Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Handford honeypot

Author Topic: Handford  (Read 5347 times)

duke99301

Handford
« on: Jul 02, 2009, 07:19 »
I had the pleasure to work with the men they talk about in the link below.
Harold told me he wondered if it was worth 30 bucks a week when they were taking a core drill smaple out of his chest.
JR  told when it happend they were ruuning down the hallway and Harlod was shouting I dead JR I am dead I can taste it. Jr told him to shut up and run.  this little item set off the ARMs at the badge house 5 miles away.
In 1976 we had to go back to the same building when they has a pipe blow up and the lost the entire floor and hall ways. I worked whith the men who ran in to pull the man out. and worked on the clean up.
I learned a lot from all these guys .
Duke.
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19900923&slug=1094706

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
Re: Handford
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2009, 09:17 »
Excellent article!
Call Before You Dig!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2009, 02:03 »
wow...  :/

Great article!  Thanks.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

duke99301

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2009, 08:33 »
PU is nasty stuff. We cleaned and cleaned with only damp rags and would never get it up some times we would use easy off oven cleaner.So many places in 234-5 z plant where they could not clean it up it was just painted over to contain it.
I worked with a couple guys out there that had life time dose. The man Harold(he was a heck of a crib player) was working in the tanks farms when I meet him he could only work in beta gamma zones. One man I worked with at B plant not allowed in a zone for life when I meet him.
Whats funny is the down winders all saying how bad it is and the cancer rate . The men they talk about in this none had cancer.
  I do not recall anyone gettng cancer from working there.
Oh will have a nice 4th eveyone .

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2009, 12:11 »
PU is nasty stuff. We cleaned and cleaned with only damp rags and would never get it up some times we would use easy off oven cleaner.So many places in 234-5 z plant where they could not clean it up it was just painted over to contain it.
I worked with a couple guys out there that had life time dose. The man Harold(he was a heck of a crib player) was working in the tanks farms when I meet him he could only work in beta gamma zones. One man I worked with at B plant not allowed in a zone for life when I meet him.
Whats funny is the down winders all saying how bad it is and the cancer rate . The men they talk about in this none had cancer.
  I do not recall anyone gettng cancer from working there.
Oh will have a nice 4th eveyone .

"Children's doses are estimated as high as 2,500 rem to the thyroid, more than 30,000 times greater than is considered acceptable today for a member of the public to receive in a year."

If you give that kind of dose to that large a population, then statistics have a chance to play out...to the detriment of the downwinders...  The people you work with dodged the bullet...the downwinder I know didn't...  :(
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009, 12:34 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?