Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NPUA  

Author Topic: NPUA  (Read 384193 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: NPUA
« Reply #575 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:01 »
The DZ Atlantic national election has begun. This is the first major step for us to receive a living wage from both Dz Atlantic and Bartlett. For those receiving a postal mail ballot, please vote and return them asap in the postal mail. The ballots must be in Minneapolis, Minnesota by November 13th, 2010.

So, what was the result?

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #576 on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:44 »
chirp,chirp,chirp (go the crickets).............

Bueller.........Bueller...... ...Bueller............

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #577 on: Dec 09, 2010, 07:37 »
chirp,chirp,chirp (go the crickets).............
Bueller.........Bueller...... ...Bueller............

I guess that's my answer.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #578 on: Dec 30, 2010, 12:55 »
;D let me tell you something about your NPUA Pres. he will not post a job on his site untill he gives it to his cronies and makes sure they have a chance first then he will post it ( thats A fact ) And you are all stupid to give any money to a Union that doesn't excise, NOT REAL.... do you know where all the money is or what it is being used for and have any of you asked or do you always give out your hard earned money to someone to fly home on your dime and to fly his dad to California on your dime and call it Union business. And the big Question is have you ever worked or met with your Union President, if you haven't then maybe you should. I have worked with him and hes a good tech. and hes the biggest to-face and insecued person i have ever met, he is not for you and the Union he is for himself and hjs cronies he doesn't care about getting you the pay it's about you sendind money all he talked about on the job with me was how many techs. he needed to get signed up with the Union to beable to quit his job and stay home and live off you. I can also tell you he is the biggest snitch and back stabbing person I have worked with his loyalties are not with getting you betters jobs or better pay as much as it is getting him it. he is nothing but a sell out and thats a fact. If theres one thing about him thats good is that he cover up who he really is. Hay I could use some of your money too and I dont need 40.00 dollars a month for nothing I just need 5.00 from each of you dummies. If you dont like who you work for then quit and move on and let someone ealse work or better yet go get a 9 to 5 job and see how much you make then and mybe the NPUA will help you there to.

Can anyone say "business venture" - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - guess what it is most likely is a duck.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #579 on: Dec 30, 2010, 01:55 »
;D let me tell you something about your NPUA Pres. he will not post a job on his site untill he gives it to his cronies and makes sure they have a chance first then he will post it ( thats A fact ) And you are all stupid to give any money to a Union that doesn't excise, NOT REAL.... do you know where all the money is or what it is being used for and have any of you asked or do you always give out your hard earned money to someone to fly home on your dime and to fly his dad to California on your dime and call it Union business. And the big Question is have you ever worked or met with your Union President, if you haven't then maybe you should. I have worked with him and hes a good tech. and hes the biggest to-face and insecued person i have ever met, he is not for you and the Union he is for himself and hjs cronies he doesn't care about getting you the pay it's about you sendind money all he talked about on the job with me was how many techs. he needed to get signed up with the Union to beable to quit his job and stay home and live off you. I can also tell you he is the biggest snitch and back stabbing person I have worked with his loyalties are not with getting you betters jobs or better pay as much as it is getting him it. he is nothing but a sell out and thats a fact. If theres one thing about him thats good is that he cover up who he really is. Hay I could use some of your money too and I dont need 40.00 dollars a month for nothing I just need 5.00 from each of you dummies. If you dont like who you work for then quit and move on and let someone ealse work or better yet go get a 9 to 5 job and see how much you make then and mybe the NPUA will help you there to.

Can anyone say 'libel?' I have no use for the union, have never met the union pres, but this seems over the top.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #580 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:10 »
Just wondering if anyone has heard the final results of the DZA/NPUA vote – I’ve heard rumor to the effect that the NPUA was defeated 2:1 but have been unable to verify that – can anyone verify that rumor or set me straight?

Thanks - Hope y'all have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #581 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:15 »
Can anyone say 'libel?' I have no use for the union, have never met the union pres, but this seems over the top.

I'm sure the unions lawyer will be contacting me, at which point I will have to hand over the posters IP address, and email address.  People need to know that they are not anonymous, or above the law.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2010, 03:15 by Rennhack »

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #582 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:38 »
But what if it is TRUE?
 [hypno]

lopez1

« Reply #583 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:51 »
Thats OK its my opinion on the NPUA President I have worked with him and I have gone out to dinner and have had a number of conversations with him and in that I can have an opinion on his character so if you don't think I'm right or the NPUA Lawyers do not like it tough sh-t. You can always try to sue me, so all you TECHS out there be sure to send them your 40.00 dollars. 
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2010, 06:03 by lopez1 »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #584 on: Dec 30, 2010, 08:43 »
If anyone other than an NPUA executive was the target of these baseless slams folks would chastise the accuser if not delete the post outright.  But, what we see are not so subtle endorsements of the juvenile rant by the leader and sponsor of this site.

Seriously?  Let me make sure I understand correctly.  Because Bartlett is a major advertiser and they don't like the NPUA we are bowing to their will and leaving it here to please them? 

