!!! LOL

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2009, 06:39 »
MY GAWD NOT THE POINT!!!! LOL

Hmmm....easily flustered during evaluation, displays issues with discussing personal opinions, a high Stress and High Authority Inventory.... "unsuitable" ! 

Perhaps we should rename it "Mike's Multiple Personality Indicator" ? ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2009, 06:43 by HydroDave63 »

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2009, 07:39 »
If you are talking about being a contractor or working for ComEd, there is very little you can do to keep you from being hired. It seems the only cardinal sin is getting caught lying about your past. Having said that,  don't ever tell them you smoked pot unless you have a record as an adult.
No one gets out alive.

stownsend

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19, 2009, 01:03 »
The only people who complain about the Multiple Personality Inventory and seeing the shrink, are the very people we need to keep a close eye on  :P

Or do you consider the whole experience a lot like being in the Italian prison? ;)
As Donna Reid once said"hope they don't ask if I played bondage and disipline with Ken and Barbie when I was little".

30378wby

« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2009, 10:16 »

Umm being divorced and an active SRO I can say that this is crap.  If you answer honestly, which I would question the poster, you will get to see the shrink after a divorce...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #13 on: Jun 23, 2009, 11:03 »
Umm being divorced and an active SRO I can say that this is crap.  If you answer honestly, which I would question the poster, you will get to see the shrink after a divorce...

As the sarge observed:

15 second rule, it was a poke at Broadzilla. No one in this thread suggested giving anything not honest. You may go now.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?