Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Barlett honeypot

Author Topic: Barlett  (Read 7111 times)

Offline janorth

• Lurker
Barlett
« on: Jun 20, 2009, 12:31 »
I worked @ Cooper Nuclear for 6yrs as a Security Officer, then started with the union as a Millwright. I was lay-ed off in Dec. 2008 from an  new Ethanol plant project. Then was able to do a job for Siemens in March. @ Palisades for 30 days for the Stator swap. I haven't worked since. My BA sucks! My question is.. I have sent my resume to Bartlett & have been in contact with a recruiter. Bartlett sent my resume to Crystal River as a scaffold builder. I was in contact with a coordinator @ Crystal River said they would look for my resume & get back with me. Do I keep calling & bugging them? I don't understand how the process works. I love the nuke world & want to keep in it.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Barlett
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2009, 05:40 »
Be persistant! They will call.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2009, 09:01 »
Yes, keep calling Bartlett.  If they tell you to call them back on a certain day, make sure you do.  Kelli should be the recruiter you're talking to about Crystal.... she's a pretty good recruiter IMHO.... keep calling her!!

duke99301

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2009, 11:33 »
Now that is old school .

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2009, 02:23 »
Go for the good life.  Marry a SHP and take the classic 'HP by injection' route.

Or check and see if you are related to a Site Coordinator.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2009, 07:21 »
I never thought there would be a thread on how to get into Bartlett. It would be like having a thread "How do I join the hair club for men?"
No one gets out alive.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2009, 04:31 »
I never thought there would be a thread on how to get into Bartlett. It would be like having a thread "How do I join the hair club for men?"

wail, hail!  we gots lotsa threads on how to git a new clear job.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2009, 01:29 »
I worked @ Cooper Nuclear for 6yrs as a Security Officer, then started with the union as a Millwright. I was lay-ed off in Dec. 2008 from an  new Ethanol plant project. Then was able to do a job for Siemens in March. @ Palisades for 30 days for the Stator swap. I haven't worked since. My BA sucks! My question is.. I have sent my resume to Bartlett & have been in contact with a recruiter. Bartlett sent my resume to Crystal River as a scaffold builder. I was in contact with a coordinator @ Crystal River said they would look for my resume & get back with me. Do I keep calling & bugging them? I don't understand how the process works. I love the nuke world & want to keep in it.

Right now Crystal has given us minimal information and work orders to fill.  I am expecting that the full blown outage crew work order for Scaffold will come thru right after the 4th of July and that is when we should also receive the bulk of Scaffold approvals.  Even if they gave us an approval right now i do not have the work order or slot to go with it.  Have patience, stay on top of the recruiters on a periodic basis to let them know you are still available and interested, 1-2 times per week - hit us up after the 4th and hopefully we will have the approval and the slot to slide you into.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

jasper

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2009, 01:45 »
Eric,

Is this the case w/ all the posistions @ CR ? or just for the scaffold crew ?

Offline janorth

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2009, 11:06 »
Thanks for all the info. & a special thank you to Eric Barlett for the updated info!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2009, 12:39 »
Eric,

Is this the case w/ all the posistions @ CR ? or just for the scaffold crew ?
  Just the Scaffold crew - the RP/Decon side is about to be wrapped up - just a handful of HP slots left - should be wrapped up by end of this week.  I should have all of the Scaffold info the week of July 6th.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?