Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DOE Loan Guarantee
honeypot

Author Topic: DOE Loan Guarantee  (Read 4616 times)

therealville

DOE Loan Guarantee
« on: Jul 08, 2009, 12:05 »
Is anyone familiar with this program? I am specifically interested in USEC's loan guarantee and the chances of them gettin it...

Keln

Re: DOE Loan Guarantee
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2009, 05:38 »
I work at USEC, and I can say, unfortunately, I am very familiar with the program. Two days ago the DOE announced that they will be denying the loan guarantee for USEC. Everyone is pretty dumbfounded since we jumped through every hoop they asked us to. Apparently the DOE is not interested in a domestic source of enriched uranium. Barring any miracles (like independent investors), the ACP will get mothballed (again), and when Paducah is too old to keep operating, we'll have to depend on all enriched Uranium from the French and the Russians. They both use centrifuge technology, the US is still using old gas diffusion technology which is very inefficient. The DOE's decision is completely mind-boggling.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?