No doubt that Bartlett has been wrongly slammed.  Even our DOE friends have been victims of less than glowing banter.  The difference [as far as my memory serves me] is the acceptance if not outright endorsement of the slams by NW leadership and NW sponsors. 

Sorry but I think this is where we'll just have to agree to disagree.  I do appreciate you stirring it up though!   ;) [stir]
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #585 on: Dec 30, 2010, 11:50 »
I just want to know, from Sun Dog or anyone else, the answer to that burning question...What was the result of the DZ Atlantic vote?  So far, I haven't heard anything from the NLRB, NPUA, or DZ Atlantic, so just from that it appears the vote was negative, but no one has officially said.  Can anyone hiring in for DZ Atlantic say if they are being told to join the union for the spring outages?
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline chosen

• Very Lite User
« Reply #586 on: Dec 31, 2010, 12:50 »
it was negative almost three to one.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #587 on: Dec 31, 2010, 11:53 »
And no mention of anything on their website....

funny, that...
 ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Chimera

« Reply #588 on: Jan 01, 2011, 12:10 »
People and/or companies getting "slammed" on this site?  I think almost all of us have been slammed at one time or other in here - individuals, contract companies and utilities alike.  So what's the big deal?  Sometimes the individual is just blowing off steam over some perceived inequality or less than desirable practice that they've experienced along the way.

Libel?  Slander?  After over 40 years in this industry and having worked at over 40 sites - NRC, DoE, and military alike - I'm sure I could whine and complain with the best of them.  But I discovered a little secret: This isn't my life.  This is only my job.  It's how I pay for things I do with my life.  I've worked with some wonderful people over the decades as well as some I would just as soon never see again.  I've worked for companies (from ANEFCO to Bartlett) that I've vowed never to work for again and at sites I would just as soon never go back to.

As for NPUA: When I see a union that is willing to actually represent us and not be just another disguised job-shop with a Tech-hoarding scheme (my perception only), I will support it.  In the meantime, free enterprise is still the ruling principle of the day and our piece of the industry. 

If you have a better offer, the Techs will flock to it.  But we are a bunch of rugged individuals and not a group of sheeple who can be led around with some vague promise of a better pay check.  There are too many other issues involved - although we do all like to whine about our paychecks.

Okay, so much for my rant.

To all my brother and sister Techs (that includes all the deconners and juniors, too) out there in the nuclear world - have a happy and prosperous New Year.

Michael

Soul Merchant

« Reply #589 on: Jan 20, 2011, 11:40 »
 +K

Offline AARPSHP

• Light User
« Reply #590 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:27 »
Headed to Monty this spring.  We got a 10 percent pay increase.  Things are looking up.

Offline jbarney1957

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #591 on: Feb 05, 2011, 11:12 »
WORKED FOR NPUA AND I-3 SOLUTIONS
HAD TO FIGHT FOR ALL MY PAYCHECKS AFTER THE OUTAGE WAS OVER ($18,000)
ALL THE TECH'S
THANK GOD FOR J.R. COLE RPM, AND NY STATE CONTRACT LAWS

NOW THIS IS FEB 2011 AND NO W-2'S  MY NEXT THANK GOD WILL BE THE IRS

I-3 SOLUTIONS AND NPUA ARE EXCUSES AND A LAME IRM

HONEST JOHN
[/color]

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
  • You don't miss the water...until the well runs dry
« Reply #592 on: Feb 08, 2011, 12:26 »
Cracks in the armor…

Still no response…must be hibernating for the winter.

[coffee] [coffee] [coffee]

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #593 on: May 03, 2011, 09:34 »
Bueller?  Bueller?  Bueller?
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #594 on: May 03, 2011, 02:55 »
WORKED FOR NPUA AND I-3 SOLUTIONS
HAD TO FIGHT FOR ALL MY PAYCHECKS AFTER THE OUTAGE WAS OVER ($18,000)
ALL THE TECH'S
THANK GOD FOR J.R. COLE RPM, AND NY STATE CONTRACT LAWS

NOW THIS IS FEB 2011 AND NO W-2'S  MY NEXT THANK GOD WILL BE THE IRS

I-3 SOLUTIONS AND NPUA ARE EXCUSES AND A LAME IRM

HONEST JOHN
[/color]
Same thing happened to me at Vogtle in March! Call me or PM me and I will explain all the shortcomings of I3 and NPUA. I have until next April 15th to get my taxes in line. BEWARE!!!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #595 on: May 12, 2012, 11:22 »
One year and nine days,.....

Well,....there you go,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2012, 10:30 »
I thought they were in the "Fallen" forum.
LM

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #597 on: May 27, 2013, 10:43 »
Two years and 24 days,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #598 on: Oct 05, 2013, 06:06 »
Two years and 128 days, although they do check in and look every once in a while,... [coffee]

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #599 on: Dec 28, 2013, 12:45 »
Is the money that was kept for training still available? I had 500.00 or more withheld from my checks while at Vogtle. My "site coordinator" first told us we did not have to have these funds removed from our pay, but as usual he did not have a clue as to what he was talking about. Well I'm ready to use these funds for "more training" and would like to know where they are!
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2014, 10:41 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?